Sign in to follow this  
purepassion

Take On Mars - New BIS Game

It does not have to be fun in order to be enjoyable. Some people take pleasure in completing long, demanding tasks.

Don't ever change career to PR guy :p

Have to admit I too am curious what the payoff could be as there is little to excite almost all but the hardcore Geologist on what we know exists on Mars. Might need a little fiction here....

Meh,what will be so interesting about this?Not sure what kind of "exciting" missions it will have.Analyze this rock,take this sample of dust,analyze a whole bunch of rocks,manage your agency budget?Rofl this is a tycoon game and of course it doesn't have any AI,you want those rovers stuck on rocks?

Even though I like/own most of their products this is one big silly idea.

I think DCS is proof of what maio was saying. Open up your textbook to page 10,021 and begin the procedure for warming up the axillary oil pump. This pump is is important in case the primary and secondary oil pumps fail. You need it to be warm.

That said, inserting fiction elements into sims is kind of what BI does.

Don't ever change career to PR guy :p

Have to admit I too am curious what the payoff could be as there is little to excite almost all but the hardcore Geologist on what we know exists on Mars. Might need a little fiction here....

A good PR agent must apply a subtle rub to the end users ego when dealing with a "demanding" niche product :)

I think DCS is proof of what maio was saying. Open up your textbook to page 10,021 and begin the procedure for warming up the axillary oil pump. This pump is is important in case the primary and secondary oil pumps fail. You need it to be warm.

That said, inserting fiction elements into sims is kind of what BI does.

My colleague has given an adequate example.

Strange idea for a game, I'd be interested to see what game elements they can squeeze out of the setting. Maybe some design aspects, like Kerbal Space Program?

I hope they accurately simulate the 20 minute delay for the operator's commands :icon_twisted:

I am intrigued as fuck. I absolutely love Kerbal Space Program and really enjoy the feeling of 'space' games.

However, i wonder how much gameplay you can squeeze out of 'driving about on Mars'.

EDIT: I seem to have just slightly rewritten ceeeb's post... :D

Edited by NeMeSiS

Hum, take on mars, does that means that we will be able to "accidentally" draw a gentleman sausage on the surface of the red planet as well?

Hum, take on mars, does that means that we will be able to "accidentally" draw a gentleman sausage on the surface of the red planet as well?

Hehe, "gentleman sausage", lets hope we can utilise the satellite data stream to make the planet one big etch-a-sketch.

Hello there

I'm Utterly excited about this.

Even if it is *just* rovers and landings, it's one for me. I adore all things Mars-esque be it fact or fiction.

Space travel/exploration/astronomy etc is a very lucrative market, with the track record of making sims/games in niche realism markets, I can completely see why they have gone in this direction.

I hop we will be able to Kerbal, in the sense that it would be great to progress to a manned landing / small scale colony. I'm guessing that will be the mod makers preserve though.

I'm super excited about this. On an equal level with A3/DAYZ SA.

Splendid stuff.

I do hope we can try to land Beagle on Mars... properly this time...

Rgds

LoK

^^ a whole 15 mins with the dev himself, reveals this game goes a bit deeper than I thought originaly, also love the little touch at the end regarding dynamic destruction and modding.

quite lot was revealed in http://www.gamespot.com/e3/livecam-tour-day-2/ some A3,DayZ,Take On mars E3 stuff (from 18:00), tho best part was our CEO handling beer to Gamespot live camera guy earlier in A3 overview:)

Indeed, I was looking at the gamespot site and clicked on the floor cam, as soon as it kicked in streaming it was at the exact time the chap was at your booth, couldn't have times that better.

I think this is a very unique and interesting angle, the fact that at first you kind of wonder about it is a good thing.

Now that I have seem this I´m more curious about ToM

Well I was close with Take on Kerbal LOL

Looking forward to it .... always be interested in Mars ......

Gnat;2414058']Well I was close with Take on Kerbal LOL

Looking forward to it .... always be interested in Mars ......

Well TBH it won't be too far from smashing Kerbals rovers on to the surface of Duna isn't it? Even though we might end up having more sciences to do then in KSP I assume.

Now that I've watched both Gamespot videos I must say that I'm surprised. Got to love that modding is also allowed and the price point is very good. I'm following the progress.

It certainly has some nice atmosphere, finding myself intrigued.

they squandered a huge opportunity. lots of people are looking for a good astronaut simulator. if they had made astronauts and pilotable rovers and stuck it in the trailer, popularity would soar. now it's just glorified rc on mars

Being a science guy, I'm very impressed with the game.

Just so you know, Take On Mars is using the "Enforce" engine from Carrier Command, supported by the "Bullet" physics engine

I mentioned in the E3 thread, after seeing E3 floor cam demo I am very interested in getting this.

Seeing as this is the main thread I also mentioned seeing people making "robot wars" on the terrain :)

I mentioned in the E3 thread, after seeing E3 floor cam demo I am very interested in getting this.

Seeing as this is the main thread I also mentioned seeing people making "robot wars" on the terrain :)

That's actually a pretty cool mod idea. Dibs on Hypnodisc! ;)

I wasn't actually too excited by the announcement of this game, but the floor demo convinced me otherwise.

In any case, at 10€, it will definitely get me more hours of entertainment than the average visit to the cinema. :D