Sign in to follow this  
XSOF - Toxx

Running a script on the server

Hello,

I know there are various posts about similar issues and I've looked through tons of them but that made me even more confused. So, sorry if asked before, but I'm afraid I will only understand it, if it's about my own script.

I'm currently working on porting over my singleplayer scripts to multiplayer. From the file "onPlayerKilled.sqf" I want to pass the parameters 0 and 1 to a script executed on the server.

_dead = _this select 0;
_killer = _this select 1;

Now, when I pass these two parameters to the server-side script, I want to benefit the killer for the script there and "punish" the dead guy.

Two questions:

1. Running my script with a local .sqf works perfectly but how do I have it run on the server?

2. And how would I go about notifying the individuals with a hint? Like telling the killer whom he killed and telling the dead guy who killed him (no vice-versa. individual messages for each).

If you need more info please let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance

Toxx

im very sorry but i cant take u seriously..

u should probably try something easier to do...

anyway because i respect that everyone had to start once.... i will try to answer...

u will have to do a lot of things.. this what u re talking about is just very very beginning of what have to be done..

1. functionReportPlayer (client side)

in this function u have to publicVariableServer the killer, this function will be executed in onPlayerKilled.sqf

2. eventHandler (server side)

this event handler should execute functionPunishPlayer

3. functionPunishPlayer (server side)

in this function u have to publicVariableClient to the killer

4. eventHandler (client side)

this event handler should execute functionPunish

5. functionPunish (client side)

this function punish the killer

if u really want to do this look at scripts that re already done...............

Edited by LoonyWarrior

Thank you for your reply LoonyWarrior, you have pointed me into the right direction. Note, I studied software development, when I get a few hints I might be able to find out what to do, but yeah, I'm ambitious. :o

What I really wanted to do is count a player's kills and reward him for kill streaks.

For now my onPlayerKilled.sqf looks like this:

killer = _this select 1;
publicVariableServer "killer";

The init of the server looks like this:

"killer" addPublicVariableEventHandler
{
_killer = _this select 1; // now I know who got the kill and I can increase the killers kill streak
kill = "kill"; // this is just a placeholder as I don't have to transfer a value - I just want to notify the killer

//hint format ["Killer: %1", _killer];
owner (_killer) publicVariableClient kill;	
};

The init of the client looks like this:

killstreakScope 	= 3;
killstreakRPG 		= 5;
killstreakAI		= 7;

killstreak = 0;

"kill" addPublicVariableEventHandler
{
killstreak = killstreak + 1;	

switch (killstreak) do
{
	case (killstreakScope) :
	{
		hint format ["%1: %2-Kill-Streak: Scope Unlocked!", player, killstreakScope];
		player removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon "optic_holosight";
		player addprimaryweaponitem "optic_Hamr";		
	};
	case (killstreakRPG) :
	{
		hint format ["%1: %2-Kill-Streak: RPG Unlocked!", player, killstreakRPG];
		player addMagazine "RPG32_F";
		player addWeapon "launch_RPG32_F";
	};		
	case (killstreakAI) :
	{
		hint format ["%1: %2-Kill-Streak: AI Unlocked!", player, killstreakAI];
		group player createUnit [typeOf player, getPos player, [], 0, "FORM"];
	};
	{

};
};
};

The solution is a little different from yours but it works perfectly! Thank you so much!

Once it's all finished I'll release it to the community, which will lynch me for COD-alike content.

Edited by Toxx

Don't give a shit about people saying COD is shit and this is arma and blah blah blah... if you want to make a COD like mission, then go do it. If you want to make a Peggle Extreme like mission, go do it. Because that is Arma. Freedom to play like you want.

Don't give a shit about people saying COD is shit and this is arma and blah blah blah... if you want to make a COD like mission, then go do it. If you want to make a Peggle Extreme like mission, go do it. Because that is Arma. Freedom to play like you want.

Hehe yeah thanks for encouraging me :) I play Arma for quite a few years now, long before Dayz came out. And I love it for its realism but sometimes I just want some nice deathmatch fun :)