Sign in to follow this  
mariodu62

How to disabling squad leader spot function

Is there a way to disabling the spotting function of the squad leader (player)?

I try autospot off, but it doesn't work.

This function is worst than a wall hack but i'm sure it's because i don't know how to disable it.

Yes this is really bothers me too.

The squad leader taking information on exact enemy positions from the members (i.e. "INFANTRY 400m 10'o'clock")-without the players/members actually see the enemy-and then he can assign the info as "Red rectangles"

This..is major exploit/legal cheat..and the reason i stopped for now playing large PvP battles in some servers.

I really hope there will be a way for mission maker to tweak this..

It's not a cheat at all. It's an estimation and is not at all accurate. When target gets assigned, the red box shows where he thinks it is. For example, if an enemy is walking and he walks behind a wall,, the red box will continue moving along the wall, but the enemy could stop or change directions and the box will continue it's original course. But once you or your leader see's that he is not there or that he is somewhere else then the box will change to his new VISIBLE location.

There are other things to account for too. They can't program every type of orders or senetences. So that red box makes up for talking. He can't tell you every change the enemy makes. So that red box can represent communication that is missing from the game. For example. He calls out an enemy like in real life, no red box. Then you ask him where, or which direction he's going, maybe your leader tells you that he saw the enemy go prone, or walk behind a wall. That red box moving down the wall when you can't see him basically represents him telling you to expect him to come around the other side of the wall.

You can also get assigned phantom enemies hundreds of meters away from the fight. Those are the bad commands that need fixed.

But the bottom line; The red target box represents communication and peripheral vision that is not possible with the game. Similar to enabling crosshairs. Some guns have a huge crosshair because it's more of an estimation of real life responses that the game can't reproduce.

And the AI are bound by this also. Try switching to them. Once they start shooting at you, hide and or move somewhere else, then switch to one of the enemy guys trying to kill you. You will see that red box where they think you are or where they last saw you.

But now that I bored you, I don't know how to disable that stuff. Maybe try disabling some hud info. Or see if it happens at the extreme most difficulty. If it's gone, then look at whats disabled and try those options.

I hope that helped