Tyl3r99

A quantum leap - Arma 4

I'm going to be honest and say that I hope we don't have an ARMA4. Hey, I could be wrong, but I think BI needs to make ARMA3 a finished and complete game before dropping it and starting on another half-done project. We don't want it to start being like the CoD series with a yearly release that just changes the name and adds a few new features.

Why the hell would they start releasing games every year? Did they already announce Arma 4?

I would like to see something like ArmA 2, years from 1990-2030, normal guns that army uses and not fictional or prototype weapons. Americans, Russians, International Units,Factions, Civil war , island with alot of hills, forests, small and big cities, completely demolished villages, Winter/summer seasson, snow etc.

Why the hell would they start releasing games every year? Did they already announce Arma 4?

Read my post again please:

We don't want it to start being like the CoD series with a yearly release

I said we don't want it that way. I never said that it is that way right now.

In my opinion, next game must return back in time.The must perfect period - 60th and 70th of 20th century. M48,M60, T-55,T62, Phantoms, MiG-21 and MiG-23. And, of course, the confrontation of REAL super states.

For example - soviet/us submarine with secret weapon, which can't be given in enemy hands, lost their engines and come on air near island with...enemy secret base.;)

Yep, it is simple, but it is enough for Cold War Spirit. Besides, something similar was with soviet submarine in 1983 , when it's vessel cut secret US cable. The US navy in this region even thinked about capturing sub by Spec Ops, by it all ends good without violence.

And I think, for new feelings BIS must add winter battles, campaign for both sides, and something else.

All, of course, just IMHO.

I'm going to be honest and say that I hope we don't have an ARMA4. Hey, I could be wrong, but I think BI needs to make ARMA3 a finished and complete game before dropping it and starting on another half-done project. We don't want it to start being like the CoD series with a yearly release that just changes the name and adds a few new features.

2489143-well_said.jpg

I'd like to see a good engine together with a bunch of US located maps and a (modern) US civil-war scenario.

Edited by Brain

I would like to see a actual portrayal of current modern warfare that is realistically accurate. I want support for 10000x10000km maps.

I want support for 10000x10000km maps.

Support as in you can do that or support as in you can do that without exploding your PC? I think the former is already present, not sure though.

I think if they went up to the 120km x 120km map that they had in TOH, and then just made it to the same detail as Altis, I would be more than happy. That map actually took a lot of time to get around, so BIS would actually have to add in transport planes.

Of course it might kill my computer doing that, although even if they just made the buildings they already have on the South Asia map enterable, I don't think it would be too bad.

In my opinion, next game must return back in time.The must perfect period - 60th and 70th of 20th century. M48,M60, T-55,T62, Phantoms, MiG-21 and MiG-23. And, of course, the confrontation of REAL super states.

Oh yes comrade Comissar, so much this. So many good things can come out of this

> ballanced weapons - m16 is light and ammo is light but individual round lacks power, M14 is powerfull but heavy, AKM is somewhere in between

> no thermal imaging sights

> NVs avaliable either as bulky aiming devices or scopes

> no individual radios

> variety of ballanced tanks

> no fire-and-forget missiles

> balanced AT weapons: recoiless have short range, MCLOS guidance it quite touchy, SACLOS are new and rare.

> air defence based on AAAs, ZSU-23-4, M163, M-55 12.7mm, ZPU-4 14.5mm, MANPADS are only tail-chasers with limited effectiveness

As for scenario, why not make real crisis go awry?

* after Cuban revolution, Castro responds to American threats calling for Soviet support, America reacts with Grenada-style invasion despite Soviet soldiers beign already in Caribbean region.

* Cuban missile crisis ends with American forces invading Cuba, Soviet Union responds by invading Turkey.

* Soviet invasion in Czecholsoviakia meets armed resistance, due to active help from NATO. In long run it causes active military conflict near Czechoslovakian-West Germany border. This scenario would have advantage of primary role beign played by Bundeswehr and British Army of the Rhine.

Not playing as Americans AGAIN would be great too.

A classic cold war period with the soviet invading europe. So many different factions to choose from in NATO forces, and lots of different soviet equipment. Perhaps even to stretch it to a world war 3? USSR + China + Many of the NATO countries. That is something I would like to see. Lots of diversity, and yet still something that isn't completely fantasy.

A classic cold war period with the soviet invading europe. So many different factions to choose from in NATO forces, and lots of different soviet equipment. Perhaps even to stretch it to a world war 3? USSR + China + Many of the NATO countries. That is something I would like to see. Lots of diversity, and yet still something that isn't completely fantasy.

I think perhaps have the fighting in the Nordic states for a different mix of equipment.

i think maybe a operation flashpoint continued..... that story line was nothing but EPIC

although i think something futuristic like battlefield 2142 (units and stuff!! not gameplay)

back to the mafia age would also be interesting, good old tommy gun

i dont care as long as it has a modern, updated, smooth engine RV5?

* Soviet invasion in Czecholsoviakia meets armed resistance, due to active help from NATO. In long run it causes active military conflict near Czechoslovakian-West Germany border. This scenario would have advantage of primary role beign played by Bundeswehr and British Army of the Rhine.

Not playing as Americans AGAIN would be great too.

Then there should be an soviet/east german invasion in northern germany. That really would be something new. British and German Forces against the warsaw pact. Without american units being the majority of nato forces. And thats in the 80s style :cylon:

A scenario like China vs Soviet Union (80s)/ Russian Federation (modern time) would be great, too.

But we will see what comes in the future, remember there are DLCs for ArmA 3 yet to come.

The idea of this game has depleted unless BIS is up to present yet another modern turdfare setting. Flying drones, advanced weaponry, cutting edge m4 modular rifles, stealth tanks... I'm so sick of it, that kind of stuff is everywhere.

Someone mentioned this scenario "what if USSR didn't break apart in 1991 and remained until today", yeah sounds like a good successor to Arma CWC but then again we will have a good portion of that future tech cutting edge weaponry and shit.

This title needs a reboot and start maybe from good old XX century conflict (none of that future tech), but I can hear all these crybabies missing all the COD stuff...

I'd rather see Arma 3 in fictional sci-fi setting with lasers, jetpacks and space age battlesuits rather than aforementioned stuff not everyone enjoys.

I'm leaning toward Korean War or any new fictional war where the US is out of range to intervene. Somewhere with a local pact that wouldn't stand for what's going on, and be seen as able to fight on it's own without US help. South America, maybe? A map like Lingor set around Suriname, Buenos Aires, or the coasts of Venezuela. Actually, moving back to Argentina, a war similar to the Falklands War in the 1980s only with modern equipment would be pretty interesting. Though, maybe I'm just eager to see someone else in a foreign situation with US out of the question.

I would like to see a actual portrayal of current modern warfare that is realistically accurate. I want support for 10000x10000km maps.

Kinda want the opposite :p

Larger and bigger seems to be the flavor of the day but when the end result is vast amounts of unused space,speedcrazed FastFlyers who decide the small confines of our monitors are little challenge thereby jet, tripped up AI vehicles forever lost in unknown content vortexes of the NorthWest etc... I'd prefer they seriously downsized maps to OFP size or smaller while upping the ground detail, map and node out both generic AI regions ie City/Forest/Swampy/Ocean etc and gave appropriate battle tactics and behaviour as befitting there individual challenges. Small and tight.

Kinda want the opposite :p

Larger and bigger seems to be the flavor of the day but when the end result is vast amounts of unused space,speedcrazed FastFlyers who decide the small confines of our monitors are little challenge thereby jet, tripped up AI vehicles forever lost in unknown content vortexes of the NorthWest etc... I'd prefer they seriously downsized maps to OFP size or smaller while upping the ground detail, map and node out both generic AI regions ie City/Forest/Swampy/Ocean etc and gave appropriate battle tactics and behaviour as befitting there individual challenges. Small and tight.

I do not think you understand. The size is for aircraft. The conflict could take part on a relatively small portion of the map. BI wouldn't have to use the max size either. But the. Engine should allow modders to make their terrains 10000x10000km. No one forces anyone to use an entire terrain either.

With that and a proper fixed wing model, I could see flight sim modding groups show up.

---------- Post added at 06:12 ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 ----------

Another direction for Arma 4 that would be amazing and bring back a lot of Arma 2 fans would be a modern portrayal of a military force going into Africa to stop some rebel group or militia.

The militia/African group would have a ton of equipment and vehicles from the world wars and the military force would have all the modern standard equipment.

Would bring back some nice asymmetric warfare.

I could see it now: "Arma 4 African conflict"

The story would be something like "A large militia group has overrun the government of the country and has begun to commit genocides and other war crimes against the people of the country. Japanese biological weapons from WW2 has been found in the countries surrounding the country in conflict. More biological weapons are suspected to be in the hands of the militia group."

This would be realistic like ACE and would feature the outside military as very powerful though the war would begin off as an easy win until the biological weapons are used. This starts a chain of events that turns the battle into one of the bloodiest wars of all time because of an enemy who does not care about civilians or the rest of the world. The militia could have even got ahold of a nuclear bomb that slipped away from some country with no one noticing until it was too late.

They could also leave out the biological and nuclear weapons and just feature the militia using weapons on anyone they can. And just having the militia be incredibly ruthless and sadistic. Would be a other way to have something new but be fighting the bad guys who use guerrilla tactics.

---------- Post added at 06:31 ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 ----------

Or we could go for combat like what is occurring in Syria right now. Urban conflict with fully %100 destructible building a and millions of places for people to hide and shoot you from.

Edited by ProGamer

I would like to think of Arma 4 would become more of a program than a game so to speak, more of a tool like photoshop where people can create their own scenarios kind of easily, so you would have a simplified terrain editor where you don't need to be a rocket scientist, some sort of character creator where you can customize any type of units you want just using a one simple base character and some form of vehicle creator, and the mission editor is the mission editor.

I imagine it would have most assets available like uniforms, guerrilla type clothing etc and preset camos, the terrain builder would have all basic assets to create a few different terrains like trees, buildings etc, I guess the vehicles could all be as they are (thinking A2 vehicles) with the ability to apply different textures and camos etc.

Weapon building would be the same the same process with base models.

Modding would still be there with people creating base units for others to use or even making preset textures yadayada and BIS could release DLC packs of assets for all the above.

Thus way BI no longer need to worry about realistic scenarios and assets as all they are providing is the tool, maybe the forum would become more active in a way with many different scenarios etc to try.

I've always wished Arma could be like this since I first jumped in the Arma 2 editor, I would move my PC to a cave and be lost in it forever :)

Edited by Katipo66

...I'd prefer they seriously downsized maps to OFP size or smaller...

No, sorry, I must respectfully disagree. You seem to be thinking strictly from an infantry perspective, while I think Arma should be a combined arms simulator. Vehicles - especially aircraft - need room to manuever, so, provided details aren't sacrificed, the bigger the better as far as map size is concerned. Although Chernarus++ sounds sexy, I find the suggestion of a mid to late 20th century historical setting for A4 the most intriguing. Korea or Vietnam perhaps? More than anything, however, I think we need to see more improvements to the base simulation engine. A historical setting may help with that task as the variety and complexity of technologies is reduced the further back one goes in time which in turn should alllow the devs to concentrate more of their efforts upon core functionalities and features.

No, sorry, I must respectfully disagree. You seem to be thinking strictly from an infantry perspective, while I think Arma should be a combined arms simulator. Vehicles - especially aircraft - need room to manuever, so, provided details aren't sacrificed, the bigger the better as far as map size is concerned.

Did you not play the original Operation Flashpoint? There was plenty of room for vehicles as well as aircraft!

Did you not play the original Operation Flashpoint? There was plenty of room for vehicles as well as aircraft!

There was not enough room to have proper aircraft combat. Or proper naval combat.

[sarcasm] So Camel dogfights don't count as proper air combat? There was enough room for those! [/sarcasm]