Sign in to follow this  
Smurf

E3 2013 - General Thoughts

The most original and fun thing I saw was Garden Wars believe it or not ... the "Disco Zombie" end of level boss was a real gem :)

I am not a fan of consoles, but if I did choose between them I think it would be PS4 due to all the trappings of what route the Xbox is going down, shameful stuff that.

Also I was intersted to see how Star Wars Battlefront turns out with DICE ... that got my attention.

Wow that "Division" looks interesting! Thanks for posting Smurf! Absolutely love the authentic dialogues of the protagonists.

It's because it was 4 then players playing together. I'm sure this game will be on pc one day but it's still a MMO :(

So far it's the best presentation of a game in this E3.

Now I'm especially waiting for more infos of watching Dogs, Payday 2 and of course our favourite game!

Edit: I forgot to read the second page :/

PS4 + MGS Ground Zeroes + MGS V Phantom Pain = Maximum art of gaming :)

Is the MGS games comming out on PS4?

Be happy if they did.

Is the MGS games comming out on PS4?

Be happy if they did.

Well these new ones yes for both - Xbox one and for PS4

Sweet.

I had no intentions on buying a Xbox one and would of been disappointed if they were only on it.

Its been years since I've owned a console, and I've been thinking as my kids get older its about time. After today its definitely going to be a PS4.

And the games this year have been pretty impressive, it feels like its been a long time since there has been this much to be excited about, MGS5, TITANFALL, Witcher 3, The Division, look like must haves already and there's still heaps to keep an eye on, Destiny, Watcher, Ryse. Really loved Forza on the xbone, but there appears to be a pretty cool line up of race games on the PS4, so I think I'll cope.

Another thing PS4 has me sold on is the cloud access to PS3 games, and of course this.

Oh and as an Aussie I'm also looking forward to seeing more about Mad Max

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Well Mirror's Edge 2 catched my eye,Witcher 3 and Watch Dogs were fine but nothing I didn't knew before.Of course A3 rocked too.

Also MS got owned pretty bad and PS4 played their cards right with the whole Xbone fiasco.I wouldn't praise Sony too much,these guys aren't much better but oh booy MS needs to get slapped and slammed hard for that lil' Orwellian machine of theirs.

Can't say I'm interested in console crap,but usually our hobby gets affected pretty much(and not in a good way) by the console crowd.

More worrying is the general trend of moving everything always online,cloud and basically most games heading to MMO style with pitiful excuses for idiots that "cloud handles AI better and you can play with your friends" while in reality they want 150% control over your stuff(and pull the plug when they're in the mood).

So in short this year E3 has a bitter taste of things to come.

+1

MGS5 looks amazing, I want to see if they connect well the open world with the stealth mechanics, but i trust them, they are talented developers.

On the other way Dark souls is in my opinion the best action-RPG ever. Not enough words can make it justice. Just finish it! It seems that DS2 its going to maintain its philosophy.

From its official web http://www.darksoulsii.com/uk/about :

Dark Souls II brings the franchise’s renowned difficulty & gripping gameplay innovations to both single and multiplayer experiences.

Features:

Prepare to die... Again: Dare yourself to engage against intense gameplay in a vast world powered by an all new engine that leaps graphics, sound & fx forward like never before

A labyrinth of monsters & bosses: Immerse yourself into mind-bending environments filled with new twisted monsters and deadly bosses that could only come from the imagination of from software

Sensory assault: A wide range of threats will prey on human senses & phobias - auditory hallucinations, vertigo, acrophobia, etc.

Deeper and darker: more intricate customization options provide weapons and armor tailoring to player style

Evolved multiplayer:Updated multiplayer system enables improved online interaction to bring forward cooperative & competitive play

Go beyond death: Dark Souls II features fluid motion-capture animations, upgraded combat system, a vastly expanded suite of characters, deeper customization options, new weapons, armor abilities, and balanced player progression system

So awesome...

Well it bothers me that enemys respawn every time you sit at a fire. I´d like cleared Areas to stay clear...

The Story isn´t that good either.

Well it bothers me that enemys respawn every time you sit at a fire. I´d like cleared Areas to stay clear...

The Story isn´t that good either.

The respawn is sound with the game mechanics. If you die and lose your souls and the areas are clear, you can't recover them and level up, buy items and progress through the game; it would be game breaking.

Plus the game has some backtracking and the areas would be empty and boring. Fortunately the well made shortcuts and after one point of the game "warping" between bonfires, don't overdo the backtracking.

The game is kind of a metroidvania game in 3d with great combat mechanics and rpg.

The story is good,just telled in a subtle way. But it's not the thing that make me love the game.

Hmm... was expecting something about a new Brothers in Arms or Rainbow Six (I know I'll be disapointed with it anyway). Oh well.

The Division looks amazing! Will be watching it closely.

One thing that has got me thinking from that and BF4 gameplay footage is the Tablet option. How exactly do they work?

I am laughing my ass off when Sony slap M$ face so hard that almost anything M$ show just seems irrelevant.

P.S. to my surprises MGS5 is actually multi-Platform, well, one less reason to buy XB1:D

Edited by 4 IN 1

You and everybody. I really don't know either, few details about the game so far.

The combat chatter isn't ingame but the people who are playing it. So.. yeah....

And another one that I forgot was Ryse! It was sooooo good until 3:10; Then it lost my attention.

Actually i quite like it, a Roman COD, that seems fun.

One thing that has got me thinking from that and BF4 gameplay footage is the Tablet option. How exactly do they work?

Looks like you will be able to join servers only as a commander from the tablet. Due to this I expect it to be different from BF2's commander. If you're the commander, there's no running around and shooting, you're locked to the commander interface for the round or you give up the slot. Also considering tablets can't play until they're voted the commander, the commander choice will probably be made at some point before the round itself starts.

Yes, you won't be able to play the game when you're in commander mode. Though it's not only restricted to tablets but desktop user can play it as well.

I wonder if that's really interesting enough to spend your time with when you can't actually fight.

Yes, you won't be able to play the game when you're in commander mode. Though it's not only restricted to tablets but desktop user can play it as well.

I wonder if that's really interesting enough to spend your time with when you can't actually fight.

So it's like you can apply for the spot like before but are restricted upon coming commander?

BF4 live MP (the SP demo plays while they change the group of people playing it): http://pt-br.twitch.tv/battlefield

These are fucking awesome:

http://i.minus.com/isUAfyjVVcj28.gif

http://abload.de/img/untitled-203gaxkd.gif

http://abload.de/img/untitled-2067ou26.gif

There is a Director's Cut, red band, extended trailer of MGS5 which I really want to see. And I'm buying this: http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B00CTKHXFO

Also this: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/live-cam-tour/

Edited by Smurf

The shear amount of team shooting in the BF4 live stream is hilarious, and on top of that are the 2 guys saying how great the are while we are watching them being idiots :p

The spectator mode is bugged, not showing the correct colors for enemies\friends.

EDIT:

My pants....

Oh really? Meh, I can still chuckle :p

Just saw the DayZ standalone video on the BI News thread and have to say the house interiors look pretty damn good! Hopefully we get some of the interior design love for Arma :)

But it also made me a little sad that they weren't able to carry it over to Arma3's engine. In Arma2, it always felt like humans and objects were in somewhat different dimensions and when they interact -a lapse of real physics occur. Meaning the whole time I was watching the zombies jump at the player, I was waiting for some sort of bump from the impact (they did add a random knockdown which is good) and also noticed the zombies don't really attack the player, they jump in the vicinity of the player and then damage is applied. A 180lb undead maniac flinging himself at a human in unbridled fury should not be so easily dismissed.

Ah well, I wish them nothing but luck :)

I´m really not impressed by the DayZ showcase. I think that I spotted more bugs during these 12 minutes then on my first day with Arma2.

It seems to be prime example of what happens if you try to force more arcadish gameplay on the Arma engine. It looked really clunky.

Whereas to me it simply reinforced that #1: "good riddance to Real Virtuality 3", and #2: it pretty obviously signified what Matt Lightfoot said about their inability to show the client-server architecture change -- aka the aspect most separating the standalone from the Arma 2 mod version.