Thanks for this, ardvark! Favorite weapon in A3 so far.

Keep up the good work!

Good Work mate. It Rocks :)

Very nice looking rifles!

I know people asked before me, but still:

Are you going to make a 14.5 inch barrell (M4 Block II) version of it?

I think the general purpose ammo is not working, it kills nothing

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One X+

These rifles are amazing! :D

Thank you so much for making this.

I think the general purpose ammo is not working, it kills nothing

That is because the GP ammo is hypercavitating ammo intended to be used on the SDAR, under water. Use the conventional ammunition, and the problems will go away.

That is because the GP ammo is hypercavitating ammo intended to be used on the SDAR, under water. Use the conventional ammunition, and the problems will go away.

Nice thanks

I'm sure this has pointless to work on. But the Recoil without a suppressor is a bit too much. If it could be lowered just a tad bit itd be much better. I understand No recoil without a suppressor is unrealistic which is not what I want either But a little less than what it currently has.

Other than that, tested in Multiplayer servers and works just fine. Had to put a addons folder in the Mk18 folder it self but no biggie

These were along time coming. Nice to see the release finally happen! I really hope you can find a config genie so you can continue to do what you do, make amazing 3D models!

Notes and Observations. Some of these are repeats of previous posts:

-Suppressor doesn't cast a shadow.

-I think recoil is fairly accurate. Most of my experiences are with an M16A2 and a handful of civilian AR-15's, but I can't see the real-world MK18 being too far off from either. Weapon sway is irritating, but I think that's A3 and not your addon.

-Reload animation is wonky. I think the version you sent me previously (0.6, maybe?) did better. I stopped using it after the sounds broke so it could just be my memory playing tricks on me.

-Model always has a mag even when unloaded.

I have a Magpul MBUS rear sight. I could send you pictures of the smaller diameter aperature in the up and down positions and from various angles for modelling reference if you like. I think it would be neat to have it folded up when the sight is down for optic use, and down when the MBUS is used.

Any other issues that may be slipping my mind at the moment are probably not worth mentioning since Beta is almost here. Everything discussed so far may be irrelevant come the 25th, anyway, so none of this may be worth messing with until then. Regardless - excellent work, Ardy. I hope you never lose the love.

Edited by vagrantauthor
Typo corrections and additional observation.

Might I suggest using "ReloadGestureScorpion" for the reloadAction in the config? It has a proper hand placement for an AR-type platform, and even hits the bolt release in the proper position.

we have used these weapons in our camp's server and i have to say all these weapons are amazing and everyone in our camp loves themï¼

But we also want to use some more attachments on them,like IR scope or NV scope,are you going to add more scopes to them?

These are some really awesome weapons. I hope this kind of quality is kept up throughout all of the future A3 mods. Really good job.

The rear sight peep hole is pretty accurate, I just wish there was a way to blur out the back sight a bit making your FOV wider just like the rear peep sight does IRL when viewing iron sights.

Thanks for an awesome mod. And I agreed with previous users that the recoil is too much for being an 5.56.

Edited by Sorken

Thanks for an awesome mod. And I agreed with previous users that the recoil is too much for being an 5.56.

You could always inherit the recoil from the 5.56 ingame already.

Also, no magpul?

coolface_Yet_another_motivational_poster_post_number_2-s321x267-59347-535.jpg

Also, no magpul?

Agreed, I mentioned this a while back and a guy responded like I was from some third planet to ask for Magpul furniture on a Mk18

Very awesome mod. Amazing detail given to the MK18. A few details / nitpicks that I just want to get off my chest and share.

-Recoil is unrealistic. I own a MK18 upper myself for one of my AR15 rifles and I can tell you that the recoil is quite unrealistic as it is perceived in-game. There is no reason that the gun should recoil as much as it does. It looks like the recoil model is that of the MX 6.5mm and hasn't been adjusted for 5.56mm? I don't know but the recoil needs to be lessened. Here is a video of some full auto SBR ARs.

-Recoil is even worse with a suppressor. At least it seems that way. This also needs to be adjusted.

-MK18 suppressor has no shadow

-More MK18 models? Have one with a Magpul AFG and/or Magpul CTR?

-Very nitpicky, I know, but the rear MBUS should be moved back more on the rail. It should be mounted on the very last rail slot on the back. You have it mounted way too far forward. Here is a picture of what I am talking about.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g60/azoutdoorsman/20130615_133332_zps4371ff35.jpg (325 kB)

Other than that, excellent job. I will definitely await further updates to this mod.

I am well aware of the recoil. It will be updated once the beta comes out on the 25th. I see no point in doing an update when things can possibly change in such a short amount of time.

ill bite what are you hmmm about

It favors the Mk18 mod1 Advark and RH made...itd be easy to just make a model in the pack with the magpul rear assembly. I mean it looks too dang good to pass up

I have a feeling you freelook down at your weapon too much while playing :D