Sign in to follow this  
ToxicMuffin

How to Get models into arma 3 - a little confused

Hello everyone!

I actually just got into working with models (mostly car models) for arma 3, i can get the models into oxygen and get everything working in there but what really confuses me is getting them into the game and eventually get wheels moving etc., i understand i need a model.cfg and a config.cpp file - but im not sure where to even start with writing one , ive looked at examples and the wiki but if anyone could give me a simpler description, an easier way to write them or just point me in the right direction, i'd really appreciate it !

what i've been messing around with : removed & removed

(credit goes to 'turn 10 studios' for the models, i did not create them!)

thanks,

~Toxic

Edited by Max Power

Did you get permission to alter these models from Turn 10 Studios?

We are currently waiting to see if Turn 10 Studios will allow us to use these models in our modification. The models being shown here were merely for practice until are modeller has appropiate models ready. Since we are still working on the mission, having models available at this time is not of that much importance. However, when we get models, we would like to be able to port them without much of an issue. Hence the practice, and hence this post.

I don't want to come across as crass, we do value the content other people make and have no desire to use anything in the final mission without the creators permission.

The rules of the forum state that you can't show images of altered versions of the work of others without permission. Penalties for breaking the rules of content permissions can go all the way to a permanent ban. Since you are awaiting a response, we can assume that you don't have permission at this time, therefore, your screenshots are in breach of the rules. Since you didn't claim that they are your own like so many do, we'll just leave it here. Perhaps you could find a model you have a legitimate claim to and practice on that. They do exist out there.

Thread closed.