Sign in to follow this  
purepassion

Take On Mars - New BIS Game

tkom_screenshot_2.jpgtkom_screenshot_3.jpg

tkom_screenshot_5.jpg tkom_screenshot_7.jpg tkom_screenshot_8.jpg tkom_screenshot_9.jpg tkom_screenshot_10.jpg tkom_screenshot_11.jpg
Explore the scarred face of another world. Journey through rocky terrain and sandy wastes, pushing your vehicles to the max. Take on the mission on Mars.

Edited by PurePassion

That was really unexpected.

This is really a strange direction, but it might be interesting. Perhaps NASA will be interested in a Virtual Marsspace ;)

Here's some more information:

Take On Mars places you in the seat of a Rover Operator, allowing you to control the various, fully simulated mobile Rovers and stationary Landers. With this scientific arsenal at your disposal, you will work your way through the numerous Science Missions in each location, unlocking the secrets of Mars' distant past.

“Explore the scarred face of another world. Journey through rocky terrain and sandy wastes, pushing your vehicles to the max in this new installment to the Take On series.â€

Featuring 3 main gameplay modes, explore the unforgiving Martian terrain:

• Space Program - Explore Mars from the perspective of a science-driven Space Agency. Develop new technologies, vehicles and instruments to tackle the tasks ahead.
  • Scenarios - Head straight to the surface of Mars and complete individual missions centered around various Science Missions and objectives.
  • Editor - Create scenarios with complex missions, or just play around with whatever you wish in this limitless, free-form mode.

The most notable features in Take On Mars include:

• Dynamic destruction system – Break off cameras, robotic arms, even individual struts and wheels, all affecting the way the vehicle handles.
  • Economy – Send missions to Mars with the budget you have available, raised by completing mission and individual tasks.
  • Realistic Terrain – Explore the surface of Mars in locations based on actual satellite data from locations such as Victoria Crater.F

Last, but certainly not least, Take On Mars will be heavily aimed at modability, allowing users to create and share their own custom content, including scenarios, vehicles, and locations. Everything in the game is modifiable.

That is fantastic. I have been using the Orbiter Space Simulator and OFP/ ARMA since 2001 and like this setting. While you are waitng here are some freeware games for those that are also interested in this great adventure Bohemia takes on :yay:

Orbiter Space Simulator. The Map of this simulation is the solar system...

http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

The great Deltaglider, Mothership and Astronauts for Orbiter

http://orbiter.dansteph.com/index.php?disp=d

Mars Colony Simulator

http://hyperkat.com/mcad.html

This Game has great animations for Astronauts on Mars

http://www.racetomars.ca/mars/game_missiontwo.jsp

I think this is great.

Semi serious space sims ( Kerbal Space Program) have proven that a market for such games exists.

Well that is a Carrier Command engine if i see right ,but i think it is kinda weird idea

Really? I want some of the stuff you guys are having at the studio.

Me too!! :eek:

Zing.cz has preview

Based on modification for Carrier Command: Gaea Mission made by Martin Melicharek then it became standalone experimental game. Game use Carrier Command engine. Price 10 Euro and it will be available on steam.

Other facts only from google translator ;): http://translate.google.cz/translate?sl=cs&tl=en&prev=_t&hl=cs&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.zing.cz/preview/1017/take-on-mars-ruda-planeta-ceka

Is it wrong that everytime I hear of a game by BI outside of the Arma scope, my only interest is "how can this games features carryover and help Arma...."?

That said:

Dynamic destruction system – Break off cameras, robotic arms, even individual struts and wheels, all affecting the way the vehicle handles.

10€?

That would be a price I could pay.

I seriously don´t know what to think of this...

Oh man, this is so cool. I was gutted when Laminar omitted Mars from X-Plane 10 so this will do just nicely.

Maybe I can't fly over Mars, but cruising about in a Rover is just as good. :)

Oh look another quick'n'cheap cashcow just without AI and with a wide open nothing desert to roam around find loot erm amazing collectables and other funky stuff. Sure fanboys will like it anyway without having to test it any further and brown-nosing moderators will become the norm (like CM forums had them and other still have).

Oh look another quick'n'cheap cashcow just without AI and with a wide open nothing desert to roam around find loot erm amazing collectables and other funky stuff. Sure fanboys will like it anyway without having to test it any further and brown-nosing moderators will become the norm (like CM forums had them and other still have).

Not everyone has the same test in games....that said you are spamming.

Cashcow? Wy?

Is it wrong that everytime I hear of a game by BI outside of the Arma scope, my only interest is "how can this games features carryover and help Arma...."?

That said:

Kinda sorta not necessarily. Arma is the flagship (or was? ) so it stands to reason that the flagship would incorporate the features of spinoffs, at least that is how I thought it was.

Very..erm..curious, I'm not one to immediately knock down a game unless its battlefield 3 and 4 but I'm wondering where the mass appeal will be in this. Typically the Kerbal game seems to draw people in by the use of creating your own space ship with success or miserable failure and the challenge to reach long distant planets. Exploration is a factor sure but the question would be what you are exploring for. Not really sure what to think of this one but who knows what they will do with it.

I'm really curious about the mindset behind this.

The guys that made Carrier Command are a separate studio from the one(s) working on A3.

Edited by Maio

Oh you saw before my edit huh? Well I thought about that but then there was also "You know, even if they are the same studio, a game like this would give the guys who don't have something to do something to do rather than letting them sit around or be fired".

The terrain looks nice and it would be even better if this was set in the Carrier Command type universe rather than in our universe, would open up many more possibilties but who knows.

So, um, where exactly will the fun factor come from? They'll be a few laughs from crashing your ship into a million pieces but I think even hardcore sim fans will have trouble enjoying it if the meat of the gameplay is travelling at 0.5mph down gentle slopes on a barren wasteland to reach a pebble.

I think the big intrigue here will mostly be left to exploration, only problem is that without some kind of reason exploration can become a bit dull. I'm not saying its not fun to explore and look around just for kicks, but you generally need a little push to get you out there.

This doesn't try to cash in one anything. If it had a DayZ logo somewhere or something of that nature, I might agree, but I don't see anything here that looks like a cashcow. If the game isn't good, it won't seel, and if it is, well all the better. I actually think this is interesting, and I'll have a look at it.

Oh you saw before my edit huh? Well I thought about that but then there was also "You know, even if they are the same studio, a game like this would give the guys who don't have something to do something to do rather than letting them sit around or be fired".

The terrain looks nice and it would be even better if this was set in the Carrier Command type universe rather than in our universe, would open up many more possibilities but who knows.

We just have to play the waiting game until some actual game play footage emerges from BI's marketing vault.

So, um, where exactly will the fun factor come from? They'll be a few laughs from crashing your ship into a million pieces but I think even hardcore sim fans will have trouble enjoying it if the meat of the gameplay is travelling at 0.5mph down gentle slopes on a barren wasteland to reach a pebble.

It does not have to be fun in order to be enjoyable. Some people take pleasure in completing long, demanding tasks.