Sign in to follow this  
noblesteve

No video tutorial?

After trying too many times, it is simply impossible for me to make a basic map. All this text, I don't understand what it wants. I only got as far as the videos showed me. I cannot learn anything this complicated unless I see it in a video. Every single text tutorial is a different method in some small way.

So, I have everything set up, and everything in the right folders. I thought getting the heightmap into visitor was impossible, that is when I got to the texturing. Sat_LCO was easy. I have little idea on how mask_lco works. Something about rgb, and it says I can have 4 textures to start with when there is only an R, G B. That is 3 letters, how can I mask 4 separate textures with 3 different colors. Do I mask the water? What color is the backround? Then came some map_legend thing witch gives me a picture with different colors on it. What does that have to do with anything? Then you need some 4 default colors from a sample map called nohq and stuff. No idea what they are for. I do not even know what they stand for. Then right before I thought getting past all this unessessary stuff was over, I had to have rvmats and put pictures separating the mask and the sat image into 100 different little squares. WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING! Then you need a config folder and you have to put some color data in or something. Its a color, what should I possibly put in? I import sat and mask, then I launch bulldozer and what do you know, everything just crashes. Not like I hadn't expected that, I knew I was doing everything the wrong way all along.

Its been since February that I got these tools and now I forgot everything. I am still a beginner. We need a video tutorial. There would be so much more maps and creative ideas if there was a complete tutorial on the web. My buldozer and tools are set up the right way, but until someone releases a video, only the smartest people can create maps.

Edited by noblesteve
understandment

Sweet dude thanks, this made my experience with visitor 10 times easier.