Sign in to follow this  
freemangl

Recoil improvement in beta?

http://www.arma3.com/news/report-in-lukas-haladik-sandox-design#.UbrdU9gexVV

Looking ahead, what will your team work on towards release of the Arma 3?

We really need to focus on the basis of Arma 3’s gameplay, which is infantry. I would like us to refine the controls and fluidity of the game play further. We also still need to revise the equipment, which can be improved in some aspects and needs more balancing. Also, we will be looking at the grenades and handling of weapons: there is a big recoil enhancement going on, and some more cool stuff about which we can hopefully tell more in the near future.

Will be this recoil enhancement implement in the incoming beta?

I guess not:(

Maybe not straight away buddy, but later on in the Beta...

Maybe not straight away buddy, but later on in the Beta...

I hope its being worked on.:rolleyes:

I hope it actually means improvement. :yay:

I sure hope so. Recoil in ArmA 3 Alpha looks, awkward, to say the least. :(

I am looking forward to the new recoil system. Although the current recoil isn't actually that bad i think there are many tweaks and adjustments that could be made. It will be really awesome if by "recoil enhancement" they also meant different recoil for the sub-stances as well as for bipods/resting... and that's why it hasn't been released yet.

For the moment it seems that 'recoil enhancement'=increase of recoil for all the weapons to balance the MX's donkey kick. I personally don't mind it, but I was hoping for something more complex.

Sadly he forgot that LMGs actually can be used in a rambo style....

Indeed. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a case of "Reality Is Unrealistic"? :lol:

Though someone else's reaction on a different message board was "Someone should tell him that the other vehicles are also suprisingly agile in real life."

Wait Wha...? You'll have to explain what rambo style is exactly.

I do dislike how the MX lmg seems to have extra recoil in prone compared to the MX assault rifle. Also dislike how the anti material rifles have less displacement from recoil than all the assault rifles (although the recoil is much sharper/quicker). Also hope that the sub-stances have different recoils as well. shooting from a sitting position just doesn't provide the same stability as shooting from a prone position yet the both have exactly the same recoil.

They need to fix the recoil and the crazy ass scope sway.
No! the sway is one of the biggest improvements over arma 2. Arguable one of the best for me. Although it definitely needs tweaking especially in relation to the different stances, I really don't want it to simply be nerfed.

No! the sway is one of the biggest improvements over arma 2. Arguable one of the best for me. Although it definitely needs tweaking especially in relation to the different stances, I really don't want it to simply be nerfed.

How is this an improvement? The sway is WAY off. Its like the player controlled soldier is drunk or something. Its really overdone.

Also I really really hope they tone down the recoil. Was fine in A2.

Agree +. It makes fighting over 300meters longer and more challenging. If you want no sway just lay down.

The recoil as it is now in Arma 2 is in my opinion better that it is in Arma 3.

Yeah the current recoil in A³ is inferior to what we have in A² right now. I hope they are still working on the recoil improvement

Agree +. It makes fighting over 300meters longer and more challenging. If you want no sway just lay down.

Well that´s the problem. The amount of sway when prone is to much.

And fights takes longer because you cant hit anything since the swaying is way to much on all positions. Yes there should be some sway when standing up. Crouch very little and none when laying down. Currently its very hard to hit anything with the amount of sway and the ridiculous recoil.

This makes infantry combat boring since 99% of the times you need to be crouch to see anything because of grass and the sway when crouched is simply to much.

Just found this post and I agree sway and recoil are too much. I have fired many types of rifles from different position and what is in game atm is no where near realistic. Feel like you drank a fifth of Jack Daniels and then try to fire at something. I am glad to see a fix is coming. I don't want sway/recoil nerfed out of existence but they way it is currently takes alot away from the game.

I liked to use the SAW in ARMA2 but in ARMA3 the "furture" version is worthless, kicks like a freakin mule. Yes I have fired a SAW and M60 in real life.

Right infantry combat is not that much fun.

For some reason it feels like the recoil was come up with by a non-experienced shooter... why does that sound familiar...

I also really hope that we will see recoil improvements. Arma 2 actiually has a good ammount of recoil for the weapons...