Sign in to follow this  
brynjard

long distance optics needed.

doesn't the alpha already have binocs and long range rifle optics now?

right last week, comes patch with sniper package, and you ask for long range optics? Didn't you miss something?

I'd actually prefer they dont implement too many long range optics just yet. Im actually having a super hard time trying to show people they can survive with an assault rifle at close range. If im not actively commanding them and telling them to move forward they are usually on top of a hill 300+ meters away sniping. This simulation is so much better when your in the thick of it, down on ground level. And if you can get the rest of the guys to put the sniper rifles down for ten seconds you'll find that with a few AI tweaks the combat can be intense and assaults can be downright legendary.

Ditch the optics, grow the balls. I wont vote no on your feedback, honestly they'll implement it all in due time, I'm just popping in to let you know there's a whole lot more to this game than sniping. Check out WildServer sometime, and good luck-

The newly added "range finder" has zoom in capability so there is no really need for more.

I'd actually prefer they dont implement too many long range optics just yet. Im actually having a super hard time trying to show people they can survive with an assault rifle at close range. If im not actively commanding them and telling them to move forward they are usually on top of a hill 300+ meters away sniping. This simulation is so much better when your in the thick of it, down on ground level. And if you can get the rest of the guys to put the sniper rifles down for ten seconds you'll find that with a few AI tweaks the combat can be intense and assaults can be downright legendary.

Ditch the optics, grow the balls. I wont vote no on your feedback, honestly they'll implement it all in due time, I'm just popping in to let you know there's a whole lot more to this game than sniping. Check out WildServer sometime, and good luck-

300 meters is hardly sniping :p

I think aiming is terribly difficult right now and the recoil is way too high. Because of this I can only do single shots and then I may as well aim at targets far away that don’t move much or tempt me to auto.

Some weapons are good for short bursts at like 50 meters but going that close to the AI is really pushing it.

Hell, hitting anything is hard. For ranged combat you're at least prone, stable, your target can't move a lot, you probably won't get hit... what's not to like.

Hello,

Please see the bellow:

right last week, comes patch with sniper package, and you ask for long range optics? Didn't you miss something?

and

The newly added "range finder" has zoom in capability so there is no really need for more.

The BETA is also around the corner, who knows, we might get some new LR optics.

The entity known as the BI forum has asked me to close this thread.