Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

Endless Survival

Hey guys, just wanted to make a quick update to address these issues:

-Flags sometimes would bug out and and be un-capturable.

-AI assault system sucked : Added a new one. Players will now see "Assault" squads marked on the map

-Added Blufor/Opfor helicopters that better interact with each other

-Made vehicles NOT spawn by default - as they cause lag that which outweighs the benefits (Can still be turned on)

-Patched up the ammo system further

-Added black market camps (Alphaish versions)

-Other small bug fixes.

This is still technically version 0.50...so the download link will be the same. Here's a linky anyways!

Survival 0.50 Hotfix

And as always, I appreciate the support and feedback! You guys are awesome :D

Howdy ho neighbors! Good news for all players who are just few dollars short of a shiny new gun or vehicle, with no way for your team mates to help out. The Money Transfer! A little overdue, but fashionably late, we feel that this addition has a big enough impact to warrant a version change. Here's the Feature List for V0.51. It is small, but it has spunk:

Version 0.51:

Feature List:

- Money Transfer - It’s here at last! After a solid night’s run of work, the ability to Transfer funds between each other is here! This will add much needed freedom and room to breathe to the current Economy system, enabling players to help one another out, strike deals, trade, and anything else within your imagination.

- ES AI System - ES uses a custom AI system, which has been crafted from the ground up by Dominic. ES AI has recently been revamped, while this change was actually pushed out as a revision to V0.50, it is getting documented here. Also, being the perfectionist he is, this System will always be seeing optimizations and changes.

And for bug fixes:

- Buy Equipment script had no check of the player's current available space. Fixed, and now notifies players if they don't have enough room to buy the current item.

- UAV Recon Button in the Settings Dialog was non-functional. Now working, and action removed from actionmenu.

Dominic has made a short video that servers as a generalized recap/introduction to ES, as well as covering some of our future plans, and what has been changed: Here

*Skip ahead roughly 10 minutes to get into the actual gameplay.

Version 0.51 Download: Here

What version of INS Revive do you use now?

I use the latest version - although it has been modified in many areas to better suite the mission.

Edit: Did you need help/have a question with about it?

Edited by Genesis92x

Was just wondering, I think some of the older versions had a wierd multiplayer lag bug that popped up, think its fixed now....

This is amazing, lol my pc cant play for more then 30 minutes before becoming annoyingly laggy, not enough to be bad, just annoying.

What kind of garbage collection do you use on units and such?

Was just wondering, I think some of the older versions had a wierd multiplayer lag bug that popped up, think its fixed now....

This is amazing, lol my pc cant play for more then 30 minutes before becoming annoyingly laggy, not enough to be bad, just annoying.

What kind of garbage collection do you use on units and such?

I use CLY Dead remove script as well as my own remove scripts. There's still more room for much optimization - but the optimization currently isn't bad. Any script that gets ran repeatedly is pre-compiled and any loops local to AI squads close upon their death and etc.

The worse drain on people - and the hardest to really optimize - is the AI. AI will always destroy people when in too high of numbers. In the parameters, try turning down the AI and turning off the AI helicopters. You should see a drastic increase in FPS. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do when it comes to FPS drain from AI besides allowing the players to reduce the # of them.

Also, if you're the "server" you are also running triple the scripts at a time than just a client. So that can slow down a machine as well.

Hmm, that leads me to think if there's anything that can be done. I've noticed in some of my testing I'll see missions bog down, yet I never see my CPU go above 45-50% for the Arma process. There must be some way to allow for more CPU processing and threads, especially with most folks having multicore CPU's these days.

Hmm, that leads me to think if there's anything that can be done. I've noticed in some of my testing I'll see missions bog down, yet I never see my CPU go above 45-50% for the Arma process. There must be some way to allow for more CPU processing and threads, especially with most folks having multicore CPU's these days.

As far as I know, using the spawn command will utilize another thread but CPU usage is up to the developers...the players can use a couple launch commands that may help such as these:

-exThreads=7
-cpuCount=4

But it's not a guarantee.

Hello! As you probably know, I love this mission and appreciate all the hard work you and others have put into it.

I just have a few non-pressing questions:

Is there a way to force everyone to join the same side in the mission parameters? (Make it coop only, I mean.)

Is the mark-up at vendors still random? (If I'm an idiot, and you already addressed this, I apologize, but keep in mind idiots rarely know they're idiots...)

Is it possible you could setup a PayPal donation link where we can donate to your efforts? I understand it's your hobby and you enjoy the mysterious art of Arma scripting, blah, blah, blah, but I and others(?) want to show our gratitude. Please make it possible. :)

Keep up the excellent efforts,

JimW

Hello! As you probably know, I love this mission and appreciate all the hard work you and others have put into it.

I just have a few non-pressing questions:

Is there a way to force everyone to join the same side in the mission parameters? (Make it coop only, I mean.)

Is the mark-up at vendors still random? (If I'm an idiot, and you already addressed this, I apologize, but keep in mind idiots rarely know they're idiots...)

Is it possible you could setup a PayPal donation link where we can donate to your efforts? I understand it's your hobby and you enjoy the mysterious art of Arma scripting, blah, blah, blah, but I and others(?) want to show our gratitude. Please make it possible. :)

Keep up the excellent efforts,

JimW

Jim. Don't think that I'm afraid to publicly announce that you're a sweet heart and amazingly awesome. Because you are. And I will.

Yes, I believe I could craft something in the parameters for this. I've never done such a thing but that doesn't mean it can't be done!

Sadly it is still random. We are switching over to a new economic system (all back-end stuff, players won't notice a difference) and I'm waiting for that switch to be complete before I try to add another layer to the Markup system. But it's coming :D

The sentiment is muchly appreciated (and I mean it), but I wouldn't be able to accept the money personally. And any money that I recieved would go directly to a charity of my choosing (probably the red cross). But I can't argue against donating for disaster relief ;)

Thank you for the kind words! Still having a blast with the mission, but have one more question: In the parameters, under the respawn timer setting, one choice is "Dynamic." What does that do or how does that work?

This is obviously not a pressing issue so answer only when you have a glut of free time. And thank you again for a fine mission!

If I'm not mistaken, Dynamic means that it will go up the more you die. IIRC. Also:

The Status of Survival

As you all may/may not know, Survival utilizes a lot of in-house scripts, and some third-party scripts (INS Revive, R3F, are some immediate examples). Dominic and myself had planned for a big release today, of V0.54 (V0.53 was pretty much a completely internal build). V0.54 was going to bring some amazing things, which I could say because they're all complete, but I believe we still want to keep the surprise. However, the grim news is, with Beta 0.74 Stable of ArmA 3, Survival no longer functions right. This patch has brought a new system about how it handles "Undefined Variables", and thusly, it's considering a lot of things Undefined when they aren't, and a lot of the scripts are suffering for it. This brings me great misery, as this release was going to blow everyone's mind with the amount of content that's getting added.

Anyone who's read my post in the Troubleshooting section might think I'm just trying to flame or troll this new script system. Quite the contrary, informative error messages are the first weapon in the war of debugging. But when the system that's supposed to tell you what's wrong is what is actually wrong with the script, then my friends, I have a problem. In summary, this is to let you all know, those who are still faithful or eager players of Survival, that it is NOT dead. It is NOT abandoned. We had been working in silence to drop this release like a bomb. Though the bomb was dropped on us by this patch. Regardless, Dominic and I will see if we can't salvage the remains of Survival and craft some sort of temporary Frankenstein release. I truly hope with all my heart that this new system just goes and dies in a hole where it belongs, but that's my personal bias and preference towards it, as it has done nothing but harm to my personal missions, as well as my work on Survival.

Anyways, on topic, don't give up hope. Dominic and I love working on this, and we're not sick of it yet. We're just going to need to find a way around this massive brick wall that has suddenly appeared. Enjoy your Thursday and upcoming Weekend fellow Survivalists.

Sincerely,

Garret "][Niipaa" Barnhart

Hello,

This mission is very fun but each time i activate "capture" i am stuck to my position and cannot move anymore.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

This is a very old thread... even the autor edited the first post and now it says *outdated* maybe some functions are not working anymore with last update and thats your problem.