Tyl3r99

A quantum leap - Arma 4

Arma4 should be a compilation of every present & past title combined, all revamped for using the new graphics / engine.

i personally would be fine with map of 4-16x size of chernarus, with 2-4x resolution grid on details (localized microterrain),

with typical czech terrain like Chernarus ranging from steep hills to soft hills, tons of valleys, all types of forrests incuding deep ones,

gazzilion villages and quite some small and medium cities, some big city (like 4 major) with variety on the stuctures

plains with various fields, tons of roads with alleys, wind breaking alleys, tree and bushes 'blobs' for animals inbetween fields

dense road and railroad system, quite some rivers and each with tens streams (flowing water), many lakes and ponds

AI compliant waterways on big rivers (boats usage), AI friendly ford crossings, many bridges,

tons of detached buildings in country side, both residental and industrial or agriculture related ...

this map shall support all 4 main seasons, including visuals on vegetation and surface changes(muds, ponds filling or dryouts etc.)

in winter the snow shall cover vegetation and objects properly as 'new layer' and so on...

simply put an object rich normal all season central europe setup ;)

Edited by Dwarden

i personally would be fine with map of 4-16x size of chernarus, with 2-4x resolution grid on details (localized microterrain),

with typical czech terrain like Chernarus ranging from steep hills to soft hills, tons of valleys, all types of forrests incuding deep ones,

gazzilion villages and quite some small and medium cities, some big city (like 4 major) with variety on the stuctures

plains with various fields, tons of roads with alleys, wind breaking alleys, tree and bushes 'blobs' for animals inbetween fields

dense road and railroad system, quite some rivers and each with tens streams (flowing water), many lakes and ponds

AI compliant waterways on big rivers (boats usage), AI friendly ford crossings, many bridges,

tons of detached buildings in country side, both residental and industrial or agriculture related ...

this map shall support all 4 main seasons, including visuals on vegetation and surface changes(muds, ponds filling or dryouts etc.)

in winter the snow shall cover vegetation and objects properly as 'new layer' and so on...

Dude you have no Idea how awesome this would be....

I think that BI in ArmA 4 should take the sandbox concept to the next level.

ArmA 4: Sandbox simulator

Yes that's right, a literal sandbox simulator. Think of the possibilities. Conflicts zones such as the kindergarten sand pit, the red sands of mars, and the blood-soaked sands of the beaches of Normandy during WW2, and much more

Map editing would become transformed and streamlined, with any user able to pick up their new editor tools, such as the shovel and bucket, and get creating, whipping up mountains, valleys, rivers, and lakes in the wink of a eye

Although some may say combat would take a step down in this next installment of the ArmA series, new possibilities are opened, including the ability to stomp, punch, crush, and throw sandballs at your enemy and their structures

And finally ArmA can go toe-to-toe with games such as BF3, with the most realistic destruction system to date! Take out individual grains of the terrain, break down walls and watch them crumble, and witness entire buildings collapsing

And last, but certainly not least, a ArmA series trademark that the dev team will love:

CASTLES. CASTLES EVERYWHERE

All of this and more combined will make Arma 4: Sandbox simulator THE GREATEST installment of the ArmA franchise, and possibly one of the greatest games of all time.

Arma 4 for should be a modern Militery game that uses real assets that are available and used right now. And with various features that VBS2 contains like walking around on moving vehicles. With dangerous wildlife like deadly spiders or snakes. And the potential for natural disasters like Tsunamis, hurricanes, mud slides, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and other distasters.

The conflict would be peacekeeping missions in areas around the world were heavy conflict is normal. I mention Peacekeeping missions as that is what Canada's Arma does or did do before and make sense for a modern realistic combat scenario.

Edited by ProGamer

Make a map thats in a north american city, like new york or represents a fictional city that is western based with inhabitable buildings, homes, condos, etc

at least the size of atlis map in arma 3

Yeah, it would be cool with a huge city map with suburbs etc. But imagine the fps...

Uh, I've no clue, so I´ll just leave this here

First of, that video is awesome :D

Secondly

i personally would be fine with map of 4-16x size of chernarus, with 2-4x resolution grid...

Couldn't agree more.

Edited by DanielV

Very fun and cool video :cool:

Chernarus+++? Ivan would have a job for another 10 years :D

Heh- thoroughly enjoyed that and watched it twice. Catchy music there.

Great video and its so true :D

about dwarden's reply - thats actually cool idea but first you have to optimize that map , lets say 10 years ahead :p

Great video and its so true :D

about dwarden's reply - thats actually cool idea but first you have to optimize that map , lets say 10 years ahead :p

ofcourse it was meant with adequate changes in engine to allow faster loading, better usage of displacement mapping, tesselation, terrain segment lodding etc.

oh yes 64bit memory addressing more likely too :)

{grins over minimal memory requirement 32GB RAM}

{grins over minimal memory requirement 32GB RAM}

I see what you did there ;)

Nonetheless, bring it! :slayer1:

400km of an urban city, with farmland on the fringes, and more suburban areas moving away from a highly developed urban core. Complete with fully enterable buildings of course.

I really think BIS should go towards a futuristic element. I don't mean soooo spacey that its unrealistic but say set in the year 2300. imagine this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few of my ideas that ive wanted to tell people about since arma 3 came into development

BLUFOR:

FACTION: --Quantum Corp--

UNITS: Rifleman (With a Space rifle and pistol and plasma grenades)

Medic (Space Shotgun, healing laser, damage tracking helmet)

AT (A Quantum Phaser that tears holes through Ships and Vehicles

VEHICLES:

SPACESHIPS: Quantum Drop-ship (Used for Planetary transport and planet to Carrier transport, equipped with a under-hull anti-infantry laser)

Quantum Carrier (Can carry Drop-ships and fighters between planets, and carries some heavy guns)

GROUND: Stalker (A 1 man Anti Infantry Mech with spider like legs that can rip through infantry but has a weak hull)

Pounder (Heavy armored tank that can engage from a distance and cause havoc with the downside of slow speeds)

General Game:

Instead of having several islands and maps there should be one SYSTEM that you can travel between several planets. to travel between you would use a Carrier like SPACESHIP that you could then deploy DROPSHIPS from and invade.

PLANET IDEAS: Direlia (A lush green planet that is inhabited by an abundance of flora and fauna. The Planet is heavily sought after because of its inner core that is made from Rare Minerals used to as fuel and energy sources, because of its mined out core the planet is unstable.

Yerman 7: (A Barren planet that has close to nothing on it, except the possibility of becoming inhabited due to its perfect atmosphere

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small amount of stuff that ive thought about for a good while. id love to make this into a game myself or even just a Arma 3 Mod but i have limited knowledge of such things. if someone in the community could give me a push in the right direction and/or even some help i would greatly appreciate it.

I really think BIS should go towards a futuristic element. I don't mean soooo spacey that its unrealistic but say set in the year 2300. imagine this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few of my ideas that ive wanted to tell people about since arma 3 came into development

BLUFOR:

FACTION: --Quantum Corp--

UNITS: Rifleman (With a Space rifle and pistol and plasma grenades)

Medic (Space Shotgun, healing laser, damage tracking helmet)

AT (A Quantum Phaser that tears holes through Ships and Vehicles

VEHICLES:

SPACESHIPS: Quantum Drop-ship (Used for Planetary transport and planet to Carrier transport, equipped with a under-hull anti-infantry laser)

Quantum Carrier (Can carry Drop-ships and fighters between planets, and carries some heavy guns)

GROUND: Stalker (A 1 man Anti Infantry Mech with spider like legs that can rip through infantry but has a weak hull)

Pounder (Heavy armored tank that can engage from a distance and cause havoc with the downside of slow speeds)

General Game:

Instead of having several islands and maps there should be one SYSTEM that you can travel between several planets. to travel between you would use a Carrier like SPACESHIP that you could then deploy DROPSHIPS from and invade.

PLANET IDEAS: Direlia (A lush green planet that is inhabited by an abundance of flora and fauna. The Planet is heavily sought after because of its inner core that is made from Rare Minerals used to as fuel and energy sources, because of its mined out core the planet is unstable.

Yerman 7: (A Barren planet that has close to nothing on it, except the possibility of becoming inhabited due to its perfect atmosphere

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small amount of stuff that ive thought about for a good while. id love to make this into a game myself or even just a Arma 3 Mod but i have limited knowledge of such things. if someone in the community could give me a push in the right direction and/or even some help i would greatly appreciate it.

That game already exists.

And why so much quantum?

Sadly, for ARMA it can only progress as technology progresses, always being a famed simulator shooter.

But for now stick with what you've got, arma 3 is awesome :D

Whats your idea then, sport?

From my own observations, many of the actual wars in Arma are very much fictional. Some are totally fictional, some seem to be slightly enhanced ideas of real situations. My idea for an Arma 3 would be set in a fictional version of the Falklands war. The first thing I'd like to note is that Arma 4 will likeley not come out for a good amount of years considering how advanced Arma 3 is. Because of this, its safe to assume hardware will advance, and because of this we can hope for larger maps. I was actually wondering if a map of the entire Falkland island would work. Its safe to assume so.

How would the factions work?

The game would feature BLUFOR - British Army/Navy/Air Force, OPFOR, Argentinian Army/Navy/Air Force, and INDEPENDENT as a Falklands island militia. We I feel that this would be a good idea because a lot of interesting military hardware is from the 70's and 80's. We could hope to see aircraft such as the Tornado, the Harrier, the magnificent Vulcan bomber. We would also bare witness to the Mirage, the Mk3 Centurion. Small arms would consist of the less accurate rocket launchers and many of the FN fal variants such as the L1A1. I've noticed many soldiers in this era even used some old ww2 weapons, the grease gun was still being used by Argentina during this war.

Won't going back in time be kinda' lame? No UAVs or Heat vision?

I think this step back in time is a great idea because while I do love Arma 3 i feel all the UAV's and digital this and infared that is taking some of the life from it, if you're in a situation you just call in a uav bomb the CSAT and walk in unharmed. Back in the 80's neither side had much advanced optics for weapons which will mean closer more intense combat.

What about the editor?

I think a more advanced yet user friendly editor would be crucial in doing this, I recently downloaded ALiVE mod for Arma 3 and I must say they've nailed it. Having a radio more along the lines of ACRE would be an ideal addition, the kind where if you're in a building your signal is weaker. I'd expect a very user friendly naval system including aircraft carriers where placing units on them is easy to do and very adaptive. I'd like to see the british ramped aircraft carrier particularly.

So what would be different about this in comparison to the regular Falklands war?

Well, firstly, in the Falklands war there was little ground combat, much of the war was aircraft bombing runs e.c.t, which as a game would be fairly bland. Beefing up the involvement of both countries military would be a start, I'm not too great with politics so i wont go into too much detail about the specifics, but I think its safe to say that we should have to same variatey of units we got from Arma 2 and Operation arrowhead.

Speaking of Operation Arrowhead, what about expansion packs?

Well, unlike what Bohemia decided with Arma 3, I think the campaign and all units should come with the game on release, I think as far as expansions go, perhaps including 3 new factions as well as new maps. Perhaps 2 smaller maps inside the UK and 2 smaller maps inside Argentina, suggesting the war has spread back to their mainland area. For the sake of getting into my idea, I'm going to say perhaps for the UK the outskirts of London and somewhere down in Cornwall would make interesting locations. As for Argentina, I'm not too familiar with interesting geographical places, so I guess that'd be up to Bohemia. I think as for the 3 new factions, I already mentioned America as the new independent faction. I say this because as far as I know America think Argentina should get the Falklands, while at the same time they are the UK's strongest Allies. This leaves them open to being on whoever side depending on the situation. The new Blufor faction would be British reserves, equipped with slightly worse gear but perhaps a different variatey of vehicles, not neccicarily better or worse. The same goes for Argentina. As for Civilians, they'd either be Falkland island civilians, British civilians or Argentinean civilians.

Why is your idea so great then hmmmm?

Well apart from what I previously mentioned about the less advanced tech, many people will notice the British and even more-so the Argentinean's are not really in games, especially military games. I'm not sure why, Britain has a pretty impressive military and Argentina didn't have too bad of one either. I say I don't know why, its obviously media. But I think we can change that. As mentioned before, sticking America in it will certainly spice things up, seeing a British vs American skirmish would be interesting granted they both have very decent military hardware and both prefer to make their own that outsource, meaning they wouldn't be fighting one another with the same vehicles as each other.

Any other wise ideas?

In Arma 2 and Arma 3 there were also some special forces, because of this I feel ensuring the CQC should be revamped totally, giving it a much richer feel, without reducing the game to a Call of Duty clone, not that that would EVER happen. The British could have the SAS, the Yanks could have Delta force or Seals, and Argentina can have GOE. These units can use a larger variatey of weapons to give the game more content, shotguns, SMG's, and even some beefy snipers.

Usually I'd keep this idea to myself and convince myself I can make a mod that achives at least some of these targets, but in reality It would take a very skilled developer to achieve this, and i'm only a 2 year student in Video Game Development, so I can't really do this ,at least not to a standard that I'm doing it justice. Thats why I'm sharing this idea. Alternativeley, if the likeley even that Bohemia don't ever read this, I'd hope that someone contacts me about making a mod of this. I'm a fairly decent 3D modeller using Maya 3DS max and mudbox, so If anyone wants to try and make this an Arma 3 mod, please contact me. My Steam name is... ehem.. 'I enjoy the work of Liam Neeson'

Short list of additional features

- totally reworked and fluent animations

- As well as a better editor, an in game map creator

- a superior game mode for multiplayer similar to Warfare

- realistic first aid module

- terrain that alters through the seasons

- ultra realistic sounds from ambient to gunfire to doorsteps

- lush graphics such as wAter droplets and ripples on vehicles during rain

- multiplayer campaign

- Accessibility with items more, animations for adjusting scopes, setting up bipods and first aid eft

- while arma 3s physics took a step in the right direction, I'd like to see a leap into next gen with physics that challenge most other games.

- real weapon and vehicle names instead of the renamed ones in arma 3

- arma 2's gritty run down atmosphere

- far more unforgiving flight models so players actually need to learn how to fly and must complete the tutorial before they can fly online

Thank you if you made it this far down the page without being infuriated with me for some grammar error or for thinking far too creatively in one sitting. I'd like to know what you guys think about my idea. Please please please let me know. Cheers :)

:yay:

Edited by DatFaceSoldier
I wanted to add more.

Whats your idea then, sport?

From my own observations, many of the actual wars in Arma are very much fictional. Some are totally fictional, some seem to be slightly enhanced ideas of real situations. My idea for an Arma 3 would be set in a fictional version of the Falklands war. The first thing I'd like to note is that Arma 4 will likeley not come out for a good amount of years considering how advanced Arma 3 is. Because of this, its safe to assume hardware will advance, and because of this we can hope for larger maps. I was actually wondering if a map of the entire Falkland island would work. Its safe to assume so.

There have been some mods regarding that conflict since ofp times, made by both British and Argentinians , the mods died because they didn't raise any interest. Actually they raised more flamewars in the forums than interest. The islands IRL are almost flat desert like terrain with some small greener areas, and let's be honest, no one in the world cares about the conflict other than us Argentinians and British.

As I said some months ago in this same thread, I don't think it's a good idea for BI to portray a real nation as the bad ones, because in some countries that would led to the game being banned. I happened with Iran before it was renamed to CSAT. And maybe you don't care but just think of the people who invest time in learning to mod the game, and then find it banned because some politicians feel offended by a game they don't understand. And for BI, that means less money. So a fictional nation, and everyone is happy.

And I would actually like other nation to be the good guys, it's always US/UK. IDK, France, Canada, Germany, Russia and Spain among others, have baddass armies. (I don't really see it happening anyways)

I suppose that's fair enough, although I stress that there is no good guys and no bad guys, IMO the Falklands war inst really not cared about, its not heard of, because only shortly prior to this war was the cold war which likely took everyone's attention. I guess you could always rename the factions as names like CSAT or something if that's what you reckon will happen. Besides who's to say they couldn't add those other armies you've mentioned in the Falklands game? Also, I should just mention Germany and Russia were both in Arma 2 and have already been done.

Regardless of the rest of it, I still feel that setting the war in the era I mentioned meaning less advanced tech will provide a much more intense game experience.

Glad you commented though, nice to see other people's idea of it.

IMO the Falklands war inst really not cared about, its not heard of, because only shortly prior to this war was the cold war which likely took everyone's attention.

Now your joking here... right..;)

You know what the cold war was ?

The Cold War was a time of political and military tension between the East and West, not a war, started shortly after WW2 from the mid to late 40's until the early 90's. Some think its starting again, but this time its the USA v everyone else, apart from Israel that is.;)

As for A4, if there is an A4 it will be so much like a console game, it wouldn't be worth parting with money. That's based on the difference in game, between A2-A3.

no one in the world cares about the conflict other than us Argentinians and British

Not true. I care about it and I'm American. I don't want A4 to be about it but I would love a mod for it hence why I am making a terrain for the Project 82 Mod. I would rather it be Cold War gone hot scenario.

I'm going to be honest and say that I hope we don't have an ARMA4. Hey, I could be wrong, but I think BI needs to make ARMA3 a finished and complete game before dropping it and starting on another half-done project. We don't want it to start being like the CoD series with a yearly release that just changes the name and adds a few new features.