Sign in to follow this  
Janez

BM Production makes mission(s)

Hi community,

I actually released a mission I created. Now don't be fulled by a fancy name, its pretty amateur work 🙂 but mission has briefing, debriefing, scenario info and all that good stuff. Hopefully if I have more time in the future there will be more missions to come.

So, here's the deal.

view?usp=sharing

Mission name: Assault on Timurkalay
Current version: 1.01
Author: BM Production

Mission description:
- Min/Max Players: 1-2
- Game Mode: Single-Player or Cooperative
- Respawn: NONE
- Map: Takistan

Requirements:
- Operation Arrowhead

Installation:
Extract 'C02_AssaultTimurkalay.Takistan.pbo' into
"Your Main Arma 2 OA directory\Missions"
and/or
"Your Main Arma 2 OA directory\MPMissions"
Depends on whether you want to play the mission SP or MP or both.

Description:
You are part of two man team that needs to destroy enemy Anti-Air
so an A10 can take out enemy armor in town.
After armor is destroyed, Alpha and Bravo will move in.
Your next job is to support them.

Credits:
- BIS
- Celery
- Kronzky
- Jinef and Mikey

Thanks to BIF, BIC, OPFEC and probably other sources for all the info.

ChangeLog:
version 1.01
- Few small task and waypoint tweaks

Google Drive

Edited by Janez
Fixed download links.

Hosted on the CiA coop server!

Looks good and I look forward to play it. Hope to see more of your work Janez.

Will provide feedback once I get the chance to play it.

Tested the mission just now. Liked the mission setup, reminded me a lot of OFP which always a good thing :)

After destroying the Shilka there's a message communicating with the A10 that promise to arrive in two minutes, but it never arrives...

Tested on a windows dedicated server.

Hm, thats strange because A10 is not scripted at all. Just waypoints from airfield. I played in SP and MP (not dedicated) and it worked fine. Can you check in SP and let me know? I will take a look at it.

Meanwhile I updated the mission to 1.01.

EDIT: I just set up dedicated server on my PC, joined on it, played the mission and A10 arrived in just over a minute. Are you using any mods? Especially ACE or something that alters plane or AI behavior?

Also, do you use beta patches and did you play alone on the server or with a friend? And if you played with a friend did he join before mission was started or after?

Edited by Janez

Hey Janez,

I played alone, and had an AI MG gunner with me.

Yes, the CiA server uses ASR AI and TPWCAS mods, in addition CWR2 was running but I don't think it should affect vanilla missions. No Beta on the server or my client.

You think that could be the reason?

One thing I learned in Arma is that anything and everything is possible, even most bizare things :). But yeah, if its not too much trouble for you, can you try without mods? Though it would probably be easier to run arma without mods on your PC and try the mission. Anyway, let me know how it goes.

Hmm... this mission needs more spice and kickass enemies. You could add an UAZ + troops to patrol around and makes some stops here and there. The town and buildings could be more occupied with enemies (on "safe") and maybe add some more life for example vehicles could be repaired/resupplied by their crews so it looks more like Timurkalay is occupied and there is only a very little chance to destroy vehicles/defense/supply without air (or arty) support. Perhaps add a few SD weapons/Laserdesignator + option to skip time?

Yeah, enemies in town should be in safe until BluFor is spotted but they are not for some reason. I used UPS. I ment this mission to be more of infantry only since its militia occupying the town not regular army. And BluFor are just regular squad that advanced a bit too far and needs to take take out AA to get some support from HQ. Thats why I didnt add 1337 SD weapons and such. Simple short mission to get few rounds off.

Tbh Im done with this mission as long as it works fine. But I will try to find time and motivation and make more missions. I have bunch of missions lying around that I never truly finished. Maybe Ill patch them up and release them. I remember making one that had all kind of cool stuff, like arty, cool gear, air support, bunch of vehicles to use, different objectives to take and parameters like ToD etc. Quite a long mission.