Thanks for all the comments and feedback. I will try and address the questions in the order they came.

1. Not sure if I will add an AFG or not.

2. I know nothing about sounds. If someone has better sounds and knows how to add them to the weapons and can do it, I would be more than happy to include it in an update.

3. I also know very little about recoil. If someone wants to send me better values that I can just drop into the config I would be happy to do it.

4. I will look into the iron sights, smoothing out the pilot lod and maybe increasing the size slightly.

5. These will not be back-ported to Arma 2

6. I can add in the FHQ attachments if they do not work, I know how to do that. I'm hoping BI simply addresses the issue of how attachments work in the long run.

7. No idea how to modify the reload animation. If someone knows how to do it and can send me the code I'd be happy to include it in an update.

8. I thought I added dyanmic muzzle flashes, but guess that didn't work. If someone yada yada yada

9. I'll look into the smoothing errors around the charging handle

Overall I really want to focus on models, not configs, so if people are willing to help out in this regard I would be grateful. My patience for configs and arma has about run dry :)

Re dynamic muzzle flash: look at this post. I hope I have explained this ok there.

FHQ accessories work if you use the pbo overriding BIS attachments, provided in the latest release of FHQ. Still, not a bad idea to release a dedicated config with FHQ dependency?

Re iron sights: I'd even sacrifice realism for the sake of usability in the context of the game. Bis ironsight apertures on A3 weapons are all quite large and highly usable.

Edited by GvsE

Thanks GvsE. I was missing the memory point. Well, one thing done :)

First post updated with Armaholic mirror. Thanks Foxhound! Much appreciated.

A few second things:

- Sound in MP is everytime like the person is standing beside you, even if this person is 30m away (occured in supressed shots and with reloading)

- If using the SOS Scope and the Top mounted IR Laser, the laser is colliding with the Scope.

FHQ seems to work with it. Unless I'm going crazy - just tested it with FHQ and they worked on it.

Only FHQ items that are incompatible for me are the FHQ laser pointers and flashlights, but this gun comes with its own laser anyway, so that is no problem.

Yeah those two dont work but you can put the BIS vanilla ones. And all the scopes work fine.

Great looking blaster!

I have one critique that hasn't been put out there yet, as the gaping muzzle of the suppressor has been addressed: It's piddling but if we're shooting for accuracy, it probably should be corrected- the lower is stamped RRA. Though RRA used to have some federal contracts, none of them were military. Colt has up till now made any and all M4s in service and until FN starts producing the M4A1s later this year, Colt is the only lower for M4s or Mk18s in service.

Other than that, the gun looks awesome.

The Mk18's from Arma 2 had decent sounds just the volume maybe turned up a bit. I'm going to find out if the sounds for those would work on the new Mk18'mod1's.

Also, when the beta comes out. Its possible the sounds for these might become broken

Thanks man, very sexy looking.

Awesome, just awesome I can say.

Maybe we can expect '12 rail version comes out?

niiice, this looks great.

Almost afraid to ask, but this thing is so tacticool, can we also get a version with an AFG and thumb-over-bore grip even if the arm extends awkwardly in some poses then?

i second this. doesnt even need the AFG, thumb over bore would be enough but either way, what he said!

Thanks for all the comments and feedback. I will try and address the questions in the order they came.

2. I know nothing about sounds. If someone has better sounds and knows how to add them to the weapons and can do it, I would be more than happy to include it in an update.

3. I also know very little about recoil. If someone wants to send me better values that I can just drop into the config I would be happy to do it.

6. I can add in the FHQ attachments if they do not work, I know how to do that. I'm hoping BI simply addresses the issue of how attachments work in the long run.

Overall I really want to focus on models, not configs, so if people are willing to help out in this regard I would be grateful. My patience for configs and arma has about run dry :)

My thought would be to ask Jarhead for new sounds or if you could use the old sounds from his last release for A2, the M4A1 sounds work pretty well.

As i said in the prior post, try switching to (under the fire modes in the config, this doesn't seem to effect the supressed recoil though :/)

recoil = "recoil_auto_sdar";
recoilProne = "recoil_single_prone_sdar";

Quick test (Please don't hate me) and FHQ attachements seemed to have worked fine, both lasers/lights and sights, just have to add the below (under the weaponslotsinfo):

class WeaponSlotsInfo : WeaponSlotsInfo {
		class MuzzleSlot : SlotInfo {
			linkProxy = "\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\MUZZLE";
			compatibleItems[] = {"FHQ_M4_muzzle_snds_556_blk", "FHQ_M4_muzzle_snds_556_tan", "FHQ_M4_muzzle_snds_556_wdl", "FHQ_M4_muzzle_snds_556_snw", "FHQ_M4_muzzle_snds_556"};
		};

class CowsSlot : CowsSlot {
			compatibleitems[] = {"optic_Arco", "optic_aco", "optic_ACO_grn", "optic_hamr", "optic_Holosight", "FHQ_optic_ACOG", "FHQ_optic_AIM", "FHQ_optic_AIM_tan", "FHQ_optic_TWS3050", "FHQ_optic_HWS_G33", "FHQ_optic_HWS", "FHQ_optic_HWS_tan", "FHQ_optic_ACOG_tan", "FHQ_optic_MicroCCO", "FHQ_optic_MicroCCO_tan", "FHQ_optic_MicroCCO_low", "FHQ_optic_MicroCCO_low_tan", "FHQ_optic_LeupoldERT", "FHQ_optic_LeupoldERT_tan", "FHQ_optic_HWS_G33_tan"};
		};

class PointerSlot : PointerSlot {
			compatibleItems[] = {"acc_flashlight", "acc_pointer_IR", "FHQ_acc_ANPEQ15", "FHQ_acc_LLM01L", "FHQ_acc_LLM01F"};
		};

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

[/color]

FHQ accessories work if you use the pbo overriding BIS attachments, provided in the latest release of FHQ. Still, not a bad idea to release a dedicated config with FHQ dependency?

The added config line doesn't 'require' FHQ accessories per se, it just enables them if you're using it.

If you're not running FHQ then it throws a single error (no bin entry thingymawhoop) about the FHQ_Peq but it doesn't seem to be recorded to the RPT and doesn't effect function. that said, if you really are worried about it, just make two configs but imo, the effort of getting them to work isn't worth it.

Also, i lost the post, but someone suggested using the rounds from the SDAR, the rifle already uses the SDAR's 5.56mm mags...

Edited by Scarecrow398

Awesome work so far!! Have you used DDO from quixel?

If yes you have used it in the freakin best way!

Did some work on the iron sights. Made the cylinders higher poly and increased size a tad.

newbuis_zpsf92c6a75.jpg

Thanks to GvsE and Scarecrow for all the info for the configs, I'm working on implementing it.

Thank you man! I have been waiting for so long for these! I wish I had 1/16th of the talent you guys do...

Did some work on the iron sights. Made the cylinders higher poly and increased size a tad.

Thanks to GvsE and Scarecrow for all the info for the configs, I'm working on implementing it.

Looks much better already. I'd still increase it, but that's me ;)

I was thinking of those recoil settings. Probably safer to specify your own unique settings as you will be independent of BIS and whatever changes they decide to implement in sdar recoil. Plus you get more customized settings. Here's a link to wiki with recoil settings for different A2 weapon classes. Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you need any input/testing, etc.

A thousand thanks for those fabulous weapons. Just tried it, and definitively adopted. :)