Sign in to follow this  
ynefel

Frame rate issues with TOH Rearmed

Hi guys,

Having some issues with TOH Rearmed, most notably Chernarus.

Getting some pretty horrendously low frame rates on this map, but not on any others. With default settings, I'm pulling around 15fps, which is all kinds of wrong. Maxing the settings yields about 3fps.

I've played Arma 2 extensively, and have no issues maxing that out, and Arma 3 can be maxed on my system and still achieve around 30-45fps.

I'm using:

i7-3930k (6 core @ 3.8Ghz)

Asus Rampage IV Extreme Mobo

16GB DDR3-1866 RAM in Quad Channel

Nvidia GTX Titan 6GB in 2-way SLI

Hardware's definitely up to the task, I'm guessing it's some sort of compatibility/driver issue. I've also tried switching SLI off, and that made it even worse.

Out of interest, I ran it on my laptop, which is way lower specced than my desktop, (i7-2630QM@2.00Ghz/8GB RAM/1.5GB Nvidia GTX460M) and it ran perfectly on default settings. Also, my friend has the exact same issue with Chernarus and SLI Titans (but using older hardware - i7-930/X58 Classified/6GB RAM/Titan 6GB 2-way SLI) he's also tried turning off SLI, but to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas? So frustrating, I just want to belt around Chernarus, but can't because it runs so badly. Maybe TOH just hates the Titans? I don't know.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ynefel

I have an AMD card and it was the same with me. I think Chernarus + Take On's view distance = slideshow.

I have an AMD card and it was the same with me. I think Chernarus + Take On's view distance = slideshow.

I kept thinking along those lines, except my lappy on default settings ran it just fine on 1920x1080, the same resolution as desktop. The lappy, which is vastly underspecced compared to my desktop, managed 50+ fps. But my Desktop on default settings struggles to break 15-20fps. Something's not right.

Edited by ynefel

Simple - your laptops videocard is not capable of doing something your Titan is capable of doing, so it is not bogged down by this feature which is obviously enabled on the Titan.

There is also some rocks on Chenarus in the North East corner next to a lake that slow the whole system down for some reason. They have always done that since day 1 of ArmA II.

-X

I have a rather decent frame rate.

My question is: In the Video Settings there is a graphic of a gray square inside a gray circle. It says, 'Calibration images should overlap.' Currently my TOH video display looks quite acceptable for my modest hardware, but I am wondering about this 'overlap' business. Right now these two shapes are most definitely NOT overlapping. Could someone explain? I have searched all forums, and this forum, for the keyword 'calibration' and have found nothing.