Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Bohemia Interactive @ E3 2013 - DISCUSSION

Arma 3 is on the schedule Day 2, Wednesday June 12 at 5:20pm on stage 2 :)

GMT?

ill be finished work by then.

Gamespot guy said he will get South Hall tomorrow and spent there whole day.

No more like people come and ask questions that are answered every month and they are still not satisfied with hearing the exactly same answer every time.

The question "will DayZ SA have singleplayer campaign" takes the prize though in how unnecessary it was.

And unfortunately it will be the same on E3. Instead of asking devs what is really important to real ArmA fans - livestreamers will be asking the most common questions in the chat made by people who couldn't care less about ArmA.

Calling it now:

"Will you optimize the game so it runs on my Pentium 2?" (not a single presentation can go without this token stupid question)

"Will ArmA3 come out on consoles?" (same)

"When is DayZ coming out?" (on ArmA3 stream)

"Will there be DLCs?" (even though the game is months away from release)

And so called "game journalists" themselves won't ask the right questions (you know... weapon resting, improved medic system instead of 5 second heals, campaign design, effect of wind and rain on bullets, planned improvements to high command and AI and dozens of other really important questions) simply because they are not gamers, just hired people to do the job a la big channel TV news.

Do you even happen to realize that the journalists of a Czech media have translated on the fly during their live cast for their audience, who supposed to be Czech? Don't you think it is a bit ungrateful to invade some chat, be treated like a good guest while the host tries to make all questions answered, and then just say there were wrong questions? Do you even realize that the question you have pointed out are right the questions for their standard audience? They have given their best effort and you gave them not even a credit here, the only thing you can possibly give them for their work.

Surely not... are you forgetting the Alpha part. Maybe we will see the flight model in the E3 beta and Damu said last year it will be in the final game.

If I recall correctly, one of the devs mentioned on the pre-E3 livestream last week that the ToH flight model will not show up in Beta, but possibly hopefully some time after release of the full game. It is understandable that this is not a very high priority at the moment though. They are still tweaking the current standard feel to steering helicopters in the Alpha, and I remember a dev commenting earlier this year on how almost ridiculously complicated and timeconsuming it is to create convincing ToS-style flightmodel to just a single helicopter.

As long as they say it is still on their to-do list, I'm happy :D BIS are known to add awesome stuff like this to their games over time.

Ah sounds good to me Mr. Bravo, clears it up nicely. I unfortunately haven't had time to watch all of the Live Stream yet. I would love to see it in at some point; doesn't matter how long it takes.

So Take on Mars was no joke. yes, im not interested in this type of game, but the real question is, are there enough people who will buy this. i dont think so. just want the best for BIS;-)

So Take on Mars was no joke. yes, im not interested in this type of game, but the real question is, are there enough people who will buy this. i dont think so. just want the best for BIS;-)

You never know. I know there's a lot of people messing around with Kerbal Space Program for example, which seems to be something like it. Throw in mod-support and I'm sure people will find all kinds of crazy stuff to do with it.

The game also doesn't have to sell millions of copies in order to be successful. Take On Helicopters wasn't exactly aiming for a huge audience either. It completely depends on how much BIS spent on developing it and what they're planning to do with it later on. As already mentioned, things they made for ToH now also ends up in A3, both technology and content. It could help paying the bills during development of other bigger projects, while establishing new game series at the same time and keeping developers busy and a growing team. I'm sure there are some clever thoughts behind this.

But yea, this is not really my cup of tea either to be honest. I got my eyes on nothing but A3 this year :icon_twisted: My body needs it!

If it had a rearmed thing like TOH did I bet it could be interesting. Imagine: napalming Mons Olympus with a Vietnam mod followed by an assault on the Iranian position there by the Long Range Desert Group, accidently destroying Voyager!

Floaty space physics really doesn't sound that bad, though part of the huge success of Kerbal space program is the fact that you can build your own space ship and come out with a variety of results ranging from good to hilariously awful.

In fact creation can play a HUGE amount to replay value of a game, even if you have no particular objective, minecraft being a perfect example, amazingly simple and yet its exploration and construction makes it oddly engaging.

Edited by NodUnit

If it had a rearmed thing like TOH did I bet it could be interesting. Imagine: napalming Mons Olympus with a Vietnam mod followed by an assault on the Iranian position there by the Long Range Desert Group, accidently destroying Voyager!

I'm sorry, but I rarley see people with the same name as me :D

i will post 1st E3 DayZ Gameplay in Media Thread, check it out ;)

Take On Mars,

I think if it's a less cartoony type of Kerbal with orbits, gravity and rocketry etc, then it will do pretty well.

I'm not to impressed with the E3 footage of dayZ standalone. But only time will tell.

From Page 10:

Arma 3 is on the schedule Day 2, Wednesday June 12 at 5:20pm on stage 2 :)
I'm not to impressed with the E3 footage of dayZ standalone. But only time will tell.
Well, it is "harder" for the "Arma 2.5" engine to look good when RV4/Arma 3 is so much more publicly visible now... :D And frankly that is why even the DayZ players who were willing to "go their separate ways from Arma" with the standalone were asking about the engine difference since the graphics difference (not just in GUI) is so stark.

Hum, take on mars, does that means that we will be able to "accidentally" draw a gentleman sausage on the surface of the red planet as well?

BIS are a business that has survived for some time and learned a lot of lessons. I'm sure they have gone with Take On Mars for good financial reasons. If it gives a profit, that will indirectly aid Arma3. Since it's probably effectively a mod of ToH, the development costs probably weren't that much. I'm curious, but not particularly interested. Add zombies and I'm sure the (lowest common denominator) masses will follow.

It's actually built on the Carrier Command engine and originated from modding results the project lead, Martin, put in the game

BIS are a business that has survived for some time and learned a lot of lessons. I'm sure they have gone with Take On Mars for good financial reasons. If it gives a profit, that will indirectly aid Arma3. Since it's probably effectively a mod of ToH, the development costs probably weren't that much. I'm curious, but not particularly interested. Add zombies and I'm sure the (lowest common denominator) masses will follow.

The fact that it costs €9,99 just goes to show that probably not all that many hours were spent on making it. I'm sure all the devs are dedicating all the time required in improving Arma III without losing too many hours dedicated to 'TOM' (Take on Mars :)

they said a few weeks in the livestream they could have said the next month would have been easier