Sign in to follow this  
Blue1

Blue1 Server - Dedicated Teetime Warfare [reworked]

What you want most for next Version?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What you want most for next Version?

• Removed Crosshairs
    • More AI enemys
    • 3rd Person ON
    • 3rd Person OFF

How's this mission running for everyone? Last night there were quite a few people on the server and while it didn't start too bad for me, our (guys in my outfit) frame rates went to shit over time.

same here, after restart i get 50-60 fps. after an hour or 2 it drops to 15-20

one thing i noticed that gear that had been dropped wasn't removed by any cleanup script (e.g. chemlights,etc dropped at spawn) or the script may not have been working as there were around 20 pickups on the airfield too.

I would really like to see OpFor get it's own airfield. Landing at the current base with a jet is no problem but taking off is almost not possible.

Moreover I must say that the performance starts to become bad after a few minutes. idk what the reason is.

Anyway: I'm experiencing random vehicle explosions when you enter them e.g. Jets or Helicopters. You board them, they explode. No mines around, game just started.

Edit: After the airfield jets were moved I suggest to replace the AA jet with a CAS jet and add AA Buzzards to Air Shop (85k).

Edited by CharlieTwoFive

same here, after restart i get 50-60 fps. after an hour or 2 it drops to 15-20

one thing i noticed that gear that had been dropped wasn't removed by any cleanup script (e.g. chemlights,etc dropped at spawn) or the script may not have been working as there were around 20 pickups on the airfield too.

This is a problem with the game not there server, ig et 55 FPS on my own server running CTI after and hours it 20-22 fps till a restart :( I noted that at that point memory usage had doubled.

Yep, OPFOR needs own airfield ! I suggest the asphalt road left of town Dorida...the runway could be beetwen two bridges. It's enough long to land and take off-i tried and was successful 4/4 times.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2186/hzjt.jpg

Other thing to point out is that its starts to DESYNC after a while cca 30-40 min-maybe longer some times, and after that its almost imposible to play.

Question for Blue1: why arent we having the same number of zones but in way that they are covering whole ALTIS? I know its more time to travel beetwen zones, but it could be fun-more new places to admire !

Every time I try to play this mod it has terrible desync. It ran fine on Stratis but Altis seems to be bringing it to its knees.

There is another issue: We are not able to link UAVs to our UAV Terminal. They can only be (un)locked even there are no seats.

Ye fixed wings UAV cannot connect.

And a player told me that the fixed wing UAV spawned when bought in OPFOR main is a BLUFOR UAV.

/sEi

Edited by sEi

Every time I try to play this mod it has terrible desync. It ran fine on Stratis but Altis seems to be bringing it to its knees.

for some reason the Dysncs are more profound on the teetimes server :( im not sure why but the last few times i joined it was happening about every 5 mins ...it almost feels like there is pipe saturated causing the issue...just a guess

Found another issue today-and its really fuc2ing annoying-when i was in TIGRIS the ammo type was keep changing randomly to another type. Lock-on was almost impossible so after that I changed to BTR and same thing again. Is this BIS problem or server side?

Also saw random explosions while players were entering choppers at the base and also at airfield while entering a JET.

If I may add a one small suggestion: it would be better if we haven't so many zones but few zones that are across the whole ALTIS. I am saying that because most of the matchs weren't finished till the end(because of DESYNC) and even if they were, they lasted very long (over 4-5 hours like today-at the end mayor DESYNC).

Btw Blue1...server has a lot of potential but it still needs much improvements.

Guys,

i've made a decision.

i've took my time to think about it very well,...a few days.

i will stop hosting and editing / supporting Arma3 the way i did.

The reason: in short words - Arma3 will never be able to get a stable, constant massive multiplayer (with that i mean more players as every old console can handle) wargame. period.

*Sigh* i am sad too - but, there is no evidence to anything, that related to MP-Server-hosting or MP-optimizations on BIS-side will ever change or ever occur to make this a real PC multiplayer expirience.

I am sorry - but i am not going to waste my now somewhat limited sparetime with editing and/or money for servers that never get close to any average utilization of more than 30% while the game/engine fucks itself to hell.

Regarding to this, Arma3 will never get even close to my personal expectations at a 2013 largescale MP wargame.

Details regarding the future of my Servers / the Mission and its development will follow soon.

I am sure you will understand.

Best regards,

Blue1

Edited by Blue1

Guys,

i've made a decision.

i've took my time to think about it very well,...a few days.

i will stop hosting and editing / supporting Arma3 the way i did.

The reason: in short words - Arma3 will never be able to get a stable, constant massive multiplayer (with that i mean more players as every old console can handle) wargame. period.

*Sigh* i am sad too - but, there is no evidence to anything, that related to MP-Server-hosting or MP-optimizations on BIS-side will ever change or ever occur to make this a real PC multiplayer expirience.

I am sorry - but i am not going to waste my now somewhat limited sparetime with editing and/or money for servers that never get close to any average utilization of more than 30% while the game/engine fucks itself to hell.

Regarding to this, Arma3 will never get even close to my personal expectations at a 2013 largescale MP wargame.

Details regarding the future of my Servers / the Mission and its development will follow soon.

I am sure you will understand.

Best regards,

Blue1

I for one after much testing on my own server have come to the conclusion that in order to have a 90+ multiplayer i would have to run a mission devoid of any AI and very minimal scripts :( I was going to set about making such a mission but realized i would be recreating BF3 :( I may yet give it a try but being we are 2 days away from release and there will be no magic bullets for the core issue of this game my motivation is fading :(

Thnx for your time,money and work on hosting and mission making and i am positive that most people do not blame you for you decision .

I really enjoy your Server! :-) ... would be nice if you could get ammo for the at-launcher (rpg, ...) from the cities... and not only from the base.. or would it affect the gameplay on a bad way?

Blue1 is going to stop all his activities related to A3 :-(

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163685-Another-one-is-leaving-Arma3

this would be really sad... the maps are really nice and alot of People enjoy it.. even more People will love it after the game has been released... the netcode will be optimized in a while

A real shame Blue1, but understandable. It seems such a shame that the arma series has such huge maps but lacks the necessary netcode to fully utilise it.

Very sad - But i understand your decision.

So what to do then...? - Maybe PR (Project Reality) comes up with some nice MOD soon - PR-BF2 was 'the way BF should be played', i hardly ever played any BF vanilla :)

Keep the contact Blue1 - we might meet somewhere suddenly. And thanks for your effort so far.

/sEi

for many of us... :confused_o:

Thats really sad, his server was possible the only reason i played ArmA3...

Hey Mates,

i've asked some well known people of this community if they want to "take over" my Mission and the further Development.

Bad News: No one wanted to dedicate himself to continue the work on it.

Good News: i will publish it "as it is" - free for everyone to host, edit and do whatever you like to do with it.

As you already know, i am sorry that my spare time (especially for Arma3) is very limited at the moment.

So i hope you give me a few more days to edit & release a "publishable" Version.

For me, the most important thing is, that i want to hand over a Documentation of it, as good as i can provide.

As soon as i am done with it, i will update the first Post on this thread with everything you could need to gain the same performance and stability my servers/mission had.

Once again - i am sorry, but i hope you all can understand why i did this.

Of course i know, this won't have any effect on BIS, their work, popularity or even on things "that have to be done" to/for Arma3 ... but,... yeah, i made my decision.

Thank you very much for joining / supporting my servers (together we reached Top 15 (DEV) and Top 5 (Worldwide) on Gametrackers.com btw...^^)

and i hope you will still have fun with Arma3 as i had - once.

Best Regards,

Blue1

Hello to all friends of Blue1 server

We are a small group of players who tried to alive the server through donations.

As Blue has decided that he coudnt alives the server cause personal reasons, we have decided to continue with our people to sit together and create, with his help, a good comparable server.

Now it is the extent and the server is now running with the Server name

(in Filter SteinenCity)

<[GERMAN]> SteinenCity - Dedicated Server <[bLUE1-CTI-MAP]>

TS3: 144.76.173.68

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/144.76.173.68:2302/

Now is the time to test the server and continue to improvement.

here you`re asked now!

You all invited to visit us to testing server to get a good performance in large number of players.

More Informations will coming soon

looking forward for some pretty games und awsome work.

Greetings STEINEN CITY TEAM

Edited by [S.CITY]BroTox

Why are you switching to the BECTI Mission? TTWF is stoped on your server?

BroTox;2526955']Hello to all friends of Blue1 server

We are a small group of players who tried to alive the server through donations.

As Blue has decided that he coudnt alives the server cause personal reasons' date=' we have decided to continue with our people to sit together and create, with his help, a good comparable server.

Now it is the extent and the server is now running with the Server name

(in Filter SteinenCity)

<[GERMAN']> SteinenCity - Dedicated Server <[bLUE1-CTI-MAP]>

TS3: 144.76.173.68

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/144.76.173.68:2302/

Now is the time to test the server and continue to improvement.

here you`re asked now!

You all invited to visit us to testing server to get a good performance in large number of players.

More Informations will coming soon

looking forward for some pretty games und awsome work.

Greetings STEINEN CITY TEAM

Why are you switching to the BECTI Mission? TTWF is stoped on your server?

thats true. Our Mapper is working on a new one but it will takes a little bit of time to finish it.

we wont make a second EUTW or TFS Server.

Meanwhile we test the new BECTIs an upcoming 0.97. simply better to play with a small group of Players.

Blue1 and many more mapsfiles are ready to play on the Server.

but its simple sucks to play with 20 players, first of all we have to push the Servercommunity to have Players for ~40Vs~40 games.

HC is now ready to test !

greetings BroTox

Edited by [S.CITY]BroTox