Sign in to follow this  
Satchel

Default Ammunition loadout in OFP.

It has been discussed already, just want to make sure this point is not forgotten.

The default ammo loadout for an infantry soldiers in Flashpoint is for wartime situations overall to low or not appropiate.

For infantry it should be by default somewhere around:

03_03_weapon_01.jpg

Every Soldier with an assault rifle:

5.56mmX45mm calibre (M16/CAR-15/G36/STEYR): 180 rounds (6 clips-1 loaded, 5 in pouches)

6 mags with each 30X 5.56mm catridges weight around: 3Kg.

mp5sd_r3_c2.gif

Black Ops all variants, MP5SD:

9mmx19mm calibre (MP5SD): 300 rounds (10 clips-1 loaded, 9 in pouches and Rucksack)

10 mags with each 30x 9mm catridges weight around:

5kg

Standard loadout for Handgrenades: 6

weight around: 2,5 Kg

Standard loadout for 40mm underbarrelled M203 GL: 10

weight around: 2,5kg

Same goes ofcourse for the eastern side.

(Edited by Satchel at 2:08 am on Nov. 10, 2001)

the realism of the loadouts depends of what sort of situation you play

so , somebody must create a realistic infantry addon

it's only a small detail but it has his importance

Thats correct, loadout always depends on the mission. But there are standard guidelines for an armed conflict, or war, as we are facing it in OFP.

This is where the standard loadout of 4 magazines and 6 grenades is not sufficent.

Yes, of course you can always trade in grenades for magazines and vice versa, but that doesn´t do the trick.

I´m suggesting a 6 magazine loadout AND 6 grenades, not a 6 magazine OR 6 grenades configuration.

It´s about 5 kg on ammunition to carry, so no great deal, especially as soldiers only wear a lightly configured Load Bearing Harness without Rucksack.

It´s just a very minor thing BIS would need to edit.

not big weight not big weight........ during my service , my protection jacket , my helmet , and the special cases , it's not very heavy , but it's boring to carry it during 10 kilometers of walk

When I did my service we would have 4 mags for our G3 plus 80-100 rounds in our rucksack.  But 7.62 weights alot more than 5.56..

OOPS.. somehow the LAST page of posts came up.. This was old as h*ll..