Tyl3r99

A quantum leap - Arma 4

right community... what does everyone think arma 4 should be about... civil war? ww2? ww1? space?

just thought it would be a general laugh coming up with some ideas that will make the devs laugh

Hopefully not space -they already announced some sort of Take On Space Car or something like that and Im just not a huge fan of Sci-Fi games in general short of course -Star Citizen, which looks fantastic.

Medieval would be great because of the massive landscapes but I doubt the melee would hold up to a Warband or the like. that leaves -Westerns! I've always thought this would be a cool engine to play out some Wild, Wild West. Just have to get down the whole shooting from vehicles thing so we can shoot from horseback. Some guy already made a very neat lookin bow mod so the Comanche are in.

Do it BI!!!

medieval would be interesting but the AI would be difficult to program i would imagine....

sci-fi i suppose theres pro's and cons

ww2 - basically i44

ww1 - that would be interesting... mustard gas ;)

i think it will have to contain space travel and aliens like star ship troopers :D

Arma3 has not been release yet and you already wonder what is coming next?

Something back in the 80's :cool:

• Like 2

I moved the thread to the more correct section.

Edited by PurePassion

Anything nam to the early 90's is what I'd like to see. Or just remake the original OFP. I also would love to see a modern day one set somewhere like Korea or some Asian country or anywhere snowy. Those have been untouched by ArmA. Seriously, please, mountainous, snowy maps with pine trees. I love that type of setting.

I know this wouldn't be likely but I'd also love to see one set in suburban/rural America. :D

Edited by GRS

Not pew-pew sci-fi,but I would like a cyberpunk game with the sandbox stuff from Arma.High tech,implants,hacking,corporation troops and so on.

What would be cool is an ARMA game set somewhere in the mid-1080's about a fictional conflict between a US Army training facility and a splinter group of the Soviet Red Army... I think such a setting would make for an awesome game. :)

What would be cool is an ARMA game set somewhere in the mid-1080's about a fictional conflict between a US Army training facility and a splinter group of the Soviet Red Army... I think such a setting would make for an awesome game. :)

You'd have to be some kind of idiot to make a game like that.

Soviet's in mid-1080's setting and Oreo castles in the background... Wohoo! ;)

Seriously... I think that Vietnam wouldn't be that bad but I would rather look for Eastern conflict like Bosnia and Herzegovina, or Warsaw Pact invading western Europe. Also Chinese-Russian or Chinese-States conflict or maybe new Korean war?

Edited by fragmachine

You'd have to be some kind of idiot to make a game like that.

Come to think of it, yeah, you're probably right. How would you sell a game like that? I mean, It's not a "game for the new generation of console players", and it seems nothing else sells these days.

BI should have a competition and the next release should be the ultimate sandbox ... tools & modding tools out the box like the alpha for 3 to the select community, blank canvas, the community makes it by skill and suggestion and they help :)

Arma4 - "Project Sandbox".

Oh dear, they need to sell it .... oh well.

Maybe they should just make a map of entire country and this time its world war based, just scaled to a world depicted map.

Having actually 3d editor cryEngine-like so even Apple user would figure out how to use it would speed up things. Next ArmA 4 - Sky is NOT an limit or typically - NO to limitations :)

Come to think of it, yeah, you're probably right. How would you sell a game like that? I mean, It's not a "game for the new generation of console players", and it seems nothing else sells these days.

Yeah, who likes the cold war anyways!

Yeah, who likes the cold war anyways!

:D Right...

But you know what probably would sell? A game about a group of people that get invaded by Russians and have to go underground, resisting the Russian invasion. Make sure they got enough ammo and stuff... I think that would be an awesome game.

I feel a great gap would be filled if Arma 4 was about the Korean War. Unless someone can name a Korean War game. Then again, probably because no one's interested, even if it was the first war to see the mass use of jets and helicopters.

Forces from around the world struggle for control of Antarctica. Snowmobiles and dog sleds are your primary means of transportation, and you must constantly be looking out for penguins rigged with explosives sliding towards you.

ArmA 4 will be about Zombies and Survival or Sticks and Stones.

From a tactical Players standpoint all modern war is too much ponit and click, playing a "computer game" inside a computer game.

A nice Reboot would be back into 70's with a fictional setting abroad from "cold war going hot" or "Vietnam".

VIETNAM! I love the Vietnam era. I haven't found many good Vietnam games, only Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Battlefield Vietnam. I think BI could make a really good Vietnam game. It even sounds good: ArmA IV: Vietnam. Or, they could do an official ArmA III add-on: ArmA III: Vietnam. I think a WWII ArmA would be good too, no one has done a good WWII game since Call of Duty: World at War. Or a WWII official add-on for ArmA III.

I'd love to see an early Cold War gone hot setting, 1950/60's setting. Older guns and vehicles without the 'fancy' thermal and NVG's. Everything is almost balanced naturally so skill and tactics come into play more then gadgets and attachments.

• Like 1

VIETNAM! I love the Vietnam era. I haven't found many good Vietnam games, only Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Battlefield Vietnam. I think BI could make a really good Vietnam game. It even sounds good: ArmA IV: Vietnam. Or, they could do an official ArmA III add-on: ArmA III: Vietnam. I think a WWII ArmA would be good too, no one has done a good WWII game since Call of Duty: World at War. Or a WWII official add-on for ArmA III.

We nearly had an Vietnam themed OFP2 made by BIS before Codemasters and BIS split.

These old websites give some old information: OFP2 and Independence Lost

These were both quite anticipated sequels at the time i can remember :)