Sign in to follow this  
JohnBravo

Divers need NV Googles???

Hi

i have played my new mission {night time}

My mate and me doing divers swim in underwater in night time..also we got NV Googles..we took from ammo box..when we got killed ..respawn instant...we have lost our NV Goggles...we cant see at all

i just wonder i need respawn weapons for Divers to help get NV Goggles...this is most important..

Some players have played with me...they lost NV googles too....lol

i hope any idea..if i can fix it?

thanks

Put this in the "init" field of the divers:

this addItem "NVGoggles"; this assignItem "NVGoggles"; 

This should make you get NVG's every time you spawn/respawn.

This is the loadout I use for my Night Diver Team Lead.

I have one for my Medic, my LMGunner, and Sniper as well.

My Daytime Diver loadouts are the same, except I have their NVG's in their bags.

Come to think of it, I need to add and AT loadout to one of my guys.....

RemoveAllItems this;   
Removeallweapons this;  
this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";  this addweapon "arifle_MXC_Holo_point_snds_F"; 
this addmagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag"; 
this addweapon "hgun_P07_snds_F";   
this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";  this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";  this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";  this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";  this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";   this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";  this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";  this addmagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag";  
this addmagazine "handgrenade";  
this additem "nvgoggles";  
this assignitem "nvgoggles";  
this addweapon "Rangefinder";  
(unitBackpack this) additemCargo ["FirstAidKit",3];
(unitBackpack this) addmagazineCargo ["DemoCharge_Remote_Mag",3]; 
(unitBackpack this) addmagazineCargo ["SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag",1];
(unitBackpack this) addmagazineCargo
["ClaymoreDirectionalMine_Remote_Mag",1];
(unitBackpack this) addweaponCargo
["MineDetector",1];
["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer",6];

I thought the init line doesn't get run when you respawn? At least at some point, respawn meant that you were "replaced" with a new generic unit of your unit type, which has the normal loadout. Was this changed or have I gotten something wrong?

If it goes like I think, JohnBravo could create a file called onPlayerRespawn.sqf in the mission folder, and add what you said to it, though with _unit = _this select 0;

_unit = _this select 0;
_unit addItem "NVGoggles";
_unit assignItem "NVGoggles"; 

RTEK: Do you know that you can use addMagazines to add more than one magazine at a time? So after adding the weapon you could just use this addMagazines ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer", 6];. Also I wouldn't want to swim with all that. o_O Though one time a script error created ~15 satchels in our diver's inventory, but that didn't seem to bother them until they got on shore. When they did they seemed to get an instant heart attack.

lol

i did try that

RemoveAllItems this;

Removeallweapons this;

this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"; this addweapon "arifle_MXC_Holo_point_snds_F";

this addweapon "hgun_P07_snds_F";

this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"; this addmagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag";

this additem "nvgoggles";

this assignitem "nvgoggles";

this addweapon "Rangefinder";

(unitBackpack this) additemCargo ["FirstAidKit",3];

(unitBackpack this) addmagazineCargo ["DemoCharge_Remote_Mag",3];

(unitBackpack this) addmagazineCargo ["SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag",1];

["ClaymoreDirectionalMine_Remote_Mag",1];

(unitBackpack this) addweaponCargo

["MineDetector",1];

["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer",6];

when i die then respawn..i dont get all things at all...it give me defaut weapon that it..

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

ok magirot

i try your way...see what happen

I use VAS in my mission and respawns set to base which is usually my initial beginning point of a mission. So when I die and spawn I can just load my loadout at the supply crate I have at my respawn point.

I sort of knew of the condensed script for mags, but forgot to use it. All this stuff is making me scatter brained. Learning so much so fast. I'll definitely go back and consolidate my loadouts asap. Thanks for the tip.

when i got killed then respawn..i dont have NV googles at all...it say NO Entry 'Config.bin/cfg weapons.G_diving' message in this game

My mate have same problem with that message

it dont work :(

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

I thought the init line doesn't get run when you respawn? At least at some point, respawn meant that you were "replaced" with a new generic unit of your unit type, which has the normal loadout. Was this changed or have I gotten something wrong?

If it goes like I think, JohnBravo could create a file called onPlayerRespawn.sqf in the mission folder, and add what you said to it, though with _unit = _this select 0;

_unit = _this select 0;

_unit addItem "NVGoggles";
_unit assignItem "NVGoggles"; 

RTEK: Do you know that you can use addMagazines to add more than one magazine at a time? So after adding the weapon you could just use this addMagazines ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer", 6];. Also I wouldn't want to swim with all that. o_O Though one time a script error created ~15 satchels in our diver's inventory, but that didn't seem to bother them until they got on shore. When they did they seemed to get an instant heart attack.

i am confused with this one

What i put init field..i try execXM or SetVariable..both no good...so i am very confused now...lol

It's probably like I assumed, unit init doesn't get run after you respawn, because it's a new unit that you take control of, not the one you start with. Also, divers seem to have extra problems and bugs regarding loadout scripts, we get those weird errors all the time. I have no idea what causes it.

Save this file (right click -> save as) into your mission folder (in your User folder -> Arma 3 Alpha\missions\mission name, you probably know since you have respawn enabled)

http://magirot.kapsi.fi/m/onPlayerRespawn.sqf

I use VAS in my mission and respawns set to base which is usually my initial beginning point of a mission. So when I die and spawn I can just load my loadout at the supply crate I have at my respawn point.

I sort of knew of the condensed script for mags, but forgot to use it. All this stuff is making me scatter brained. Learning so much so fast. I'll definitely go back and consolidate my loadouts asap. Thanks for the tip.

i like VAS..it look brilliant..one thing when i click save gear..i thought when i die and respawn i thought i could have all gear with me..but it not..so i have went to VAS again and use load gear then it work...really i thought when respawn we could have gear already to use it??...

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

It's probably like I assumed, unit init doesn't get run after you respawn, because it's a new unit that you take control of, not the one you start with. Also, divers seem to have extra problems and bugs regarding loadout scripts, we get those weird errors all the time. I have no idea what causes it.

Save this file (right click -> save as) into your mission folder (in your User folder -> Arma 3 Alpha\missions\mission name, you probably know since you have respawn enabled)

http://magirot.kapsi.fi/m/onPlayerRespawn.sqf

i got that already what i put init field??

i got that already what i put init field??

You don't need to put anything to get the post-respawn NVG, but if you want the goggles from the beginning, you can add what Byrgesen originally said.

With both this and onPlayerRespawn.sqf, you get night vision goggles both at the start and after you respawn.

You don't need to put anything to get the post-respawn NVG, but if you want the goggles from the beginning, you can add what Byrgesen originally said.

With both this and onPlayerRespawn.sqf, you get night vision goggles both at the start and after you respawn.

i have try this Byrgesen...it dont work

it work for beginning BUT we go for swim then walk to land..enemy fire at us..then we killed ..so we wait for respawn then we dont have any NV googles..we cant see anything...lol

this is nightmare for players....lol

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

it say NO Entry 'Config.bin/cfg weapons.G_diving' message in this game

Maybe that problem??

Yes, and after you've also added the onPlayerRespawn.sqf (a script that automatically gets run when a player respawns) to your mission folder, you get the goggles when you respawn, since the onPlayerRespawn.sqf I linked has the lines that add them again.

The error message shouldn't be an issue here, since it's talking about the diving goggles, which go to the glasses slot instead of the NVG slot. I don't know what causes it, but divers get to seem such a lot.

Yes, and after you've also added the onPlayerRespawn.sqf (a script that automatically gets run when a player respawns) to your mission folder, you get the goggles when you respawn, since the onPlayerRespawn.sqf I linked has the lines that add them again.

The error message shouldn't be an issue here, since it's talking about the diving goggles, which go to the glasses slot instead of the NVG slot. I don't know what causes it, but divers get to seem such a lot.

I put onPlayerRespawn.sqf in mission folder...then i played myself to test it...and IT WORK....thanks

:)