Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Bohemia Interactive @ E3 2013 - DISCUSSION

The interview with Jay Crowe was good, I just watched it. Some nice showcase were shown and I'm especially looking to play the Blue & Green defence of Kamino MP mission.

About the campaign, the less we know, the better it is. I don't want to be spoiled about it.

Edited by Papanowel

Yeah, I enjoyed the interview with Jay. Seeing the passion for the PC from him and the advantages to it was reaffirming. DayZ doesn't look bad, it looks like more focus was put into the technical aspects of it and getting it to operate how they need it to for the type of game that it is. Also Take on Mars definitely looks interesting.

@2:50: No railguns?

I hope it's still in, it was kind of an interesting bit of future tech.

I agree, just finishing up Jays interview. Very open, a bit of philosophy in the mix too :) I also liked his open way of talking about the team, and the key word of "balance" IE "balance in terms of Arma" ... says it all really. Also the the open chat about Oculus Rift was good to clarify it.

Nice one Jay, very good interview, beta looks great. The CQB test shooting arena really gives over the feel of animations for someone like me who hasn't got involved with the games alpha/beta.

Also as a side note is jay suffering from Benjamin Button syndrome? He just seemed allot younger than I thought in that video :)

He looks like he's been mainlining coffee and beer for the past couple of days ;)

@2:50: No railguns?

Yes, not railguns, but coilguns. Check configs for some interesting ammo with typical speeds of 3000 and 6000.

Coilguns are basically railguns. Instead of rails, they used switching magnetic coils to accelerate the projectile. In scifi parlance they are usually called "mass drivers".

They use less power than railguns, and you can probably miniaturize power sources for these, something you can´t do for railguns. The problem is the massive amount of strain put on the gun each time a round is fired, since the coils will be trying to tear themselves free of their mountings every time you put power on them, since they not only attract/repel the projectile, they also repel and attract each other as the shot is fired.

Gauss rifle in Arma? T-100 with gauss - agree.

I imagine how it looks and hears on new sound and graphic engines when you march somewhere. Good expirience, probably.

Edited by Anachoretes

I just watched the take on mars floor demo again and I must say I want that game :) The nerd in me is strong with this one. Also I notice the scenario structure and the space program type of campaign (ish) and that sold it for me. Really impressive for what it covers, after seeing the mods you KNOW people need to get together and create "Robot Wars" MP competitions in this :)

Just watched the Jay Crowe A3 interview, really enjoyed it. Thanks!

Cant wait for beta!

I just watched the take on mars floor demo again and I must say I want that game :) The nerd in me is strong with this one. Also I notice the scenario structure and the space program type of campaign (ish) and that sold it for me. Really impressive for what it covers, after seeing the mods you KNOW people need to get together and create "Robot Wars" MP competitions in this :)

Is this just the youtube video or is there e3 footage of someone playing the game?

What PC Gamers Were Thinking During E3

h691004C5

So true^^

Is this just the youtube video or is there e3 footage of someone playing the game?

On the E3 livestream there was a bit of the actual game, showing mission control, and the rover building lab (you can combine rover parts together based on the available budget), which can then be taken for a test spin on earth before the actual mars mission. If i understood correctly the game will be 10 bucks and release at the end of july

does anyone have a link to a Take On Mars demo apart from the trailer? Can't find anything on youtube...

does anyone have a link to a Take On Mars demo apart from the trailer? Can't find anything on youtube...

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/livecam-tour-day-2/

Start at 18m with DayZ, then A3 and finally TkoM (~@50m.)

I must say, wasn't too confident on the game but by what they shown there isn't that "useless". At $13, sounds good.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/livecam-tour-day-2/

Start at 18m with DayZ, then A3 and finally TkoM (~@50m.)

I must say, wasn't too confident on the game but by what they shown there isn't that "useless". At $13, sounds good.

Yepp, ToM looks actually quite nice. But Mars? *cough* there is no Mars without *cough* Olympus Mons *cough*

Just think of it, Olympus Mons + those armed rovers => ultimate "King of the Hills" :rolleyes:

I have to give a big round of applause to the devs after watching some of those E3 videos. Usually when you watch demos/E3 presentations it feels like a marketing session with a lot of pandering to the popular demographics, but the BIS ones all seem very earnest and down to earth. It was especially nice to see Jay Crowe talking about community issues that we've discussed here on the forums.

I have to give a big round of applause to the devs after watching some of those E3 videos. Usually when you watch demos/E3 presentations it feels like a marketing session with a lot of pandering to the popular demographics, but the BIS ones all seem very earnest and down to earth. It was especially nice to see Jay Crowe talking about community issues that we've discussed here on the forums.

here here

really looking forward to the beta with some new stuff but am i the only one who isnt impressed very much with the green faction units they showed in the defense mission?

really looking forward to the beta with some new stuff but am i the only one who isnt impressed very much with the green faction units they showed in the defense mission?

I think they looked decent at least. and i love their transport: the fennek reconnaissance vehicle with the green digi-camo. very cool! what didn't you like about them?

keep up the good work, bis!!! as said already: good show at e3. i think it was clear to everyone, that you really care for the game and the community!