Sign in to follow this  
COMMANDOBLACK

No multiplayer

Maybe you guys can help me. I bought the supporters version of the game and I am having trouble playing MP games now. This happened right after I had to reinstate my operating system. I re installed Steam and re downloaded Arma 3 but had no MP now. What could be the problem here? It is under my name, it shows that I have purchased the supporter's edition, but it will not find a MP game for me. So any help would be welcome guys. Thanks.

That question should go in the troubleshooting section, but are you on dev branch?

Yes I am. I've also checked on the regular stable version and I can not find anything there too. I've went through all of the filters and still no dice. I'm wondering could I have ended up downloading one of the light versions by mistake. But I can not tell if it is light or not?

Edited by COMMANDOBLACK

Posts moved to where they belong. Please do not derail threads in the future :).

(Possible solutions below are in no particular order, just whatever I think of trying first, feel free to try the quickest ones first)

First thing to do, verify game cache by going into the properties in steam and clicking verify game cache. That will make sure you have no corrupted files.

Secondly try changing between Dev and Stable build. If there was an error updating from one to the other, changing back and forth should fix that.

Third, make a new soldier, perhaps your current profile has something wrong with it and making a new one may fix it.

If you originally used an Alpha Lite key before purchase, check to make sure you didn't re-install the Lite version of the game as it has no multiplayer support. It should be listed in your steam library with two entries one labeled arma 3 alpha and the other arma 3 alpha lite.

One quick way to check, is to go into the mission editor place a player down then try to save the mission. The alpha lite does not allow saving, if you can save you are using the correct version.

You can also try to join a server using Play WithSIX http://play.withsix.com/

Other than that, are you able to elaborate a little on your issue? Are you not able to join any servers, are there no servers at all, are you unable to see the server listing, do any errors pop up, are using or have any mods installed/turned on?

If all else fails, you can create a post on the feedback site http://feedback.arma3.com/