Sign in to follow this  
Deathhood98

Direct chat not working correctly

I bought Arma 3 alpha on steam awhile back and after playing on several servers i noticed my direct chat was not working correctly, after testing with a few other people i have confirmed that other people can see my text when i type in direct but i can not see theirs. I have managed to live with it for awhile but not it is becoming a hassle. I have redownloaded arma 3 alpha a few times now and even deleted all data of the game in the files and than tried to reinstall it than and it didnt fix it. Idk if i posted this is in the correct place but it would be nice if you can help thanks.

I am still waiting for a response please if anyone can help me that would be great!

I had this trouble, but cant remember exactly how i fixed it?

I have a Usb headset, and in the sound settings its all working (teamspeak/ingame sounds etc),so i never looked no further at the time.

I think that even though its all working,i think in my sound settings? that the separate mic setting was muted?

hmm weird today just started encountering this ALL chat doesn't show up cant tell if i'm logged in as admin cant see my chat text, I can transmit ingame voice but my chat is messed up as I said can't see what I type in chat.

hmm weird today just started encountering this ALL chat doesn't show up cant tell if i'm logged in as admin cant see my chat text, I can transmit ingame voice but my chat is messed up as I said can't see what I type in chat.

We noticed this last night on our server, playing Insurgency, after about an hr,someone said fook me look at all the pubbers on!

Then realised that we had seen no text chat all evening lol?

It isnt like that it doesnt happen randomly it is constant 100% of the time no matter what

Does it happen with other missions? Maybe the insurgency mission turns off those channels? It changes a lot of other things.

Forgot about this -- go to options , 'game options' then disable 'Stream Friendly UI'

I got the same problem...

Completely reinstalled, deleted steam's folder as well, but nothing.

Have tried multiple servers, and still the same problem. Everyone can see what I write and hear me, but I cant see the side chat...

It occurred in alpha, so i thought I will wait till the full release will come.

And now still I have that problem.

Help please?!

I managed to fix my direct chat by plugging in a mic. No mic, DC not working. With mic, DC works.

I can now see and hear other people's direct chat.

No problem, just spread the word whenever you find someone with a broken direct chat.

I am having the exact same problem. In fact I have had this problem since Alpha Stage.

I can type messages in any of the chat groups (Group, Side, Global, Vehicle etc.) but I cannot see ANY text that is typed by others or myself.

I am unable to see the player name when someone talks via voice in game either.

This is making things very difficult in multiplayer.

I use the logitech G35 Headset.

Windows 7 pro.

16gb ram

AMD FX-9370 Liquid Cooling

Samsung 840 ssd

1TB Western Digital Black

Evga Nvidia 580 GTX SC

Help Please!!

You loose the chat when you use Esc Key... new bug or a new setting

Edited by Mariodu62

You loose the chat when you use Esc Key... new bug or a new setting

Yep, same problem here.

Same here :

I logged as admin showing correct logging, activated FPS monitoring but after some time ... perhaps pressing ESC, have to test again if that's the cause ... I have no chat anymore and monitoring disappears.

You unlog, relog, the chat disappear after some time ...

Is there going to be a fix released for this issue? It is killing my multiplayer experience completely. I have NO clue who is talking on mic and cannot see anything typed in chat (What Others Type and What I Type!!!).

Help us please BIS!!

Can someone explain to me how I check to see if this is bug is on their bug tracking site?

Thanks!

same here ... play in a critical situation press wrong esc and not F1 and no more chat ^^