Sign in to follow this  
hyp3rzz

Arma 3 Server - Windows Server 2008 R2 started; unable to connect by remote IP

Hi,

I have installed an Arma 3 dedicated server using your install guide using steamcmd.

Windows Server 2008 R2 environment (directly connected to the internet tier 2 datacentre), no hardware firewall

When I start the server with the arma3server.exe it starts ok.

I have opened up all the ports required for the game (UDP) in windows firewall:

2302 (Arma3 Game port)

2303 (Server reporting)

2305 (Von)

8766 (Steam port)

27016 (Steam query port)

Unfortunately, when I open my Arma 3 Alpha game client I cannot connect through remote (it says that there are no servers on that IP address)

Can anyone give any potential solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Hyp3rzz

Edited by hyp3rzz
UDP ports open for both incoming/outgoing traffic

You opened TCP or UDP ports? <- Fail! Sorry.

I had trouble with my firewalls (Sophos and Microsoft TMG) Question who is the UDP Initiator: The Server is.

Send -> 2302

Receive -> Any if the Server opened the UDP connection.

(UDP protocoll)

Please check the Firewall rule.

Will Check my Firewall Settings for the non firewalled testserver.

Edit: Sorry - The testerver is down and i cant start it atm. I am moving my virtual infrastructure to another hypervisor and hoster atm :( The virtual machine export process is running.

Edited by Hatchet_Harry

Can you post your command line arguments and your ***.cfg (Hiding the passwords and logins)

also try opening port 2304 too

Can you see your server in the gamespy browser

Here is my command line arg D:\GAMES\ArmA3\a3master\arma3server.exe "-profiles=d:\Games\Arma3\A3Master" -port=2302 -config=CONFIG_Vanilla.cfg -world=empty

Here is the contents of my CONFIG_Vanilla.cfg

//// server.cfg
//
// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// STEAM

steamport		=2300;
steamqueryport		=2301;

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname		= "My Server:EmG Server";		// The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
//password 		= "ServerAccessPassword";			// Password for joining, eg connecting to the server
passwordAdmin 		= "AdminPassword";				// Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'
reportingIP 		= "";			// This is the default setting. Leave empty for private servers if you do not want your server listed publicly
logFile			= "A3Master.log";
verifySignatures 	= 2;

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[] = {};
motdInterval = 5;			// Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES
maxPlayers		= 40;		// Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.
// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers	= 1;		// Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold		= 0.33;		// 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective
//voteMissionPlayers	= 0;

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN		= 0;		// If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality 	= 8;		// Quality from 1 to 10
persistent		= 1;		// If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions
{
         class Mission1
        {
             template="co_xx_mymission.stratis";
             difficulty="Regular";
         };
};

Edited by hyp3rzz

That all seems okay.

1) Make sure your client is running the same branch as your server... e.g Stable or DEV. (For all intentions and purposes, the DEV and stable branches are treat as completely different games)

2) Having done that if the problem persists then have your server report to Gamespy and see if it is listed in your server browser on your client. (Filter to shorten the list)

If it doesnt, there must be a firewall issue somewhere

Google "ActivePorts" and download that tool, it will tell you if the ports are truly open

Also, if you are running ArmA2 on that box, shut it down while testing(Ports may be conflicting as they share the same defaults)

Also have a look at the .rpt rfile to see if there are any major errors in there.

If you still have issues, temporarily remove all the missions in your MpMissions folder and try restarting the server

Edited by Terox