Sign in to follow this  
burdy

[COOP I44] The Day Of Days + Night of Nights (Persistent Normandy missions)

the_longest_day.jpg

The Day of Days (1-58)

An Invasion 1944 CooP mission spanning the Normandy Map. You land on the beaches, secure the defenses, and move inland and take out key objectives. Comes with two versions - one where you spawn on your squad Leader, and one where you do not.

Night Of Nights (1-67)

An Invasion 1944 CooP mission that starts you in England the night before the drop, where you must run to the flagpole at your camp, warp to an airfield of your choosing, and get in a plane. From there you will fly to Normandy and drop into Normandy and complete a variety of objectives going well into D+1. Note - There is purposely not a drop script included so you must coordinate your own drops!

Both Missions end when all zones turn blue (are secured)

Night Of Nights -Public Version- (1-67)

Tweaked version of the mission above for better gameplay in public play (and those who use conflicting mods that cause the C47's to crash upon takeoff). This time around, you spawn in the C47's, nearing the Normandy Coast instead of on the ground in England. Also, new spawn mechanism added where when St. Laurent is Blue, every Allied Spawn point that was spread out across Normandy is moved to a resupply point with ammo and vehicles (Spawns are spread out again when you lose the point though, so hold on to the town!)

NOTES

- Both Missions are made with DAC and completely dynamic. Lag is at a minimal (minus the Night of Nights drop- FPS drops for a little due to the massive scale of the drop)

- Missions made for Dedicated Server usage - cant guarantee stability locally hosted

- Please report all issues, as both missions are still not 100% complete in terms of bugs and stability.

KNOWN ISSUES

- Every 15-20 times I have played through Night of Nights, 2 c47's will collide while flying. I have no idea why this happens, but it does every once in awhile. If you are either of those planes, just respawn and you will be placed somewhere in Normandy. This is a rare issue, but it does rarely happen.

- Sometimes enemies do not engage you (at all), if this happens, abort the server and rejoin (only found this issue on dedicated servers)

- DAC Init error sometimes pops up (Zone names not correct) - I believe this is due to Caching (could not find a zone name error), and it does not effect gameplay in anyway.

- Caching units sometimes leads to zones turning blue when they should be red. This is minor and fixes itself (to display an accurate reading) when a player is within 1200-1500 Meters of the town.

DOWNLOAD LINK (1.083)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21007

CREDITS

- Brecourt and a few other emplacements in the map are from the I44 Missions.

- DAC

- FaaT Artillery

- JIP Fast Time

- Numerous scripts from I44 missions

- CEP Caching

- GeneralCarvar's Multiplayer Distance Draw + Grass Module.

VERSION

1.0 - initial release

1.01 - Updated DAC Script

1.02 - More updates to the DAC script (mainly more enemies)

1.03 - More Tweaks to the DAC (fixed a spawn error for all), Added Upsmon to defenses, Stronghold Baker Tweaked, AA section 1 tweak

1.04 - Added hand placed AI defenses in towns, polished DAC, added a few more objects, Removed Upsmon (caused crashing and in general did not work as well as just putting down hand placed AI), *Added Night of Nights Pub version*

1.06 - *Biggest Update yet* Added CEP Caching, Polished objects, Reworked Trigger system, Reworked DAC (more enemies, more intelligent spawns, etc), added GeneralCarver's Multiplayer Draw Distance + Grass script, Reworked Night of Nights takeoff system (Should now work with any mod), and a few more things I can not remember at this moment. DAC enemies should now also be able to call in mortar support.

1.061 - Quick DAC fix for Day of Days

1.07 - AI now call in artillery strikes, Tweaked DAC a bit, Changed a little in the caching script, During all versions of Night of Nights - when you capture St. Laurent all allied spawns move to the resupply point, edited the .pbo file names so both versions of Night of Nights are called the appropriate name, and a few other little things

1.08 - Tweaked DAC Arty, Removed CB's Caching (prevented some DAC zones from spawning.. Big issue) and replaced it with -eutf-myke's caching.

1.081 - DAC Tweaks, DAC Arty Tweaks (Believe it to be 100% working now), and a few small changes

1.082 - Small DAC tweaks. Should be a lot more combat with little FPS loss

1.083 - Added fpsmanager.fsm (from Arma3's Dynamic War mission by zorrobyte) .. Should work, thank you zorrobyte for the help ;)

Mission by Burdy (Burdick 101st)

Enjoy!

FUTURE WORK

I plan on converting the missions to a defend Normandy type mission (play as the Germans defending Normandy), and a Bastonge/Market Garden type version on Merderet (winter and spring time versions of the map respectively - maybe German and American versions for each as well). Stay Tuned ;)

USER PICS

mc3v9l.jpg

1sy734.jpg

Edited by Burdy

Thank You! Also, just edited the download link to include a version of "Night of Nights" that has a slightly tweaked DAC script for hopefully less lag, you may want to update the link on the repository, Gunter

Edit - 1:50 AM , another update, tweaked DAC on all of them a bit

Edited by Burdy

Welcome.

is it possible for you to have 2 separate links?, as I had setup on the MR a download for both missions separately.

the longest day mission with 2 versions I had zipped together for 1 download and the other by itself.

it would take me less time to update the links on the site then to have to reopen and separate the files, then repack, reupload, and relist.

Someone host this so I can play it! Looks amazing!

It is played quite reguarly on the 101st Easy Company I44 servers ;)

and link updated, Gunter

Thanks Burdy.

Its hosted on the Mission repository, a website that specifically hosts all Arma2CO WW2 mods, and Iron Front Missions.

New update released - once again tweaked the Script a bit

everytime i play the night of nights the c47's crash

and when i mean crash i mean just fall out of the sky engines do not work.

Edited by gutiarhero814

everytime i play the night of nights the c47's crash

and when i mean crash i mean just fall out of the sky engines do not work.

Really? Never had that issue... playing with any other mods?

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Also - v1.02 is out. Update !! ;)

using jsrs, acre blastcore asr ai

Try disabling ASR AI

Is single player possible?

For Day of Days, yes.

Also, would anybody know how to add Headless Client to the mission? Looking into it atm

v1.03 is out.

INCLUDES MAJOR FIXES. UPGRADE TO 1.03 IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES BEFORE REPORTING AGAIN.

v1.04 Is now out. Seems every update brings new bugs to fix :P

*1.06 out. Large update - main post updated

Sorry bout this but have to post - quick 1.061 Hotfix released - fixes a DAC spawn bug that I missed

Just the mission i've been wanting, thanks for posting this, so awesome, keep on it!

After a few minutes on the night of nights, (after we parachuted and meet up with allies) the game goes unbelievably dark (Pitch Black) and there is nothing we can do about it. I am going to unpack the mission and change the time to fix this. Do you know if that is a time issue or what?

it gets dark for a short amount of time due to the Fast Time Script

EDIT : Fixed up the sentence - was busy when I typed it and it looked odd :P. But anyway - I personally enjoy the night moments where its pitch black. it's short, but long enough to give the player a sense of "Where am I, its really dark and there could be dudes anywhere around me"

EDIT 2 : Update 1.07 is out now, update your missions!

Edited by Burdy

We also had a problem, players were getting different times (Like for one player, it was day. For another, it was night.)

I am updating now however, hopefully it works, we all enjoy this mission :)

We also had a problem, players were getting different times (Like for one player, it was day. For another, it was night.)

I am updating now however, hopefully it works, we all enjoy this mission :)

Haha well you see - the JIP time syncs every few minutes. Basically the different times for players corrects itself in a matter of minutes - try the stock mission next time you all have the chance and you will see :)

Also , tomorrow I plan on releasing a battle of the bulge conversion of the persistent mission. I ensure that it will be quite the mission ;) . I also plan on releasing a small patch as well for night of nights/day of days to fix up some of the DAC artillery, and a few other little DAC things. Stay tuned!

1.08 is out - big update in terms of getting everything working :) and the BoTB version is coming along nicely!! Touching up on it as we speak