Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Bohemia Interactive @ E3 2013 - DISCUSSION

I'm just so disappointed that BIS showed some complete and done (for me, as an amateur) tanks way back in mid 2011 and they still don't have a working interior. It's been two years since then and that's a pretty damn long time in game development.

Don't forget about that incident which made a development progressed forward slowly for nearly a half of year.

Well, I look forward to the first expansion (and you better put in a shitload of features BIS!)

I´m also curious to see if there will be additional features added with patches.

Don't forget about that incident which made a development progressed forward slowly for nearly a half of year.
And at least two months where DnA's main task was taking stock of "what is Arma 3 development after the prior project lead's departure".

Well, I look forward to the first expansion (and you better put in a shitload of features BIS!)

I´m also curious to see if there will be additional features added with patches.

That would be *kewl*. Or just what I expect to happen. If BIS doesn't have time to put most features till A3 drops to market then at least should release these in patches.

Sorry to say, but to me that's another bullshit excuse. I mean I'm happy to have Ivan and Martin back in the Czech Republic, but you make it sound like these 2 guys out of a 70 man team did all the work. Ivan now hops between A3 and DayZ (as I understand it) and I dunno what Martin does.

Even if BIS had to settle down and change the Terrain and scenery of the game doesn't mean that the tank interiors have to suffer because of that.

Quality instead of Quantity was BI's credo after OA, but I see neither of them.

It's been noticeable that Arma 3 had more problems than just the incident...

An upgrade of PhysX, DayZ exploded and a change of lead. Something went really bad last year....

Well if they didn't do the underwater stuff I'm sure we would have armored vehicle interiors. They would have had the money to hire a vehicle artist instead of terrain artists.

They would have had the money to hire a vehicle artist instead of terrain artists.

Really? You would like tank interiors more than Altis? i see what you did there :rolleyes:

Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if "the powers that be" wanted underwater more than "vehicle interiors"... I don't blame them one bit. :D

Yeah underwater is more like an aspect and vehicle interiors are more like detail only.

@Insanatrix

+1

100% acknowledged. Server-FPS FTW and Priority #1 as i guess Multiplayer is the Main-Core stuff for this game...!?

My tests with a lot of different settings led me to exact this conclusion too.

Everybody that likes to make/edit/host or play largescale Multiplayermissions should never stop bugging BIS until something happens.

Personally i've set a timeframe for myself, when to decide if i will go on or stop editing/hosting/supporting... and move on to other Games instead.

Edited by Blue1
forget something.

Stop Stop Stop about vehicle interiors, when i read the last three pages in this topic, there are only this news at E3 ? Damned....(^^) :yay:

Actually, there are very few units that have been created by community. We must wait the beta in order to give more functions, more optimisation (water surface, fly driving, rain impact, phyx and gameplay).

Great news for the players who will not go to the festival of music this friday :

Arma 3 â€@Arma3official 2 h

@AlauraLoveless Current plan is Beta staging on Development branch this Friday midday (Czech time zone)

(https://twitter.com/Arma3official)

Really? You would like tank interiors more than Altis? i see what you did there :rolleyes:

Who the hell talked about Altis?

Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if "the powers that be" wanted underwater more than "vehicle interiors"... I don't blame them one bit. :D

So you can use a mine detector underwater? Which, for anyone who used one, makes NO SENSE. Yep, underwater mechanics still need alot of work and its hard to have good quality animations for the characters when you don't use mo cap for them.

Comparing the size of Altis with the size of tank interior is just... out of place.

Comparing the size of Altis with the size of tank interior is just... out of place.

Wow I only spoke about the underwater terrain (present in Stratis and Altis) and everyone is bashing me for not wanting Altis (NOT TRUE). Nice word twisting.

Wow I only spoke about the underwater terrain (present in Stratis and Altis) and everyone is bashing me for not wanting Altis (NOT TRUE). Nice word twisting.

Sorry for misunderstood, I don't bashing You for not wanting the Altis. Who wouldn't wan't that pretty island? ;)

My respond was more towards RobertHammer, I should point that out. Generally to make the comparison of how big the island is and how big the model of the interior is compared to Altis.

I know that basically creating island is different thing than creating whole model in Oxygen.

Edited by fragmachine

Can we please keep this topic civil and on topic please.

Thanks

R0adki11

If BIS doesnt implement stuff like Deployable Bipods, better medical system, tank interiors etc. Then I do have to agree with HKFlash. I'd rather have all these small gameplay features instead of the underwater terrain on altis and stratis. I mean AFAIK these gameplay details have been more requested then underwater stuff.

I would rather have unpolished game with more features like walking inside vehicles, bipods, improved weather and surface simulation - that would add to game engine capabilities - then tweaks and optimisation could go along with it. But BI wants to make much more stable version of ArmA on release. Remember the ArmA I?

Hello everyone :)

It has been a week since the "Game Console 4 vs Motion sensor enhanced TV remote One" Expo has ended and with tomorrows dev branch BETA release and it's subsequent public release on the 25'th, this landmark thread, like all good things, must come to an end.

The BIF moderator team would like to thank you for your participation and exceptional behavior and invites you to post your feedback in the Development branch discussion thread and if you find new BI @E3 related news and media post it in the Bohemia Interactive @ E3 2013 - News and Media - NO DISCUSSION thread which will stay open for a while longer.

Thread closed.