Sign in to follow this  
daveallen10

Snipers need extra Realism tweaks

A good shooter wouldn't have sway weather it is deployed on bipods or rested on a small bean bag, Some snipers prefere not to use the bipod as the closer the weapon is to the floor the more stable it is, I know some snipers have made shots up to 1.5-2.0 using only a few folded socks loosely taped together to create a soft bag.

You cannot snipe stood up less you have a good set of sticks, or an increadibly light weapon, muscle fatigue would cause the sight picture to move a lot.

There are many ways to crouch when using precision weapons, and some crouched positions are as steady as prone if executed correctly.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

These two games are incredibly different and set in two different times. The designers of RO have factored in the effects of the weapons, bullets ect and no body armour, where as Bis has factored in the same but with body armour, not many Soldier go to war without Armour in todays conflicts.

1) False. Every shooter has sway. Whether it is on the ground, a pistol, kneeling or not. The second a human being touches the rifle, some movement is involved...usually caused by breathing. With trigger control & breath control you can eliminate some movement for a period of 'X' seconds.

2) The only kneel/crouched position that can be as close to steady as prone is the modified sitting position. Even then, prone is the most stable.

3)The OP is mentioning two things: A) Shooters should not be able to carry a LARGE sniper rifle, pop down into the kneeling and fire an accurate shot in 5 seconds. B) Balancing sniper rifles so that not EVERYONE is inclined to use them.

It seems that on every wasteland server everyone has the same mission. Find a Sniper or rifle, attach a scope (preferibly SOS) and snipe away. I feel like you see less and less of the 'grunt' troops in the game.

As I said before, that's probably from "sniping is cool so I want to snipe in-game even when that's not the most viable option". :rolleyes: Let me tell you that having even a SMG has saved me and my battle buddy more than once.

1) False. Every shooter has sway.

2) The only kneel/crouched position that can be as close to steady as prone is the modified sitting position. Even then, prone is the most stable.

3)The OP is mentioning two things:

A) Shooters should not be able to carry a LARGE sniper rifle, pop down into the kneeling and fire an accurate shot in 5 seconds.

B) Balancing sniper rifles so that not EVERYONE is inclined to use them.

It seems that on every wasteland server everyone has the same mission. Find a Sniper or rifle, attach a scope (preferibly SOS) and snipe away. I feel like you see less and less of the 'grunt' troops in the game.

1) Clearly our experiences with shooting differ. The only thing effecting my aim is incorrect position, my breathing rarely moves my sight picture as I've adopted the shallow breath technique. Correct positioning can negate a lot of weapon sway.

2) Incorrect the adaption of hunters sticks has blurred the boundaries of modern shooting as a shot from the sticks is just as accurate as prone. How ever the only problem is, is that stick shooting only works up to a range of 700mtrs, But the more professional shooter can push those boundaries further.

A) I do a agree 1,000,000% here!! Even if the shooter hasn't moved position, Muscle fatigue should settle in making the sight picture move a lot more.

B) Agreed, or there should at least be a limit on the ### of sniper positions in game, and even then the position should unlock after say 10 consistent kills. so at least the guy can shoot a target first time lol.

And yes, I do miss the up close firefights that come with this game, where you can actually see the true beauty of it all up close and personal.

I do agree with what another user has said about non of these being implemented meaning every one is a Carlos hathcock, Christ Kyle & Bob lee swagger lol!

Havent learned that one yet...

Always been taught to take deep breath then hold for 3-5 seconds.

But then again Ive never been a sniper either lol.....oooh rah

At the risk of splitting hairs...

It's a bit a misnomer the snipers hold their breath.

They do whatever works best for them. Usually

its just at the top or the bottom of the breath.

I was taught to fire at the end of my breath. Let the air out of your lungs nice and slowly after a few controlled breaths and gently squeeze the trigger. Works for me.

(Disclaimer: I don't want to split hairs about it with anyone either - just sharing what I was taught).

Breathing is situational. If you are prone let all the air out, it flattens your body and always puts your NOPA in the same position. If you don't let all the air out it will almost be like you are on a beach ball, you will notice vertical stringing if you do not let all the air out.

Offhand and barricade shooting kama sutra is another ball game.