Sign in to follow this  
Bob_Boberston

Wwii mod

Anyone know of a WWII MOD with new soldiers, cars, objects and all that good stuff? Oh and a WWII looking map type area. So is there one out there? smile.gif

There is a mod called Invasion 1944. heres the link Invasion 1944 Their mod is about WWII. Dont know when itll be out though. I would say at least not for another year or so.

Hope that helps.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ July 29 2002,01:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would say at least not for another year or so.<span id='postcolor'>

Abah, Any WWII MODs that are already out??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ July 29 2002,02:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Parker @ July 29 2002,07:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You guys don't really know alot about OFP editing do you?<span id='postcolor'>

Nope not really. Couldnt make a model to save my life tounge.gif

WOW! Invasion 1944 made a panzershreck, it better be as good as resistance since it took them about just as long to make it.

invasion '44 just posted on their site that theyre not dead.

good to hear that from a great mod like I44... hope they'll show us some new screenz soon smile.gif

Well you know our WWII team mod are making most of the addons that you are thinking of.

Like the Tiger tank, Half truck, C-47, Junkers Ju-52.

Our WWII team site:

WWII team

Hope you like our mod.

Greetings Marcel

Maker of

ofp.info/Marss911

hey marss ... whats the status of your c47 ? the first beta version avaible for download was not so very ... amazing

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is a mod called Invasion 1944. heres the link Invasion 1944 Their mod is about WWII. Dont know when itll be out though. I would say at least not for another year or so.<span id='postcolor'>

There's also The Great Assault mod which is making a LOT better process than I44, hopefully they won't make the same mistake as I44 did (release addons only when all of the addons are done sad.gif ). Check out their site (which is updated quite often btw.) http://www.xqube.org/~opf/GreatAssault

I44 didnt released one of their addons... that was marss.... he released the c47, the willys jeeps and some other stuff.. but marss isnt a member of I44 .. he has nothin to do with it i think

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ July 29 2002,14:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is a mod called Invasion 1944. heres the link Invasion 1944 Their mod is about WWII. Dont know when itll be out though. I would say at least not for another year or so.<span id='postcolor'>

There's also The Great Assault mod which is making a LOT better process than I44, hopefully they won't make the same mistake as I44 did (release addons only when all of the addons are done sad.gif ). Check out their site (which is updated quite often btw.) http://www.xqube.org/~opf/GreatAssault<span id='postcolor'>

AFAIK I44 is a total modification , they don't make any mistake , it's their choice , you have to respect it

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Marss911 @ July 29 2002,13wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well you know our WWII team mod are making most of the addons that you are thinking of.

Like the Tiger tank, Half truck, C-47, Junkers Ju-52.

Our WWII team site:

WWII team

Hope you like our mod.

Greetings Marcel

Maker of

ofp.info/Marss911<span id='postcolor'>

Hi Mars.  Your addons are great...but....when will the rifles and machine guns be put into Oxygen???  It's so frustrating seeing the MP40's, BAR's, M1 Garand's, ect... turn into AK-47's or M-21's when you get farther away or turn to look at them at certain angles or through binoculars.  Also on the STG-44 (I think that's what it's called) it shows the M16 site even though looking at the weapon it looks like it has a AK style site (although maybe that's different on the real thing?)

Oh...also as someone noted it would be very nice to have a C-47 that didn't crash and that could turn.  Better textured WWII units (especially a better 101'st Airborne) or oxygen modified soldiers would be very very nice (like the German Nazi's with better looking helmets and allied troops with realistic looking steel-pot helmets and authentic looking back-packs, ect...).

Anyways I made my first WWII Airborne mission yesterday with your C-47 and it was incredible. I have to say that the updated sounds for the WWII troops is incredible.  But I don't like the way it takes 4 shots often to kill a soldier. If you get hit by a .45 slug from the Thompson sub-machine gun for example, you're probably not going to get up.  Same with the sniper rifles....which by the way I really love how you have to reload manually after each shot.  It makes it feel like you're really working the bolt on the rifle.  Nice touch there.

All in all it's a remarkable job you and your team have done, but it has tons of potential for being much better.  Anyhoo...keep up the excellent work!  I'm greatly looking forward to your addon updates, and new addons!  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AFAIK I44 is a total modification , they don't make any mistake , it's their choice , you have to respect it<span id='postcolor'>

Well IMO it's mistake because people will lose their interest to the mod if nothing is released, it doesn't need to be anything special to keep peoples interest in the mod, by releasing small things like weapon addons, just like Lost Brothers is doing, I44 would gain a lot more interest. And AFAIK you can't change the game code and do new animations so "a total conversion" is quite impossible to do... (correct me if i'm wrong smile.gif )

IMO "an OFP mod" is just a bunch of great addons that share the same idea, but if we could change the game code and so, then we could make a total conversion. wink.gif

Just my opinions of course smile.gif.

norsu is quite right.. but theres one point i dont agree. i dont think its necessary to release (small) addons before the release of the mod... there are other ways to keep the people intereseted... i would call it... hmm.. promotion biggrin.gif

i think if you release all your addons before in the mod will be nothing completly new and it will soon become boring... but if you dont release the addons before, the mod could be a big suprise .... but you know other people, other opinions... especially in forums tounge.gif