Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Bohemia Interactive @ E3 2013 - DISCUSSION

After searching 2 year old threads, can some on point me in the right direction on how to make the moving pop up targets.

I was able to place them in the tracks but have no Idea on how to animate them, same goes for the Steel Targets.

Edited by sgt_Savage2003
Cant Spell

I think they looked decent at least. and i love their transport: the fennek reconnaissance vehicle with the green digi-camo. very cool! what didn't you like about them?

keep up the good work, bis!!! as said already: good show at e3. i think it was clear to everyone, that you really care for the game and the community!

Agree, the transport looks great - far better than the Hunter class in my opinion. Interested in seeing how the new MP mode plays out with the two factions possibly teaming up to fight of enemy advances until Chopper extract arrives. :)

Pity that they´re not greek anymore. The Armaverse is already flooded with fictional countries, by now we´re running out of feasible map space unless you put them right in the middle of the ocean :(

I like the new Uniforms, though. They look very much like the current US Army Uniform, so maybe we´re just one good retex and a couple of helmets away from 2015-ish US Army Units? The F-2000 is beautiful too, despite the COD camo job. We´ve not seen the merkava for about a year, apart from a wreck, maybe we´re close to seeing new MBTs? Or have we seen any glimpses on E3? I only saw the things that were already confirmed for beta.

Pity that they´re not greek anymore. The Armaverse is already flooded with fictional countries, by now we´re running out of feasible map space unless you put them right in the middle of the ocean :(

I like the new Uniforms, though. They look very much like the current US Army Uniform, so maybe we´re just one good retex and a couple of helmets away from 2015-ish US Army Units? The F-2000 is beautiful too, despite the COD camo job. We´ve not seen the merkava for about a year, apart from a wreck, maybe we´re close to seeing new MBTs? Or have we seen any glimpses on E3? I only saw the things that were already confirmed for beta.

They have already said no MBTs until full release :(

From a developer who has access to the engine code, curious information:

snbxf8i.png

I think Rocket may have been under pressure to address the concerns of some DayZ fans, his opinion of the capabilities and weakness of Arma 3 is thus probably exaggerated.

I think Rocket may have been under pressure to address the concerns of some DayZ fans, his opinion of the capabilities and weakness of Arma 3 is thus probably exaggerated.

Enough with courteous synonyms, either he lied or he didn´t, which one is it. ArmA 3 either better performs or is worse than arma 2 when handling more players and more AI. So far the only developer statement i have is that one, that says its worse.

Every cpu performance related topic is being closed because they know major performance issues wont be addressed, and they want to keep this silenced. Alpha will end in a couple of weeks, i wonder what will be the excuse then.

Edited by white

Since the AI in Arma3 are still pretty much the same as Arma2, I'm not why it would support less of them. DayZ will definitely support more zombies due to the simplified AI routines, but that's not quite the same thing.

He is right about DayZ being more of a new engine than Arma3 though. They rewrote significant parts of the core engine for DayZ (authoritative server networking, handling of inventory items as objects etc.), while Arma3 is still pretty much the same at its core.

EDIT: And I see this is turning into a discussion about supposed lies and performance conspiracy theories again. That stops now.

Edited by MadDogX

Since the AI in Arma3 are still pretty much the same as Arma2, I'm not why it would support less of them. DayZ will definitely support more zombies due to the simplified AI routines, but that's not quite the same thing.

Ask Rocket, as a developer he probably knows a lot more than you. Like your description says, i´m not about to debate a mindless fanboy.

Edited by white

What i would love to see in DayZ is that if you are wearing a motor helmet, you cannot drink or eat unless you take off the helmet. Sounds stupid but i think it would increase gameplay to be honest.

The thing is that Rocket's remarks are basically consistent with what we've already heard about Arma 3 "versus" DayZ... of course "Arma 3"/Real Virtuality 4 "is far less of a new engine than DayZ because DayZ has far greater changes in it than ArmA3", it's been two years since the Arma 3 reveal! And the main public difference for "the DayZ branch of RV3" (Arma 2 -> Take On Helicopters -> DayZ) is the client-server architecture change anyway, a difference so great that it was outright ruled out for Arma 3... there's not even smoke (much less fire) to be found in Rocket's remarks.

The thing is that Rocket's remarks are basically consistent with what we've already heard about Arma 3 "versus" DayZ... of course "Arma 3"/Real Virtuality 4 "is far less of a new engine than DayZ because DayZ has far greater changes in it than ArmA3", it's been two years since the Arma 3 reveal! And the main public difference for "the DayZ branch of RV3" (Arma 2 -> Take On Helicopters -> DayZ) is the client-server architecture change anyway, a difference so great that it was outright ruled out for Arma 3... there's not even smoke (much less fire) to be found in Rocket's remarks.

Yes i understand the huge difference between ArmA 3/2 engine and the new developments on the engine for Dayz, read again what i posted and pay attention to what has been underlined, the relevant comparison was between ArmA 3 and ArmA 2, forget about DayZ.

I think rocket said right. ArmA 3 will be possible to support less players and less AIs than A2 due its gigantic map size.

Any way, "LESS" what rocket mention may be referred as: 300 players + 1000 AIs at the sametime -> 200 players + 500 AIs ;)

I think rocket said right. ArmA 3 will be possible to support less players and less AIs than A2 due its gigantic map size.

Any way, "LESS" what rocket mention may be referred as: 300 players + 1000 AIs at the sametime -> 200 players + 500 AIs ;)

so less means more and no means yes.

Guys, this is going way off topic. If you want to discuss the number of players and AI Arma3 supports in multiplayer, I suggest creating a thread in the MP subforum.

As for any information revealed on Reddit, note that this the E3 discussion thread, therefore not the place for that either.

After searching 2 year old threads, can some on point me in the right direction on how to make the moving pop up targets.

I was able to place them in the tracks but have no Idea on how to animate them, same goes for the Steel Targets.

Here you go buddy!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?156778-Script-Moving-Target&p=2414509#post2414509

I for one really like the new Green faction and their green :rolleyes: uniforms.

i dont say i dont like them, im just not impressed by the models. might be because i expected greek resistance fighters with some style we havent seen before. on the otherside they said that this is the first part only of the green faction, so maybe they keep the best for the full release.

i dont say i dont like them, im just not impressed by the models. might be because i expected greek resistance fighters with some style we havent seen before. on the otherside they said that this is the first part only of the green faction, so maybe they keep the best for the full release.

Yup, it's quite possible that the "greens" will have both an army and freedom fighters. Since the latter have already been shown on screenshots (years ago), I would say this is as good as confirmed.

Yup, it's quite possible that the "greens" will have both an army and freedom fighters. Since the latter have already been shown on screenshots (years ago), I would say this is as good as confirmed.

I can confirm there are textures in the games character pbo for freedom fighter equipment, so definitely more to come

With all this balancing talk I was getting worried that there wouldn't be a low-tech guerrilla faction because they'd want each group to be a match for the next, but it wouldn't be Arma without a resistance.

With all this balancing talk I was getting worried that there wouldn't be a low-tech guerrilla faction because they'd want each group to be a match for the next, but it wouldn't be Arma without a resistance.

Do you mean something like this? :icon_twisted: