Sign in to follow this  
brunow

Help to configure a Arma 3 Server

Hello, guys !

Sorry to create a thread about this but I'm really hopeless here.

I've rented an Arma 3 server but I don't know how to configure it, no even the basics, nothing !

Not even how to put Wasteland on it, is there a really basic guide that I could follow that could guide on this ?

I've tried to read the "How to run ArmA3 on a dedicated server" but I got nothing out of there, you can see how newbie I'm from this.

If this topic is absurd or against the rules, I apologizes, I didn't know what else to do.

If anybody can help I'll be most grateful !

Thanks for your time to read this and maybe help a beginner.

Cheers.

Thanks, Harry !

It helped a little now that I've looked with more patience.

but I still have a few doubts, maybe you could help me out ?

1 - Can set up something to automatically send messages to everybody every 30 minutes or not yet ?

2 - Is there a console, to see what has been said on the chat or reported ?

3 - Can we block some of the player commands ? and is there a way to log 2 admins at once on the server ? How ?

4 - How can we create capture points on the mission ?

5 - Can I send messages to all users on the server ? How can I do that ?

6 - How can I add a class to a wasteland mission ?

7 - Which one is the sqf file for vehicles ?

Thanks

Edited by brunow

Thanks, Harry !

It helped a little now that I've looked with more patience.

but I still have a few doubts, maybe you could help me out ?

1 - Can set up something to automatically send messages to everybody every 30 minutes or not yet ?

2 - Is there a console, to see what has been said on the chat or reported ?

3 - Can we block some of the player commands ? and is there a way to log 2 admins at once on the server ? How ?

4 - How can we create capture points on the mission ?

5 - Can I send messages to all users on the server ? How can I do that ?

6 - How can I add a class to a wasteland mission ?

7 - Which one is the sqf file for vehicles ?

Thanks

1) 2 ways of doing this

a) For a specific mission, edit the mission and add Global/side chat messages in scripts.....goto ARMA-3-ALPHA-MISSION-EDITING-amp-SCRIPTINGfor more info.

b) By editing the CONFIG_Vanila.cfg MOTD lines and defining the delay between messages

2) Check the tutorial first post for log information. (The chat is not logged)

3)

a)Only 1 server admin can be logged in at a time

b) What player commands, if you mean voting etc, some things are disabled when the admin logs in, voting threshold can be set so it doesn,t work

c) You may also be referring to scripting commands, if so another mission editing question

4) This is mission design and nothing to do with administering a server .....goto ARMA-3-ALPHA-MISSION-EDITING-amp-SCRIPTINGfor more info.

5) Same as 1

6) Mission editing again.....

7) Mission editing again......

sounds like you are only interested in wastelands, try asking the mission editing questions on the wastelands thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155995-404Wasteland-TPG-Edition-(Built-In-Anti-Hack-Script)

Edited by Terox

1) 2 ways of doing this

a) For a specific mission, edit the mission and add Global/side chat messages in scripts.....goto ARMA-3-ALPHA-MISSION-EDITING-amp-SCRIPTINGfor more info.

b) By editing the CONFIG_Vanila.cfg MOTD lines and defining the delay between messages

2) Check the tutorial first post for log information. (The chat is not logged)

3)

a)Only 1 server admin can be logged in at a time

b) What player commands, if you mean voting etc, some things are disabled when the admin logs in, voting threshold can be set so it doesn,t work

c) You may also be referring to scripting commands, if so another mission editing question

4) This is mission design and nothing to do with administering a server .....goto ARMA-3-ALPHA-MISSION-EDITING-amp-SCRIPTINGfor more info.

5) Same as 1

6) Mission editing again.....

7) Mission editing again......

sounds like you are only interested in wastelands, try asking the mission editing questions on the wastelands thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155995-404Wasteland-TPG-Edition-(Built-In-Anti-Hack-Script)

Thanks a lot, Terox !

Sorry for the questions in the wrong area.

When you say "By editing the CONFIG_Vanila.cfg MOTD lines and defining the delay between messages"

How can I do that, I mean, literally ... how ? Where to go, what to do, etc.

Cheers, mate.

When you say "By editing the CONFIG_Vanila.cfg MOTD lines and defining the delay between messages"

How can I do that, I mean, literally ... how ? Where to go, what to do, etc.

Cheers, mate.

The first page on the Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server explains the locations of the files.

Editing is done with notepad, e.g assosciate .cfg with notepad

There is an example of the file I commented on in the first post too

If the messages you want to send to the players are things like your teamspeak details and the server rules etc, then a better way is to use the serverside addon that is also linked too on the first page of the tutorial thread.

This adds a section to the briefing automatically for every mission