mrflay

FLAY Hang Glider Mod

Version 0.3 (Dropbox)

- Fixed variometer sound not working in first person

- Removed disassemble option when inside vehicle

- Adjusted overall audio levels

- Added black hang glider variant (aka. Night Wing)

- Added Molotov cocktail

- Added Cluster bombs (Night Wing)

- Added Cluster mines (Night Wing)

- Hide FLAY_Thermal from editor (should use module instead)

Would love some feedback on the newly added weapons (i.e. do they work?).

Thanks! :)

I love this. It's simply fantastic. I love the animations. I found a few bugs:

-When I first got in, when I pushed W to move forward, I spun in a circle. Can't duplicate so maybe it was something on my end with a stuck rudder or something.

-Variometer stays on after exiting and packing up the hang glider.

-Weapons seem to work, though they are difficult to see. Can you expand the head range of motion so the pilot can see behind themselves? I like the fire effect from the molotov. Sound effect for the molotov launch is a bit much. I'd change it to simply a dropping bottle sound.

-Would love a MUTE button for the variometer. :)

Nice release (for me, no ArmA session is complete without flying around in one of these), a few questions/suggestions:

-Does the Molotov (Nice effect btw) not do any damage? Or does it only do damage at contact? I dropped one, got out and walked over the flames and it did nothing to me.

-Is it possible to make the black hang glider (Nightwing should be it's official name imo) look more black? On mine it shows up as a dull grey.

Thanks, and great work on these.

I love this. It's simply fantastic. I love the animations. I found a few bugs:

-When I first got in, when I pushed W to move forward, I spun in a circle. Can't duplicate so maybe it was something on my end with a stuck rudder or something.

-Variometer stays on after exiting and packing up the hang glider.

-Weapons seem to work, though they are difficult to see. Can you expand the head range of motion so the pilot can see behind themselves? I like the fire effect from the molotov. Sound effect for the molotov launch is a bit much. I'd change it to simply a dropping bottle sound.

Yeah, I'll fix this for next update. Thanks for feedback!

-Would love a MUTE button for the variometer. :)

In future it will be possible to click on the buttons on the UI overlay to enable/disable audio, but for now audio can be disabled by setting the following variable.

[player] setVariable ["FLAY.variometer.audio.on", false];

Nice release (for me, no ArmA session is complete without flying around in one of these), a few questions/suggestions:

-Does the Molotov (Nice effect btw) not do any damage? Or does it only do damage at contact? I dropped one, got out and walked over the flames and it did nothing to me.

It's supposed to cause damage (0.06 hitpoints every second for 10-15 seconds). I only tested it on enemies, so I need to check your repro as well.

-Is it possible to make the black hang glider (Nightwing should be it's official name imo) look more black? On mine it shows up as a dull grey.

I'll try, modelling really isn't my thing. It needs proper materials and textures, at the moment it's just painted in O2 :)

In future it will be possible to click on the buttons on the UI overlay to enable/disable audio, but for now audio can be disabled by setting the following variable.

[player] setVariable ["FLAY.variometer.audio.on", false];

Oh cool. Thanks for the quick reply. I can set up a radio trigger or an addAction to flip the sound on and off.

I think the color looks fine on the nightwing personally. Also, I forgot to mention, but I can't tell what the "Engine On" does. It doesn't seem to have any effect for me. Is it the same as hitting the space bar when launching? If it's the same as hitting the space bar, then it works fine and never mind. I'd just remove the addAction in that case then to remove the clutter from the addAction menu.

Is it possible to make a readMe.txt file with some simple instructions on what to do with the modules and how to modify them?

EDIT: Just read your post about "swooping" and tried it and loved it! Maybe add a water "shoooooooosh" sound effect when it's happening.

Again, great addon!

EDIT: I made a few screenshots and mocked up a logo just for fun. Let me know if you are interested in the logo and I can send you a PSD or transparent PNG or something. ;)

screenshot-01_LR.jpg

screenshot-02_LR.jpg

Edited by Feint

Also, I forgot to mention, but I can't tell what the "Engine On" does.

This gets added automatically for all vehicles deriving from Plane class (same with autopilot and eject). I haven't found a good way to get rid of them for just the hangglider. Previously I removed them by overriding the CfgActions config, but then no aircraft would get the options.

Is it possible to make a readMe.txt file with some simple instructions on what to do with the modules and how to modify them?

Sure, I'll include it in next update.

Ridge Lift module adds a simulated ridge lift effect (only one should be placed on the map it as effects the whole map). Thermal Lift module adds a single thermal lift effect at the position it is placed (add as many of these you want). There is a short description of the parameters if you hover over the label in the editor.

EDIT: Just read your post about "swooping" and tried it and loved it! Maybe add a water "shoooooooosh" sound effect when it's happening.

This is good idea, I'll definitely add that :)

EDIT: I made a few screenshots and mocked up a logo just for fun. Let me know if you are interested in the logo and I can send you a PSD or transparent PNG or something. ;)

Wow, nice! :) I don't have photoshop, so a transparent PNG would be best for me.

Hi Im very new to Arma editing,modding and this is literally my first post so I apologise in advance for this probably very dumb question but I have searched for a long time now and couldnt find an answer or even anyone with the same problem.

Ive installed the hangglider mod and Im pretty sure Ive done it correctly, Ive tried all the different approaches, enabling it via the Expansions menu or via the launch commandline, Ive also put the flay folder in the mydocuments-arma3 folder and tried that, Ive also just put the .pbo files into the general arma3-addons folder, which worked for most of the other planes and vehicles Ive installed..

But I cannot find the hangglider in the editor anywhere, Ive searched every dropdown menu of every Side, Faction, Class etc. The only 2 things that show up are in the Module section of the Editor, under FLAY the Thermal Lift and Ridge Lift options, which seems to cofirm that the mod is installed somewhat correctly. Maybe Im just blind as a bat but Ive spent a good 1-2h installing, deinstalling the mod completely again, erasing every file, putting them back in, looking in the editor, on different maps and I never found it. As I said above, every other vehicle Ive downloaded and installed the same way shows up in the editor, for example the AC-130 or the Cessna planes from Armaholic.

So Im seeking your help, maybe someone can post a screenshot of where the hangglider should show up, in which editor menu or maybe somebody knows of any existing conflicts between this mod and other mods.

Id really like to play around with this mod, it looks so nice!!!

If this has been anwsered anywhere already or this is the wrong place to post, Im sorry! Please redirect me to the correct thread or the answer.

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

copy the @hanglider mod into your default ARMA3 directory.

then adjust your steam startparameters with -mod=@hanglider (name of the folder)

this will work. I tested this Mod on the Weekend, it was great!

Have you tried the Empty section? I usually find mine there. That means you have to spawn as something first to be able to access it.

Thanks for your fast response, but as I said above, Ive done that multiple times, it didnt work for me... I assure you, that Ive done it correctly, I also deleted every file of the hangglider mod, put it back in, tried the commandline, tried the expansion menu, it doesnt show up...

right, it´s just findable in empty section => AIR

otherside try to copy the hanglider pbo file directly in your ARMA3\Addon directory.

Have you tried the Empty section? I usually find mine there. That means you have to spawn as something first to be able to access it.

You, Sir, have saved my sanity! I did not know about that, Ive spawned a player and now theres the "Empty" section, with the all the vehicles including the hangglider. Thank you so much, you made my day! :)

hi... what is a class name of -black hang glider backpack- and -blue hang glider backpack-?

i need know to add this nice work in my ammobox script...

I found "flay_hangglider_bag" but, ingame, it is empty!

thank you! x)

hi... what is a class name of -black hang glider backpack- and -blue hang glider backpack-?

i need know to add this nice work in my ammobox script...

I found "flay_hangglider_bag" but, ingame, it is empty!

thank you! x)

FLAY_HangGlider_Bag

FLAY_HangGliderBlack_Bag

Try the following version, I made some changes to the backpacks and hopefully it works better.

flay_hangglider_v04.zip

Thanks for the additional info about this updated version :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Rocket booster for FLAY HangGlider mod (by Sabre[Dust])

Easy lift this way :cool:

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just a suggestion. A Fan version. Simple fan on the back to provide a sufficient amount of lift for awhile. Say 30 mins or so.

Oh my script is on TV :O

Thanks for test flying asuseroako : )

MrFlay, I have a question:

could you add the units name to the CfgPatches / class / units array in a future version please : )?

class CfgPatches {
   class FLAY_HangGlider_Core {
       units[] = { [color=red]"gliderclassname","nightwingclassname","backpackclassname etc"[/color]};
       requiredVersion = 0.1;
       requiredAddons[] = {};
   };
};

That would enable us to place the units in ZEUS :yay:

Oh my script is on TV :O

Thanks for test flying asuseroako : )

MrFlay, I have a question:

could you add the units name to the CfgPatches / class / units array in a future version please : )?

class CfgPatches {
   class FLAY_HangGlider_Core {
       units[] = { [color=red]"gliderclassname","nightwingclassname","backpackclassname etc"[/color]};
       requiredVersion = 0.1;
       requiredAddons[] = {};
   };
};

That would enable us to place the units in ZEUS :yay:

Yes, I that will be fixed in next release... which should also include a few textured gliders :)

dxBvQORl.jpg

The CSAT Y-500 Vulture (using antoineflemming's excellent CSAT Semi-Arid Hexacam Pattern)