Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Operation Close Encounters (A2OA/ACE/Panthera/Alienz 1.1) - Thursday June 13, 2013

Operation Close Encounters

Game&Mods needed:

- game A2OA

- ACEmod (extra units are not needed)

- Island Panthera 2.9+

- Alienz mod 1.1 (released today)

When?

Thursday June 13, 2013 at 2000Z/UK time (2100 CET)

What is this Op?

Players (Humans/US-BLUFOR) will play against AI Aliens/Zetaborn... various MP missions in a joint multiplayer coop event. Aliens are there just to make missions harder for humans ;)

How to join?

Send mail to ice at icebreakr dot info with subject named "ALIENZ-EVENT" (dont write anything else, its automated!). You will get teamspeak and server passwords shortly before the event. Meetup starts at 21:00 central european time, mission starts at 21:30. Teamspeak3 client is not required but for the sake of teamplay, please join.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Applied for the event:

1. IceBreakr

2. SLOriflex

3. Sahbazz

4. Denis

5. G2

6. SmukY

Edited by IceBreakr

Funny. No interest from the community ;) ehh well I guess we'll play a coop then ;)

Edit: Event is now COOP and closed for international members. If you have a team ready to play, please let us know.

Edited by IceBreakr

Nice idea IceBreakr, unfortunately as you have put ACE as a requirement myself and my squad will not be playing as we don't use ACE. Hope you manage to get a few community players interested :)

Edited by R0adki11

I am really interested in playing this as well but I am pst time. Will the server still be up for PST people or too far away for ping? I don't get back from work until 2100PST

Too bad you guys couldn't join us in this event, its been a blast :)

closeencounters.jpg

Wow that looks so cool, I like the idea of combining a military sim with Science Fiction.

Too bad you guys couldn't join us in this event, its been a blast :)

If you could host an event without ACE, and give abit more notice im sure more community members would be interested. :)

If you could host an event without ACE, and give abit more notice im sure more community members would be interested. :)

I'm definitely up for that.

Although ACE and ACRE undoubtedly enhance gameplay, the size and complexity of these addons raise the entry ticket for many of us

I think its cool that its on ACE but then again I just upgraded my system for A3 so my system is rocking!

Bah I was out of town last week.. if you decide to do this again I can scrounge up 8-10 players... ACE preferred but OK without

Beta A3 is coming next week, so that should be interesting. I'm at the seaside (real-life Everon, hehe) this week on R&R/some business, so we'll see what next week brings.

Well, I need some answers first - to use ACE or not for example?

Well, I need some answers first - to use ACE or not for example?

Definitely with ACE. Not sure why some are against it. I don't believe I've ever even played Arma 2 without it.

I would vote ACE but I can live without as well.

Definitely with ACE. Not sure why some are against it. I don't believe I've ever even played Arma 2 without it.

That'd be because:

a) it's a very large download

b) it significantly changes many aspects of the game

c) its kinda hardcore, i.e. if you don't regularly play it renders the game less approachable

Don't get me wrong, I think that it's great but it'll reduce the accessibility (rather like manual gearboxes vs automatics)

And I'm interested in getting as many people involved, not just an elite.

I guess you could call it a lower denominator approach ;)

Mach2Infinity: lets wait until proper tools get out. BadBenson mentioned that he will release something for A3, so lets just wait...

I saw a bump and thought it was sign up for the weekends! Drat!!! :D

Waiting for your mod to A3 but a new mission or two for A2/CO would be nice to wait for proper porting tools to become available!