Sign in to follow this  
adanteh

CommoRose

Hello there, seeing I'm a person that hates to use the action menu we currently have for most things (Actions popping up in a list. No way of muscle memory) and being a fan of command roses / radial menus like you have in Battlefield I was wondering if it's possible to make one myself. Seeing I have absolutely no understanding of making addons, I downloaded this addon and saw how it worked. I tried to see if I could get that to work how I wanted, but there is one main problem: You stop all movement with that type of dialog, which is a problem, seeing I would like to be able to use it on the go. Now I searched around a bit and saw that there are resources instead, that work as an overlay, but those can't have controls at all right? Is there any way around this?

Another question I have is pretty simple: How do I get images to work as a button?

I had the following layout in mind (This is with the gesture options. I would like to make different menus for different things, with the amount of options depending on the situation):VAYOBoJ.jpg

Now seeing things aren't square I wasn't able to just use a text background and RscShortcutButton was the only thing I could find where I could set different states to view as hover mode. However, I can't get those to work for the hell of it. RscPicture doesn't work at button. Is it just impossible to make non square buttons in Arma?

This is what it looks like, with the top left part being a RscShortButton

1gsS1OB.jpg

Another question. I made all the parts with photoshop, saved them as TGA (Made an alpha channel layer) and converted them to .PAA with TexView. When I open the .paa with TexView it looks fine, however in-game the center button appears grey (As seen on the image above)

TL;DR. How do I use images as button with different states?