Sign in to follow this  
froggyluv

AddItem still working?

All of my AddWeapon/AddMagazines commands work fine but for life of me cant get items added :confused:

This additem "Toolkit";

Player additem "ARP_Objects_passport_m";

None of them work for me. Ive also tried: This additemcargo ["FirstAidKit", 1] to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

i have that problem before..i dont know what is going on

Maybe ArmA3 have change it...i dont know

Yup, plenty of inventory space -even added a backpack, but can't add jack into it itemwise...

Weird. I can now get the FirstAidKit in (was wrongly using 'FirstAid" before) but not the toolkit nor more importantly, any of the awesome ARP objects. No mods and on Dev

this addbackpack "Bag_Base";this additem "toolkit"; this additem "firstaidkit";

The backpack is totally empty and Ive removed all items from the unit as well -maddening!

Weird. I can now get the FirstAidKit in (was wrongly using 'FirstAid" before) but not the toolkit nor more importantly, any of the awesome ARP objects. No mods and on Dev

this addbackpack "Bag_Base";this additem "toolkit"; this additem "firstaidkit";

The backpack is totally empty and Ive removed all items from the unit as well -maddening!

Make sure you have enough inventory space

Bag_base has 0 inventory space!

^^^ LOL! Well ok, but every other bag is more than half filled so I they cant fit Toolkit :p

Maybe you guys could tell me what soldier unit and backpack your using to successfully give the Toolkit :)

Edit: Honestly I don't even care about the toolkit -Im just trying to create an addaction to grab the ARP_Passport, something which shouldn't take up very much room at all. Maybe another command for these specialty items :confused: I am able to "grab" the passport with the attachto command but i'd like to have it placed in the players inventory.

Edited by froggyluv

ToolKit (unitBackpack this) addItemCargo ["ToolKit", 1];

Capitalise both T and K

Make sure that ARP_Objects_passport_m is really an item and not something else (like magazine) if this is your addon.

ToolKit (unitBackpack this) addItemCargo ["ToolKit", 1];

Capitalise both T and K

Gives me an error. I don't understand why you have ToolKit up front -isn't that considered a variable? Also didn't know capitalization mattered.

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

Make sure that ARP_Objects_passport_m is really an item and not something else (like magazine) if this is your addon.

Oi! 1000% correct my friend :o

So Im guessing the ToolKit just wasn't fitting size wise but all of the commands are working as they should. Thanks for everyones help!

Gives me an error. I don't understand why you have ToolKit up front -isn't that considered a variable? Also didn't know capitalization mattered.

The ToolKit at the front is not supposed to be there. I was just using it to show the capitalisation. I should have wrote it differently

player addItem "toolkit" and player additem "medikit" both work and will add them to backpack. However firstaidkit will not go into backpack willingly it goes into uniform. so to force it you need to use additemcargo