Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Bohemia Interactive @ E3 2013 - DISCUSSION

Jay Crowe mentioned a SP game he is playing right now that is sick!!:) Did anyone here make out what the title of the game was?

Bioshock Infinite

No he said they had ambitious plans before. However atm there are no plans to improve medic system any further from what alpha got. Which is kinda disappointing.

He didn't said anything specific about the health system.

20+ minutes to A3 in stage 2.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/stage-2-day-2/

Edited by Smurf

Great presentation there guys, well done.

Jay Crowe said on the gamespot interview in response to "What platforms will Arma 3 release?" "Well... PC master race of course." LOL it was gold, the interviewer didn't know what to say!

All looked great, but no interesting news(although i didn't see the first 5-10 mins)

Edit.: Yeah that "PC Master race" was an epic comment xD

Jay Crowe said on the gamespot interview in response to "What platforms will Arma 3 release?" "Well... PC master race of course." LOL it was gold, the interviewer didn't know what to say!

Yep, I laughed out loud and cheered Jay on as he said that :) like a boss!

Major kudos to Bohemia. You guys are about the only ones representing PC solely at e3 and for a PC gamer, that means a lot. Thanks guys.

No news at all for us but for the general public it was good; No obvious bugs, just looking at the firing drill you can see the game is much more slick and you've shown a great amount of contenct in a short space of time. I was hoping for another peek at Altis but whatever.

Just got done watching the livefeed and there was really nothing new that they showed or talked about, that we haven't seen already. I did like the tritium night sights on the tavor. But the best thing I liked was the " Shoot House" Mission. As some one who is a Competition IDPA shooter iam going to have a lot of fun now. Just need to script a scoring and timing system.

But Cant wait till the 25th for BETA.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a scoring and timing script should be available. It was there at gamescom and last year's E3 when they showed firing drills

There were some Oculus Rift related news. Starts at 7:53. BIS has one Oculus Rift devkit and considering getting more but no official game support for it on release.

There were some Oculus Rift related news. Starts at 7:53. BIS has one Oculus Rift devkit and considering getting more but no official game support for it on release.

I was just going to mention that as well :p Very nice to hear that they at least have a devkit and are interested in implementing support for it! I really hope that they release it as soon as possible for the rest of us with devkits to try out ;) That will be sick!

Also, I didn't know that the ToH flightmodel cost about 10fps while operating it. That certainly changes things a bit, especially if the hit is on the CPU which massively affects viewdistance as well. Oh well, I still think that it is up to the players to decide if it's worth it or not, since it would be optional on servers/missions anyway. I'm sure many would still gladly make that sacrifice for proper handling. Hope to at least see something of a public prototype in the future!

Intrigued by the lack of news about the campaign but that it will be more simple like the OFP one. hmm....

Intrigued by the lack of news about the campaign but that it will be more simple like the OFP one. hmm....

more like OFP campaign is great news if you ask me OFP is one of my favorite games of all time

I think a scoring and timing script should be available. It was there at gamescom and last year's E3 when they showed firing drills

Thanks for the info, I will have to go looking for it now.

Thanks Smurf for the game name.

One thing that kinda stung was when he pretty much said that weapon resting is out.Using the weapon resting mod we have right now makes the game so much better that I cant enjoy the game now without it.The horrid recoil of the LMG is tamed yet its still not easy to take out targets at range.It makes fights have a very good feel to them that the normal prone recoils and the harsher recoil of crouch/standing is lacking IMO.Like I said its easier but you still need some skill to get lead onto targets.Now to actually see the bipod deploy with an animation for the weapons that have it would add icing on this cake but at the least just add in what the mod does as default so the game can be fun in all servers joined.

One thing that kinda stung was when he pretty much said that weapon resting is out.

I think he means it won't make final release but he hinted at the idea of making an "engine upgrade" DLC, Ivan has hinted at this idea too. Lets face it, we don't really need more weapons and vehicles... to quote Ivan.

I think he means it won't make final release but he hinted at the idea of making an "engine upgrade" DLC, Ivan has hinted at this idea too. Lets face it, we don't really need more weapons and vehicles... to quote Ivan.

at least, give us a command to stop weapon swaying!

Hey just wanted to report that I was at E3 today. Was able to meet the whole BI team (Thanks for the Arma 3 Shirt & Lanyards!). Was really awesome meeting Rocket and getting to see Beta and DayZ Standalone. Here is a link to my photos which include the BI booth and a couple blurry shots of rocket.

http://i.imgur.com/x1zKcT3.jpg (526 kB)

Edited by DrMayhemMD

Hey just wanted to report that I was at E3 today. Was able to meet the whole BI team (Thanks for the Arma 3 Shirt & Lanyards!). Was really awesome meeting Rocket and getting to see Beta and DayZ Standalone. Here is a link to my photos which include the BI booth and a couple blurry shots of rocket.

http://i.imgur.com/x1zKcT3.jpg (526 kB)

Some nice pics there mate.