Sign in to follow this  
Craig_VG

[MP-40] battleGames

BMBDiRnCMAAdpoy.jpg:large

Intro:

Hello and welcome to the initial release of my latest Arma project, battleGames. I'm Craig Vander Galien, and I have an obsession for ArmA.

It's currently in a fairly simple state, just as my last mission, Dynamic Zombie Sandbox, was on initial release.

Hopefully it will develop into something far more complex and exciting, but the core functionality is all here.

Description:

battleGames (I'm not sure why I styled it this way. But it comes completely from ArmA commands' capitalization style) is a fairly dynamic mission based off of the Battle Royale and Hunger Games books/movies.

Players start as civilians and are randomly placed throughout a predefined area. Loot is spread throughout the nearby buildings. All loot. You can find clothes, attachments, explosives, Chemlights, and of course weapons. Not only can you kill opponents, but also in your own personal clothing style. If you live long enough to find some, of course.

Features:

• Ever growing set of parameters
  • 40 players maximum
  • Multiple play areas
  • Dynamic loot spawns
  • Full Russian translation, and more languages on the way
  • Many future expansions and updates

Credits:

Liza Konovalova (translations)

Luke Jansen (testing)

Download:

battleGames Alpha

Seems cool, once I have ArmA 3 Alpha downloaded I'll definitely try it out.

Certainly sounds an interesting concept, will have to see if my squad will test it out.

Tried it out with a few friends.

It's good, but we need more options for location and arena size.

I bring up size only because it often takes a while for people to run into each other when there aren't many people left. One way to get around this is if there were some ways of learning the rough location, or previous location, of enemies, which would both discourage camping and increase the chances of finding people.

Tried it out with a few friends.

It's good, but we need more options for location and arena size.

I bring up size only because it often takes a while for people to run into each other when there aren't many people left. One way to get around this is if there were some ways of learning the rough location, or previous location, of enemies, which would both discourage camping and increase the chances of finding people.

Okay, thanks for the feedback. It's still early stages, so many things will be added yet!

An option for a periodically updating radar that puts people's location on the map has been added for the next version. That sound good?'

Craig

If you implemented the Battle Royal death zones then that would make everyone eventually converge to a common area. It would also prevent camping to some extent as those camping in an upcoming death zone would have to get moving. This is all part of the Battle Royale rules. Forget Hunger Games as it stinks compared to Battle Royale.

My Battle Royale mission stalled because it was going to be filled with AI in place of human players if there weren't enough human players. But, had a lot of problems with them picking up loot and such and never really went back to it. Just had an idea that giving all AI a pistol to start with might work in some ways.

I have all the Battle Royale rules written down somewhere and I think how I was going to adapt them to work a bit better for a mission like this.

If you'd like to combine forces and work on this together I'd be interested.

Also if you could somehow do what the actual hunger games did where they forced the players into a smaller area as people started to die off. Obviously you wouldn't be able to do this with a fire, but just some sort of area indication saying that a player needs to run north or they will die or something.

Also if you could somehow do what the actual hunger games did where they forced the players into a smaller area as people started to die off. Obviously you wouldn't be able to do this with a fire, but just some sort of area indication saying that a player needs to run north or they will die or something.

Except like I said above use the Battle Royale way of doing it not the lame Hunger Games way!!