Sign in to follow this  
SethAten

ARMA 3 Editor creating squads.

Basically, I want to be able to assign soldiers to different fireteams in the editor.

I basically want to put down 2 playable soldiers for a co-op mission, and then place more AI soldiers like medics, riflemen, grenadiers, and then I want to manually assign each of them to a certain of the playable soldiers.

I'm sure there is an easy way to do this(other than placing them close together and hoping it auto assigns correctly?) but I haven't found it.

You'll need to use the groups tool (F2 key). With this, you can drag lines from unit to unit and create groups.

Also, for future reference, try using this for questions about mission editing. :-)

EDIT:

You can also double click when the groups tool is selected and create pre-defined groups such as fireteams, squads, etc.

Edited by TehSleuth
Additional groups information

Seems I can't do it as easy as I want. I'd like to create a chain of command but it seems I can't. They all want to be connected to me or just one of the team leaders. I can't create the two teams of three(or more, if it worked) like this:

mrwu3l.png

It just won't take it. I had to do that pic in paint because it refused to connect how I wanted.

I did make sure to set lower and higher ranks, to no avail.

Seems I can't do it as easy as I want. I'd like to create a chain of command but it seems I can't. They all want to be connected to me or just one of the team leaders. I can't create the two teams of three(or more, if it worked) like this:

http://i41.tinypic.com/mrwu3l.png

It just won't take it. I had to do that pic in paint because it refused to connect how I wanted.

I did make sure to set lower and higher ranks, to no avail.

There can only be one leader per group. the thing you are looking for is High Command to set up a coc, but i don't think thats in alpha.

Ungroup the two fireteam leader from yourself.

So the only way to do this would be if High Command was brought back. Yeah, because if I un-assign them from me, I cannot command them. Oh well, guess the only thing to do is to set them all in one group and set color teams.