Sign in to follow this  
Michaelp800

[Suggestion] Throttle - Steps from 1-0 on Keyboard

I've found a similar thread, but not exactly that what I'm looking for.

I play TOH with the keyboard. Easy steps from 1(2,3.....)-0 would be very helpful. 1 is throttle 0, 5 is medium, 0 is 100%. At the moment it's very hard to see the throttle on the instruments. With keys from 1 to 0 it's easier to find a perfect throttle with keyboard.

Ty.

Well you know, why struggle with a keyboard? Why not buy a joystick?

Especially now that prices are very low. There are so many good and cheap joysticks. For example one that I personally suggest is Logiteck Attack G3 which is great since it has the throttle in the right position, it is not expensive and it has got enough on board buttons so as to do the job. Also the in flight control that you will be having will be astonishing and extremely better than when using the keyboard. You will be trilled.

And with just a bit more funds you can easily acquire pedals. This way you will simulate flight more realistically.

P.S. Not trying to be smart, just trying to help.:)

Logiteck Attack G3

I have exactly that one. :D

But I don't wanna play everytime with the controller. So there should be an easy handle for keyboard users too.

BTW: In TOH the chopper reacts very sensitive (e.g. Microsoft Flight Simulator is much better to handle).

Now that is some serious coincidence.:cool:

And I believe that I can provide you with a solution for your problem. It is not that the game is very sensitive, it is the controller's settings that are kind of "malfunctioning". You must press on the menu section, settings, controls, controller and then choose your controller. After you have done so you will see some columns which will help you. You must lessen the sensitivity of your controller as much as you like and also lessen the dead zone of your controller.

I had personally got the same problem with the sensitivity. I altered the settings and it greatly patched things up. I could finally land and maneuver my chopper as I wished, after some serious practice of course. It was a perfect feeling I must say. I thought that I was just not meant to be flying helicopters which was quite disappointing. A huge relief back then.

Last but not least in FSX it has some cool helicopter missions and I have personally played them all more than once. The problem is that it ain't as realistic as TOH.

Best Luck!

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast