Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Bohemia Interactive @ E3 2013 - DISCUSSION

Take... on... mars... damn... i thought it might be some crazy racing strange game... and we've got full sim.

Edited by Byku

I am hoping that "Take on Mars" is based on the RV engine, will be nice to fly a helicopter on Mars. :D

Take On Mars? Another game nobody is going to play

Also doesn't look like RV at all. More like Black Element's engine if anything.

Another game nobody is going to play.

Funnily, this is same exact thing people were saying when BI were making Ofp. :D

I dunno, but if Kerbal space program can be popular maybe this will find its niche.

Looks very cool.

I struggled to fly in Take On: Helicopters, will be intersting to to see how I get on with a mars lander.

I like it very much.... and I know a lot of other people liking it too. :D

Count me among them.

Sure there are a few scientists who would like to practice getting the landers down before doing the real thing too.

No trees, great FPS, what's not to like. :)

Funnily, this is same exact thing people were saying when BI were making Ofp. :D

There is a huge difference. You cannot compare a full milsim game with a "toy" to play maybe a couple of days before it starts to become boring.

Really i don't want to be rude, but it is totally a waste of time and resources. Please better put those developers to work full time in ArmA 3, which it's still needing a lot of work and there are many many interesting petitions from users to improve it.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF hell yeah, Mars

That is so bought. I hope this will include actual topographical simulation of mars, as well as the abillity to mod planets and plugins compatible with programs like Celestia. So what exactly will this be, "run a mars mission" simulator?

There is a huge difference. You cannot compare a full milsim game with a "toy" to play maybe a couple of days before it starts to become boring.

Really i don't want to be rude, but it is totally a waste of time and resources. Please better put those developers to work full time in ArmA 3, which it's still needing a lot of work and there are many many interesting petitions from users to improve it.

Bit narrow minded, what if they use it develop the RV engine a little more like with Take On Helis?

Better physics and particles can be possible benefits for starters.

A more focused game can allow it's devs to focus more on what goes on behind the scenes also.

Except it's not RV engine at all.

And as for Take On Heli's example - its FM isn't in ArmA3 despite the initial promises.

And as for Take On Heli's example - its FM isn't in ArmA3 despite the initial promises.

Yep, but a lot of it's visual improvements are. ;)

Take on : Mars :confused:

it's sound like some kind of terrain generator (random seed) technology?

May be ArmA4 will have this, too. :D No more single static map, but generate on the fly, and unlimited map size!

Take on Submarines next ? Or perhaps a DLC (hint hint !)

Take On Animal Husbandry I bet! Should be interesting.

Wonder if we'll have to math wizard the landings via per-programmed thruster bursts or manually fly them or something?

Im on it, question 1 asked!

Aww, it doesnt look like BI are going to be on the stream today, camera guy is in the west hall and BI are in the south hall.

Edited by CannonousCrash

Surely not... are you forgetting the Alpha part. Maybe we will see the flight model in the E3 beta and Damu said last year it will be in the final game.