Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

Pathfinding / AI bugging out

Gents,

ran into a problem the other day.

Take the following scenario (all scripted, no editor / manual commands)

Chernarus, Devils castle.

A group of 10 AI spawned in the middle of the castle.

I am checking the available buildings, and for these am checking the predefined positions in the buildings.

Now i issue a "domove" for all my AI to get into these building positions.

The problem here is: There are some walls in Devils castle, that have predefined positions, but these can not be reached (not unless in flight).

The AI is trying to get to these positions, and fails - which leads to error messages in the rpt like:

Out of path-planning region for R 1-1-B:1 (SAR_leader_2) at 2010.0,11727.2, node type

Error R 1-1-B:1 (SAR_leader_2): Invalid path from [2008.35, 246.92, 11727.00] to [1975.49, 245.53, 11803.27].

The REAL issue now is, that IF this happens, the whole group gets stuck, no movement nothing.

Questions:

a) is there ANY functionality to check the validity of a path ?

b) would a possible solution be to issue "moveto", and check for "movetofailed" or "movetocompleted" ?

c) are there any possibilities to influence / query / adjust the pathfinding logic in Arma2OA ?

Thx for a feedback, searched a while for similar issues but seems not many have run into this.

Sarge

I issue doMove, and check back every 2 seconds, if (getPos leader _grp distance _previousPos > 2). If not, they are stuck.

About the other questions: I haven't yet found any possibility to get inside the pathfinding. Not even a simple query. The command for it (setDestination) doesn't work... ExpectedDestination is known by me because I issued the order right? So no use of that either...

If you search me, I indeed run into this problem several times (vehicles being stuck and such), but no sane solutions came up for me either.

Is it vanilla errors you get, or some mod's?