Sign in to follow this  
Foonslice

Loud foot step bug

Well it seems that they finally eliminated that infuriating Loud Footstep bug in OFP Resistance, therefore proving that is wasn't the fault of the sound blaster drivers at all. Except there is only one thing. What about the rest of us who don't have Resistance? Are we going to get this bug removed or do we have to deal with it forevermore?

Can we expect a version upgrade (to 1.75) for people without the Resistance Upgrade?

The fact that it's fixed doesn't mean OFP is at fault. EAX was not designed to be used for large environments. This caused the loud footsteps. There's a thread somewhere in this forum where Suma explains it.

Suma explained that the problem with the loud footsteps was caused by Creative Labs' incorrect implementation of sound ramping, which caused the sounds to be played with an incorrect volume.

Since the problem didn't manifest itself on all systems that had EAX available, I tend to believe his explanation.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Suma explained that the problem with the loud footsteps was caused by Creative Labs' incorrect implementation of sound ramping<span id='postcolor'>

I recall The Avon Lady saying she experienced the problem on a non~Creative sound card. I'm pretty sure I used to get it with my on~mobo 'C~Media' sound card too!. it was a while ago since I last used it so I can't be 100%. I can say the problem is much more noticable on my SB 5.1 though!, or was till I installed Resistance.

I agree if they can fix it for OFP~R, they can fix it for OFP #1.46!.

Though why anyone who plays OFP hasn't brought Resistance yet is beyond me wink.gif ...