Sign in to follow this  
Igitur

Fast Transitions Mod

This mod erases all the stops and glitches you experience when lowering your weapon while moving. All directions, stances and speed modes are processed, as well as handguns.

Bind your 'Toggle Raise Weapon' to a singletap key or a mouse button (in custom controls as User Action #20 only).

CBA is requiered.

Download :  https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf1vb8vkl8krrp2/%40Igit_FT.zip?dl=0

Extract the Zip file in your main Arma 3 directory and add : -mod=@Igit_FT in the Steam launch parameters

Updates :

- The mod will now work on Team Switch.

- Note for multiplayer : the mod seems to work flawlessly on 'Base' and 'Side' Respawn types, but for some unknown reason wont work with the 'Group' type.

- CBA pre-init EH used instead of post-init makes the mod much more stable in multiplayer.

07.23.13/2.

- Variables desynchronization issue on respawn fixed.

- A few more improvements in controls reactivity. Gameplay should be totally fluid now.

- Undefined variables error fixed;

- Compatibility issue with my Walk As Default mod fixed;

- Immediate directional responsiveness when lowering or raising the weapon in all speed modes when standing up and in most cases otherwise.

- Fixed the bugged TactToggle.

- Fixed the random control delay after the weapon lowering in Walk mode. Residual known flaws : see below post #21.

- Mouse binding is now possible in custom controls as User action #20.

06.28.13 - Version : 062813. Optimized and signed.

Great stuff, the little "stops" in the animation has got me killed quite a few times. Thanks for this!

does this stop the whole "i have to stop to switch my weapon" eg. Rifle to handgun and back? if not is it possible you could look into that? :)

does this stop the whole "i have to stop to switch my weapon" eg. Rifle to handgun and back? if not is it possible you could look into that?

Now that would be handy!

Sorry guys, there is no anim available for that.

Firstly I would like to say thank you Igitur.:D

Is it possible to fix the crouched animation stops when raising and lowering the weapon and is it possible to fix the animation stops when raising and lowering the weapon while sprinting?Also it works when I use say SHIFT key but I still get the animation stop when I use my normal lower weapon key...Rmouse.I see that you posted you need a single tap key so I ask can the single click Rmouse be used?

Firstly I would like to say thank you Igitur.:D

Is it possible to fix the crouched animation stops when raising and lowering the weapon and is it possible to fix the animation stops when raising and lowering the weapon while sprinting?Also it works when I use say SHIFT key but I still get the animation stop when I use my normal lower weapon key...Rmouse.I see that you posted you need a single tap key so I ask can the single click Rmouse be used?

You're welcome :)

There should be no stop in the crouch or sprint anims at all, but I'll check it out nonetheless.

As for the mouse.. Yeah I first implemented a mouse detection since I was using a mouse button myself. The problem is that there is no way to disable initial mouse input, contrary to keyboard. It looks like a bug, or at least an unprocessed issue. So you would have the original input interfering with the mod. Total mess. Sorry.

Edit :

I just checked the thing. Works properly.

Edited by Igitur

Version : 062813. Optimized and signed.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

No disrespect, but if a modder can do this without access to engine code how come BIS hasn't resolved this?

Great job though, this is one of the biggest frustrations I have with A3's current movement system. It's a shame you can't fix the 3 seconds of random walking you're forced to do after the transition, but I guess that's something you'd have to tackle at engine level.

A great improvement nonetheless. I was trying to avoid getting CBA at least until retail but looks like I need it now.

BIS?

I am using a configuration based on ArmA 2 keys and there is the following situation: I hold left shift (combat pace) then strafe left, D. Instead of strafing with weapon at the ready at once, the character lower the rifle for a second then rise it again, then strafe in corect position. Is it a bug, or anything to do about this? It just disrupts the fludity of character control...

I am using a configuration based on ArmA 2 keys and there is the following situation: I hold left shift (combat pace) then strafe left, D. Instead of strafing with weapon at the ready at once, the character lower the rifle for a second then rise it again, then strafe in corect position. Is it a bug, or anything to do about this? It just disrupts the fludity of character control...

Sorry to hear that. I have reproduced your settings (very cool btw) and everything works fine. Please make sure to use a singletap key and not to bind the key to multiple actions.

It's a shame you can't fix the 3 seconds of random walking you're forced to do after the transition.

I've found a way to get round that issue. Will update soon but I'd like to be sure about afp's trouble first. Should someone be kind enough to test his settings and report, that would be great.

I tried to remove everything else on "shift" and "a", "d" but still the same. Shift is bound to "combat pace". If I toggle combat pace, it doesn't occur. Also, the problem occur when first moving from standing position. So, to reproduce:

1. stand still with weapon ready (up)

2. hold shift (combat pace)

3. strafe left or right

Great work Igitur !

I tried to remove everything else on "shift" and "a", "d" but still the same. Shift is bound to "combat pace". If I toggle combat pace, it doesn't occur. Also, the problem occur when first moving from standing position. So, to reproduce:

1. stand still with weapon ready (up)

2. hold shift (combat pace)

3. strafe left or right

Ok, I see now. But that's not related to the mod since you can reproduce in vanilla (checked). I would say that it's not even an issue : combat pace temp is precisely meant to switch temporary from run to combat-ready pace. So your key becomes effective only when a run anim is detected (in your case, the run-left anim, wich tends to point the weapon towards the ground).

Edit : could be changed easily if you feel that's really necessary.

Edited by Igitur

I've found a way to get round that issue. Will update soon but I'd like to be sure about afp's trouble first. Should someone be kind enough to test his settings and report, that would be great.

Can't wait to try it out. Using this mod already makes moving around as a soldier feel a lot more fluid, removing this random delay would make it near perfect. The only other thing is your changes don't seem to affect pressing the fire key to raise the weapon out of a lowered weapon state, is this something you could address too?

Ok, I see now. But that's not related to the mod since you can reproduce in vanilla (checked). I would say that it's not even an issue : combat pace temp is precisely meant to switch temporary from run to combat-ready pace. So your key becomes effective only when a run anim is detected (in your case, the run-left anim, wich tends to point the weapon towards the ground).

Edit : could be changed easily if you feel that's really necessary.

I rather make a ticket about it, its really a animation flow break.... also nice if you can include it in your mod, untill they fix it.

Can't wait to try it out. Using this mod already makes moving around as a soldier feel a lot more fluid, removing this random delay would make it near perfect. The only other thing is your changes don't seem to affect pressing the fire key to raise the weapon out of a lowered weapon state, is this something you could address too?

Thanks for your interest.

Yes, that random delay is now fixed for the directional keys but remains noticable when you try and start running immediately after the weapon lowering (you have a weird "slow-run" anim for 2secs). Damn engine.

I'm currently trying to minimize the effect and stop it with a mere direction change while you're still walking, so the probability of occurrence would tend to a minimum. You should then take it as an acceptable flaw.

I rather make a ticket about it, its really a animation flow break.... also nice if you can include it in your mod, untill they fix it.

Ok, I'll add it to the mod, should it look nice and perform well. ---EDIT : first attempts show this addition brings its lot of issues and does not perform very well. I'll therefore keep it apart from the main mod and look into it later.

Besides, I've learnt about User keys by reading the switching weapon thread. It looks like these can be bound to mouse buttons and bypass the intrusive mouse actions. Will have to investigate that :).

So there is still work to do and I'll update later than I thought, probably this weekend.

Edited by Igitur

Version : 070613.

1. The randow delay after the weapon lowering in walk mode is fixed : you can now use the directional keys normally and run (toggle), crouch, go prone or tactical (toggle) at once.

Unfortunately, there is a residual side effect when the following conditions are met together :

- weapon is lowered while walking forward;

- run toggle key is hit before at least one animation has completed its full cycle (~3 seconds);

So you have several easy ways to avoid the annoyance :

- lower your weapon while walking front left or front right instead of right ahead of you,

- dont do anything and just walk more than 3 secs in the same direction,

- stop,

- crouch or go prone.

2. You can now bind your Toggle Raise Weapon to a mouse button by using the custom controls.

- unbind the button in the usual user's menu if you already have this action on your mouse;

- go to the custom controls menu;

- click on "User Action #20";

- click the mouse btn you want to bind to TogRaiseWeapon.

- done.

Comments on this version could help to spot major bugs if any and are obviously welcome.

Enjoy ! :)

Edited by Igitur

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
mirror updated with fixed version

Version 070613/2.

There was a huge bug with the Tactical Toggle in the previous update. Stupid me. This one is working.

Sorry Foxhound for the inconvenience. I've just registered on Armaholic btw.

Thought I'd report on this:

Not sure if Armaholic is still hosting the older version but I still seem to get the random sticky delay following the Toggle(Raise/Lower)Weapon action.

Steps to reproduce:

- Run forward and lower your gun

- Wait for the lowering animation to finish

- Try to change movement direction (not facing direction with the mouse)

- Observe that you can't for at least 2 seconds after the transition

You can also get stuck running if you use iron sights while in a lowered weapon state, this might not be your problem but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for keeping this mod updated though.

Hey,

Thanks for reporting. However :

Steps to reproduce:

- Run forward and lower your gun

- Wait for the lowering animation to finish

- Try to change movement direction (not facing direction with the mouse)

- Observe that you can't for at least 2 seconds after the transition

The fix was not related to any of the run anims (I've edited the update post to clarify). There is nothing more to do about these and I dont find they are really a nuisance.

The aim of this update was to fix the random delay after the weapon lowering in walking mode wich, as you mentionned, was very annoying :

It's a shame you can't fix the 3 seconds of random walking you're forced to do after the transition.

Objective complete. I dont think I'll update more.

Note : this mod has been fully integrated in my WAD addon in order to prevent compatibility issues. Do NOT add it to your Steam launch parameters if you're using the WAD mod.