Sign in to follow this  
purepassion

Take On Mars - New BIS Game

With 2013's E3 ahead on the 11-13th june, BIS has already established dominance with the Arma 3 Beta and the DayZ standalone. :cool:

However, that might not be all there is to look forward to.

Yes, it seems like there is a new game!

To clarify that, let's take on this article from eurogamer.cz

Here is the english google translate version.

So far, that's the only information I could find on this possible new installment of the "Take On" franchise.

tkom_logo.png

Take on Mars

tkom_screenshot_2.jpgtkom_screenshot_3.jpg

tkom_screenshot_5.jpg tkom_screenshot_7.jpg tkom_screenshot_8.jpg tkom_screenshot_9.jpg tkom_screenshot_10.jpg tkom_screenshot_11.jpg

Take On Mars places you in the seat of a Rover Operator, allowing you to control the various, fully simulated mobile Rovers and stationary Landers. With this scientific arsenal at your disposal, you will work your way through the numerous Science Missions in each location, unlocking the secrets of Mars' distant past.

“Explore the scarred face of another world. Journey through rocky terrain and sandy wastes, pushing your vehicles to the max in this new installment to the Take On series.â€

Featuring 3 main gameplay modes, explore the unforgiving Martian terrain:

• Space Program - Explore Mars from the perspective of a science-driven Space Agency. Develop new technologies, vehicles and instruments to tackle the tasks ahead.
  • Scenarios - Head straight to the surface of Mars and complete individual missions centered around various Science Missions and objectives.
  • Editor - Create scenarios with complex missions, or just play around with whatever you wish in this limitless, free-form mode.

The most notable features in Take On Mars include:

• Dynamic destruction system – Break off cameras, robotic arms, even individual struts and wheels, all affecting the way the vehicle handles.
  • Economy – Send missions to Mars with the budget you have available, raised by completing mission and individual tasks.
  • Realistic Terrain – Explore the surface of Mars in locations based on actual satellite data from locations such as Victoria Crater.F

Last, but certainly not least, Take On Mars will be heavily aimed at modability, allowing users to create and share their own custom content, including scenarios, vehicles, and locations. Everything in the game is modifiable.

Edited by PurePassion

Was mentioned in a Armed Assault Info news item some days ago..

"Take On (reveal)

“Explore the scarred face of another world. Journey through rocky terrain and sandy wastes, pushing your vehicles to the max in this new installment to the Take On series.â€"

Maybe it's Take On Curiosity :bounce3:

Contrary to the eurogamer article, I don't think we're looking at ordinary cars :icon_twisted:

Nice find

I miss the simplicity of the takeon style set up , helicopters weren't my bag but cars would keep me there longer

Sounds like takeon with added PhysX and some funky world ?

Hopefully DNA will takeon the lead again after A3 final is out , he is a natural In that role it seams

Wish they did take on ships or something too at some point now they have PhysX and some nice looking water.

Now the whole delay after the integration of the new PhysX back then makes all sense?

Motorstorm on PC? A true sequel do 1ns4n3? Or to 4x4 Evo?

I'm shooting everywhere!

I've heard rumours "Take On All The Things" is already in development ;)

From what I've read and heard so far, I think a futuristic setting is very likely and regular cars are rather unlikely. Though there are many, many open questions!

Hopefully DNA will takeon the lead again after A3 final is out , he is a natural In that role it seams

It's actually Martin Melicharek (Carrier Command)

Well in any case I will be looking forward to it! :)

I always thought there was a big market opportunity for 'space trucker' themed games.

I always thought there was a big market opportunity for 'space trucker' themed games.

LULZ, so true :P

So I guess that tank is from Take on Helicopters?

STGN

STGN

Yeah, I think so. Take On had some tanks for both sides. You got to do some CAP missions in Take On: Hinds and enter a tank battle.

Yes. It's one of the release pictures for Take On Helicopters: Rearmed.

Just stating the obvious here, but if Carrier Command's project lead is now the head of this project, then that probably means this game is the one rumored to be coming to the PlayStation 4... Being that Carrier Command was BIS' most recent console title and all...

So it's a brand new game or maybe a stand-alone.

Maybe the´ll do Take on Tanks. That would be cool

That would be cool if they were trying to compete with Steel Beasts.

Remember that the tank is a completely unrelated stock picture from TOH:Rearmed.

The information so far speaks about "another world" and it "might not even keep a realistic draft". :)

I hope if they do do take on tanks, they make it an expansion that can be combined with A3, just like A2 CO. I wish they had done that with TOH too for either A2 or A3.

Take On City where BI decided to do a completely civvie urban simulation after the successful Alice module.Drive around in a rich detailed city environment where everyone has a schedule.Or it's probably that Mars Truck Sim someone else mentioned.:p

Whatever it is I'm willing to bet BI wants to enslave us by having a wide spectrum of games then we'll be 100% assimilated when on a certain day a single patch will merge all their games into a single product.

Dwarden confirmed on IRC that there will be a reveal, said the setting might be shocking...