Sign in to follow this  
wizbomb

Mission Questions

Hello all, its been a while since my last appearance on these forums :D

I'm back with some questions pertaining to ArmA 3 with a mission I am making that's all focused on being a Littlebird pilot.

I am making this mission with the idea that you will never leave the helicopter and if it is destroyed, that is mission over. With that being said my questions are...

1. What can I do to tell my mission that if the helicopter becomes unable to fly (total engine failure, no way to fly at all) to end the mission as a failure, much like the helicopter showcase from BI. I have looked this one up and haven't found a working command for ArmA 3

2. Is there a command that makes a helicopter land in a specific spot? i've seen people do this and have AI helicopters land in a very tight spot in the same spot every time in their missions and I figured this must be some kind of command. I seem to think the guy used a marker and they landed on that spot every time, i cant quite remember.

and lastly

3. How do I use the new virtual and non virtual artillery modules in ArmA 3? is there a tutorial someone can link me to?

Thanks for any help in advance and I hope you have a good day.

For your first question, check out the canMove command. Using a trigger, put something like this in the condition field:

canMove heli1

From there, you could use the new BIS_fnc_endMission command to end the mission if the heli can no longer fly.

The second question is a bit different since there really is no particular way to have them land in an exact spot. Try putting down an invisible helipad (located under Empty > Objects (Signs)) and attach a transport unload waypoint there, and in the on act. field type this:

heli1 land "LAND"

This will essentially force the helicopter to land within 50m of the helipad. (the AI will try to land squarely on top but be careful if the landing zone is close to buildings or trees)

As for the artillery modules, I'm quite certain that the modules do not currently work (though I haven't personally tested them) but you can find them under modules > support.

Hope this helps out a bit. :-)

Thank you for the speedy response, I figured the artillery modules weren't working.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

For your first question, check out the canMove command. Using a trigger, put something like this in the condition field:
canMove heli1

From there, you could use the new BIS_fnc_endMission command to end the mission if the heli can no longer fly.

The second question is a bit different since there really is no particular way to have them land in an exact spot. Try putting down an invisible helipad (located under Empty > Objects (Signs)) and attach a transport unload waypoint there, and in the on act. field type this:

heli1 land "LAND"

This will essentially force the helicopter to land within 50m of the helipad. (the AI will try to land squarely on top but be careful if the landing zone is close to buildings or trees)

As for the artillery modules, I'm quite certain that the modules do not currently work (though I haven't personally tested them) but you can find them under modules > support.

Hope this helps out a bit. :-)

When I use "canMove Heli1" it auto fails the mission even when all is good, why is that??

----------------------EDIT-----------------------

I got it to work, all I did is put an exclamation point at the beginning of the command.

Hey guys, I have another question.

Im trying to set that when a specific group members enter a trigger, it succeeds the objective. ive tried grouping the learder and all but the mission just succeeds even when they aren't present in the trigger, what can I do to stop this?

You could try putting this in the condition field of the trigger:

soldier1 in thisList

That will check if the unit is in the triggers radius. Also, my apologies for not clarifying about the canMove command. Glad you figured it out though :-)

Thanks guys, all is working and flawless. Best community ever.