petracephas

ARMSCor Mod 3.0.3 (Work in progress)

ARMSCor_Banner_zpsc22c1ec8.png

This ARMA 3 mod will include South African military equipment, both locally developed and license build from 1966 to 2035.

I have no intentions of making any missions and don't want to have any political discussions. This mod is about some seriously cool/interesting military hardware from a country that was forced to think differently. Many of these equipment is now in use world wide.

Here is a short and incomplete list of the weapons I'm planning...

- A109LUH

- Hornet

- Gecko

- CR21

- NEOPUP

- Rooivalk

- Rooikat

- G6

- Oryx

- JAS 39 Gripen

Some work in progress screenies:

- Re-skinned soldier

- A109LUH

If your interested you can follow me/my progress on my blog.

I would love your non political opinion and feedback and any help I can get. :)

Impressive! Will it be an indepence side?

Thanks. Yes. Green army.

Pretty cool, man. Wish you all the best with it! :)

Impressive work so far :D Looking forward to future updates!

Do you need any help with reference material for the A109LUH? I've had the opportunity to take a bunch of highres pictures of the Swedish version, as we're planning on making one for Swedish Army Mod as well :)

Impressive work so far :D Looking forward to future updates!

Do you need any help with reference material for the A109LUH? I've had the opportunity to take a bunch of highres pictures of the Swedish version, as we're planning on making one for Swedish Army Mod as well :)

My model is done, except for the interoir. You have any highres pictures of that? Maybee we can trade models?

My model is done, except for the interoir. You have any highres pictures of that? Maybee we can trade models?

Ah great :D Yes, there are some of the interior and machinegun mount as well, so it might be of use. Cockpit was very small and cluttered at the time though so I didn't get very good shots there of panels and stuff. I'll sort it out and send you a pm soon with a download link anyway, and we can continue talk about any possible future trade there :)

Looking very good so far mate! Great to see that things worked out with the implementation and are already functional ingame :D That's quite the achievement for someone new to Arma modding.

Looking very good so far mate! Great to see that things worked out with the implementation and are already functional ingame :D That's quite the achievement for someone new to Arma modding.

Thanks. Stiltman helped me with the rotor problem I had.

Do you have any idea what is going on with my texture having this blue tint in game?

Do you have any idea what is going on with my texture having this blue tint in game?

Good question. The green is correct right? But not the rest? Looks like the RGB-channels have been messed around on your diffuse/colormap. The South African flag on the side looks to be flipped upside down, as if the red and blue channel have switched place, which would explain the blue tint as well. This is a process that TexView2 does when converting textures to PAA-format and different maps. I think you have accidentally converted your diffusemap/colormap incorrectly.

Save your original diffuse/colormap again to TGA format (Not the one you use ingame now). Make sure it ends with "_co" in its name. Open it with Texview2 and save it as a PAA-file. Now try using this for your model ingame instead.

The thing with TexView2 is that it uses the extentions to know what kind of texture it is you're saving. For example, "_co" is for diffuse/colormaps, "_nohq" is for normalmaps, "_smdi" is for specularmaps, etc. When saving textures with these extentions in the file names, TexView2 will switch around your RGB/A-channels to Arma standards, which are different combinations for different textures. If you do not use an extention in the filename, TexView2 wont touch the channels at all, which can have an odd effect ingame as well. It's always good to use this properly with Arma's tools and rvmat-files.

Anyways, give it a shot and see what happens. I'll add you on Skype later today, in case you want more help. It's kinda messy for me to explain right now :p

Edit: For some reason I can't spell "extension" correctly today :D

Edited by Mr. Bravo

Rooivalk! Very good idea, I saw it only in old game (Comanche 3), wait to test it

Got it sorted. My texture was 4000x4000 pixels, changed it to 4096x4096 and all is good now.

Liking the progress a lot. Your textures are very nice, especially the re-skin of the Littlebird.

Really looking forward to this, especially the historical stuff. Do you have any plans for OPFOR or an island?

Really looking forward to this, especially the historical stuff. Do you have any plans for OPFOR or an island?

Not planning on any missions or island at this time, just equipment. Hoping someone will use my mod to create missions.

Nice looking so far!

Why are you adding the Tiger instead of the Rooivalk? Is it for an Opfor side?

I didn't expect that :)

You really work fast. :eek: Keep up the awesome work!

From the blog

On the SAAF forums it was speculated that the Rooivalk could be replaced in future with Tiger helicopters

Nice looking so far!

Why are you adding the Tiger instead of the Rooivalk? Is it for an Opfor side?

I didn't expect that :)

As stated above. It has been speculated that in the future when money allows the SAAF would replace the Rooivalk with a smaller/lighter attack helo. The Tiger.

That said I'm doing 3 factions. SANDF will include the Rooivalk and Oryx, the model is already done - SANDF+ will have the Tiger and NH90

Hey mate, thought I'd find you over here now that AusArmA is down.

Looking good, loving the progress you're making.

I'l PM you.