Sign in to follow this  
someboy

Game does not detect gamepad

Hi,

I have a Logitech Rumblepad 2 USB, but the game seems to not detect it. In options, the "prefer joypad" option is fixed to "no" and cannot be changed. The units do not repond to my actions with the gamepad.

Does anyone else have this issue?

If memory serves, you can install a small executable named "x360ce" in your game folder and run it before starting the game and then your game will detect your game pad. I did something like that a while ago but since I didn't like the presets, which could not be changed, I just forgot about it. I still have it I think. Let me test and I'll confirm that to you.

Thanks a lot, that would be great!

I didn't know the game was not compatible with typical USB gamepads. It's kind of weird, since the pad works perfectly in Arma 1 & 2.

Yep. Just tested it and it works exactly as I described. Once you copied the executable in the game's folder, start it (it will need to find your gamepad) and then, start the game. You're all set! ;)

Thanks a lot. Hmm, the game is still not recognizing the pad, although x360ce recognizes it OK. I must be doing something wrong, but I don't have time for further testing. I will try in the weekend!

Have you made sure that the x360ce.exe is located in the CCGM's game folder? Did you leave it running when you started the game?

Yes, the exe is located in the game's directory. Hmmm, the applications says that you must close it before starting the game... (still, leaving it opened did not help)