xaysana

Singapore Armed Forces Mod

Hi all,

I am an 18 year old college student working on my Singapore Armed Forces addon for Arma 3. I am currently working on this mod alone and have no experience in making addons in the previous ArmA series, however i'll be trying my best to learn and hopefully make this a successful mod ;)

I have no knowledge in 3d modelling and pretty much every other thing mod related (scripting, configs, etc.) though I will apply what i'm going to learn in college in the near future into this mod!

I have made some units and here's some screens of them!

th_2013-06-14_00010_zps1a40ccf4.png

th_2013-06-14_00004_zpsbaa7a1b0.png

th_2013-06-14_00003_zpsc0e5e756.png

th_2013-06-14_00001_zpsc41757c9.png

th_2013-06-13_00002_zpsa5578b78.png

th_2013-06-14_00006_zpsfd95b52d.png

th_2013-06-14_00008_zps93df9b0d.png

I plan to finish my units before moving on to my future plans for this mod.

UNITS

-Infantry

-Commando

-Guardsman

-SOTF

-Army Developmental Force

Future plans:

WEAPONS

-Sar 21 (Singapore Assault Rifle 21st centuary) (I plan to make different variants of it)

-Ultimax 100

-FN Mag

-FN P90

-FN Five seven

-M110 SASS

-AX50

VEHICLES

-Leopard 2SG

-Bionix II

-Terrex AV81

-Spyder LSV

(more to be added once im done with these)

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out with 3d modelling and scripting for now especially weapon makers!

Thanks for viewing:cool:

Edited by Xaysana
Thumbnail pics

Nice idea n mods :) im from Singapore and i hope i can lend a hand in your project(s)

What's your intent as far as attachments for the weapons, using the default BI attachments at first, or should we expect an upcoming suite of Singaporean Armed Forces-specific attachments as well?

In my humble opinion to the creator/modder, he should make the standard issued SAR21 (Singapore Assault Rifle0 21) first and the attachment can use the BIS default for the time being, SAR21 built in scope are the scope used on Steyr Aug. Last but not least, can you make the pixelated camo more saturated aka more deeper green? it will look perfect :)

Nice idea n mods :) im from Singapore and i hope i can lend a hand in your project(s)

Thanks! PM me with what you can help out with :cool:

What's your intent as far as attachments for the weapons, using the default BI attachments at first, or should we expect an upcoming suite of Singaporean Armed Forces-specific attachments as well?

Well since the Singapore Army doesn't really use much attachments as RBB has already specified that the SAR21 has a built in scope I guess i'll be using the default BI attachments first. However i'll be including the MARS sight and Eotech 552 as some soldiers do use it on their SAR21 MMS.

Last but not least, can you make the pixelated camo more saturated aka more deeper green? it will look perfect :)

I have already done that, more pics to come ;)

hi guys!! im frm Singapore too..i jus bought ARMA2 anniversary edition.am really new to FPS,really hope u guys can share ,guide,even let me play wit u all via multiplayer..cause I really need help badly..n totally lost..looking fwd to hear frm u guys.thx

hi guys!! im frm Singapore too..i jus bought ARMA2 anniversary edition.am really new to FPS,really hope u guys can share ,guide,even let me play wit u all via multiplayer..cause I really need help badly..n totally lost..looking fwd to hear frm u guys.thx

Hey Hi there HungryHunterz :) what's your steam username? do you have Skype and teamspeak? i got a small community playing ARMA 2 ACE deployment and we have deployment every weekend.

Here's our humble Facebook group page :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/388757984531979/

Weapons used by Singapore armed forces at the moment.

Sar 21

Variants- normal, built in scope *Steyr Aug scope 1.5x*

- Modular Carbine, with RIS, MARS RDS or Eotech 552 Holographic

-M203 Mounted *Only for normal variant with built in scope*

-Sharpshooter variant - comes with a 3x scope. *Its the same scope, just higher powered*

Ultimax 100 SAW Mk3 or Mk 3A

-100 round drum magazine, 20 round or 30 round STANAG mag

*note* The Mk4 was made for the USMC IAR selection, The USMC selected the HK M27 IAR instead of the U100MK4

Mk5 is a variant which has RIS built in to attach optics etc and has a fold-able butt stock.

Mk4 and Mk5 variants are not issued to Singaporean soldiers at the moment.

FN MAG L7A1 GPMG

FN P90

MP5, MP5K, MP5SD6

*All MP5's can be equipped with a RIS attachment to mount optics.MARS RDS or Eotech 552*

Sig-Sauer P226

FN Five-Seven

PGM Mini-Hecate .338 Lapua Magnum Sniper Rifle

L96A1 Sniper Rifle

L115A1 Sniper Rifle

Steyr SSG69 Sniper Rifle

M110 SASS

*Note. Singapore's variant of the M110 SASS is not equipped with a solid buttstock, but is equipped with a collapsible buttstock as seen on the M27 IAR.*

AX50 Anti-Material Rifle

Brügger & Thomet APR .308 Winchester Sniper Rifle

Hk PSG1 SASS

CIS 50MG HMG

MATADOR

Spike *Similar to the Javelin*

Carl Gustav 84mm Recoiless Rifle

Special Forces have the ability to use some weapons listed below. This is proven. Not a hoax

HK416 mounted with Elcan Spectre Dr Optics

FN Minimi SPW *Special Purpose Weapon* Mounted with Elcan Spectre Dr Optics

M4A1 w/M203 or Remington 870 Masterkey attachment. Mounted with Elcan Spectre Dr Optics.

M32 Grenade Launcher

I may or may not have missed out on some equipment. I hope this will verify any of your doubts.

My information is solid intel. Im in the service at the moment.

All the best with you mod.

Good luck

Edited by Blackwater13

Lovely to see Singapore players here! Our ARMA community is small enough as it is.

It's great to see another SAF mod for ARMA here too. I remember back then we had an official SAF mod for the original Operation Flashpoint, commissioned by the Army, if I'm not mistaken. It was terrible.

It's gonna be a tricky climb with the mod, OP, and please don't hesitate to ask others in the mod forums for help or even collaborate with! I'm already liking the textures on the uniform (a little bright, IMHO) and the default TAR 21 is, in reality, a modification of our own SAR 21.

Keep up the good work! :)

Hey there, good luck with the mod! I was a Guardsman myself. I look forward to this mod! The skin textures of the uniform look great as it is by the way, Keep up the good work!

What's the update on this mod? It's still going right? I have been looking for a SAF mod since arma 2 :D I can't tell you how happy I am that someone took up the mod. I tried retexturing units myself but I couldn't figure out how. Anyways, I'm really excited for this mod :D

Don't expect an update on this anytime soon, we haven't heard from him in a long while. He most likely got caught up in College. I am sure someone will pick up the idea though.

I really do hope so. :o

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

I would love if he could release the infantry addon though, the ones that he had worked on and shown here.

Is this still a thing?

It's a shame this is currently dead, btw any sg players here still playing?

Lovely to see Singapore players here! Our ARMA community is small enough as it is.

It's great to see another SAF mod for ARMA here too. I remember back then we had an official SAF mod for the original Operation Flashpoint, commissioned by the Army, if I'm not mistaken. It was terrible.

It's gonna be a tricky climb with the mod, OP, and please don't hesitate to ask others in the mod forums for help or even collaborate with! I'm already liking the textures on the uniform (a little bright, IMHO) and the default TAR 21 is, in reality, a modification of our own SAR 21.

Keep up the good work! :)

Hi there

I am one of the pioneer team who worked on the singapore operation flashpoint project. I know its pretty bad but its more due to the limitation of the mod engine and also time was pretty tight for a project that needs to finish within 6 months for a small team. After that the project was carry forward to the next team members. I did actually want to start a new project with the new engines but due to time constraints and also my other members are too busy with their schedule, I did not proceed. I do not mind working this for as a free time but im not an artist and animator so there is no way I can work on. If there are any local animators and textural artist who can help on it I would be glad to start one with them.

Hi I am currently working on a similarly project and would like to download the SAF mod. Does anyone have an information? Thank you