Sign in to follow this  
Igitur

Fast Transitions Mod

A misunderstanding then, I was always referring to the movement you were forced into after the transition. It's a massive nuisance for me, as I like to lower my weapon when I know I'm not going to be in combat for a period, you really notice the sticky movement the more you use it for this purpose.

Maybe it is a BIS job after all.

Thanks anyway!

Hi,i think the problem with toggle exists if i understood correct.

It says that i have to map single tap in Ctrl and not x2 as it is default...Is this the toggle bug that u fixed in the last update? If yes it shows it again.

Edit: Im stupid,i just read ur 1st post,srry.Actually the raise toggle key is the Ctrl? im confused

Edited by Dj

Nicely done !! I can see this becoming one of the must have mods like ace/acre

Hi,i think the problem with toggle exists if i understood correct.

It says that i have to map single tap in Ctrl and not x2 as it is default...Is this the toggle bug that u fixed in the last update? If yes it shows it again.

Edit: Im stupid,i just read ur 1st post,srry.Actually the raise toggle key is the Ctrl? im confused

Hello Dj, welcome on board !

That warning message displays when the mod detects a doubltap key is assigned to the 'Toggle Raise Weapon' action. You must use a singletap key, whatever it is.

If you use the LeftCtrl, dont forget to assign the 'Adjust' action to another key.

I for one have 'Tog Raise Weapon' on my LeftCtrl, and 'Adjust' on my mouse button #5.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Well my mistake was that i didnt read what u have wrote in 1st post..I just downloaded so many cool mods and i got confused..

Anyway sry and thanks for ur mod and all mods that community makes,it changes the gameplay drastically,im new as u can understand and im really impressed!

Good work from all of u!

Update 13.07.21.

- Undefined variables error fixed;

- Compatibility issue with my Walk As Default mod fixed;

- Immediate directional responsiveness when lowering or raising the weapon in all speed modes when standing up and in most cases otherwise.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated with latest version!

Update 07.23.13/2

- Variables desynchronization issue on respawn fixed.

- A few more improvements in controls reactivity. Gameplay should be totally fluid now.

Edited by Igitur

Very cool mod, how such a detail has such a big impact on gameplay.

Outstanding!

I'm impressed you were able to remove the random delay after the transition, nice job. It does feel a lot more fluid (a lot more like how it should be in vanilla).

One thing that you notice more now though is that your character will often sprint for a short while following a transition. This would happen in vanilla but it wasn't nearly as frequent with these shortcuts in there. Any ideas why that's happening?

I'm impressed you were able to remove the random delay after the transition, nice job. It does feel a lot more fluid (a lot more like how it should be in vanilla).

One thing that you notice more now though is that your character will often sprint for a short while following a transition. This would happen in vanilla but it wasn't nearly as frequent with these shortcuts in there. Any ideas why that's happening?

Thanks for the feedback,

I cant seem to replicate though. Could you specify :

1. Steps to reproduce ?

2. Are you using any other mods ? If so, would you mind testing without them ?

3. Does it happen in SP or MP ? The mod doesn't always behave as intended in MP, especially after respawn. I plan to update after a stable official release.

Update 08.17.13

- CBA pre-init EH used instead of post-init makes the mod much more stable in multiplayer.

Update 08.27.13

- The mod will now work on Team Switch.

- Note for multiplayer : the mod seems to work flawlessly on 'Base' and 'Side' Respawn types, but for some unknown reason wont work with the 'Group' type.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I think he's allowed a bit of irony. The implementation seems identical, right down to the player continuing to take a couple of steps after raising/lowering. If it makes you feel better Igitur, I had the same happen to me with TPW LOS (AI now natively stop and turn and fire on near enemies they have line of sight to, thus deprecating my mod which allowed that behaviour months earlier). I'd be happy if BIS implemented all my mods at engine level, but I'd be happier still if they acknowledged me first. I remember reading somewhere that devs do occasionally take inspiration from mods.

Irony? -v

A discreet sarcasm maybe. Nothing serious of course.

The implementation seems identical, right down to the player continuing to take a couple of steps after raising/lowering.

Hey tpw,

May I suggest you download the very last version of the mod. Those issues have been fixed for a long time now. Too bad they didn't implement the whole mod properly, by the way.

Is it possible to get the source on this? I'd love to add this to a modpack for a server.

Doesn't seem to work for me. I have raise/lower weapon on middle mouse, and if I mash it a few times I get the same "oh man oh man I gotta run up before lowering my weapon" bug.

Pros: It works as an autorun, useful for making food while you're waiting for your dude to stop.

Cons: A couple seconds of middle-mouse mashing lead to forty solid seconds of running, unable to stop.

(using side respawn btw)