Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

using custom maps in-game

I need to use a custom map display for an add-on, which is pretty easy to set up. I can get it working, however it does not work like the editor map or the mission map at all. The biggest annoyance is that in order to zoom, you have to hold down the ctlr key and then use the scroll on the mouse. The second problem is that it never uses the map cursors, it is just stuck with the default GUI arrow. I use opendialog to load the map, i've tried the other resource commands and there was no difference. Is this something hard-coded? For example, open up team-switch ingame and see how the map behaves (although regular zoom seems to be working?). Is this something I missed or what?

//---Edit---

I got the mouse zoom working. Instead of loading it from the description.ext and using createdialog, I moved it to a config.cpp and used (finddisplay 46) createdialog "rsc_name";

Edited by Sakura_Chan

createdialog doesn't need display parameter. Wonder why it even works, should complain or throw error

sorry meant (finddisplay 46) createdisplay "rsc_name"; Well I know the lack of response is due to no one having an answer.

Sorry, can you re-explain what you are after? Just

createDialog "rsc_name"

should do the trick, no need to pass a display as the man said.